Sign in to follow this  
TCCANARY

What theories will be presented in predicting our demise next season?

Time for a little light relief, next season the pundits will be asked for thier predictions, they always will find a way to have us as relegation candidates, please add your theories, the sillier the better. I''m going for;

Second Season Syndrome, it''ll be our third in the Premiership but Hughtons second with us so we can put 2 & 2 together and make it equal relegation.

" Norwich City''s end of season Form was terrible and it will obviously continue for the whole of the summer and next season resulting in us finishing bottom with a record low points. " Hanson

I doubt the spotlight will fall on us much as in the past two seasons.

Pundits will concentrate more on the three teams coming up.

WetSpam & Soton second season.

And of course, Manure & Everton with management change.

Hopefully we''ll go forward with not much punditry analysis unless we''re incredibly good or incredibly crap.

Depends who we buy. We have a very good core of players to go with this time round, Ruddy, Bassong, Snodgrass, RVW and even Johnson and Garrido would get into most premiership starting 11''s. Add to that the likes of Pilkington, Holt, Hoolahan, Turner, Martin, Howson, Tettey and the Bennetts and there are several more competent premiership level players.

I think under lambert, we were a lot luckier (QPR games spring to mind) and the injuries didn''t mount up as much. I am far more confident in our team than i was last summer at this time.

Play for draws again and we will be relegation candidates but may not be so lucky next time. Hopefully lessons have been learnt ......

Ruddy''s been sold to Arsenal, Johnson to Swansea, Pilkington to Stoke, Martin to Villa, Holt to Celtic, RVW won''t actually turn up. All to be replaced by a load of useless players (probably Leeds reserves), Lee Camp will be our new first choice GK and we''ll be relegated without picking up a point next season.

The appointment of Mark Hughes or Roy Keane as manager in January after Hughton is sacked following fan protest at his failure to get Norwich into a Champions League spot by Christmas will be the turning point. Holt will be off after a training ground bust up where he sparks the new manager out. Bj will follow for the same reason a week later.   Lawro will state every week that we need to show patience and give the manager time to build his own team whilst all the while snidily tipping us to lose in his Lawro Predicts feature amassing a record haul of points along the way.

Jimmy & Paul, did you read the original post or do you just have an agenda you need to push?

What do you mean TC? I answered that the pundits opinion will depend on who we sign and elaborated.

What is wrong with that?

I agree with Jimmy and Paul. I think we have a much better foundation for building upon than this time last year plus a loyal manager. If we stick by him I feel he will stay loyal to us and we need medium term stability after the last few years. I would be delighted with so-called mid table obscurity next season.

No higher than 8th, no lower than 12th. Might have a cheeky bet on us to win the league cup, if we hadn''t pulled up against Villa this year it would have been very doable and we''ll be better next year.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]I agree with Jimmy and Paul. I think we have a much better foundation for building upon than this time last year plus a loyal manager. If we stick by him I feel he will stay loyal to us and we need medium term stability after the last few years. I would be delighted with so-called mid table obscurity next season.[/quote]

You definately didn''t read the OP.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]I agree with Jimmy and Paul. I think we have a much better foundation for building upon than this time last year plus a loyal manager. If we stick by him I feel he will stay loyal to us and we need medium term stability after the last few years. I would be delighted with so-called mid table obscurity next season.[/quote]

You definately didn''t read the OP.

[/quote]

I know, just a bit of lunchtime mischief. I thought I would continue Jimmy and Paul''s TCCANARY wind up.

I know that this is meant to be tongue in cheek but it you actually look back to the predictions from the season we got promoted there were a fair few who thought we would survive. Must admit I didn''t pay quite as much attention this season.