Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Intersting read & poll

What does this inner circle thing entail Nutty? I''m not sure I have time for such a commitment. I''m already pulling double duties as Pant Wetter, and I think the term used was Super Happy Clapper.

IS. Your point is well made, but the point I am and have been trying to make for some time is that it''s what is said that is all that matters and should be commented on, if it is crap then tear it apart, if it is good then agree with it, or make no comment as you wish. But what is the value of referring to the other stuff?

[quote user="im spartacus"]i haven''t read this thread but i''ll  bet my mortgage its an inner circle snore fest best avoided [:D][/quote]

Unless The Inner Circle has gained a few new members you could not be further from the truth spartacus.It is nearly as bad as the expression ''certain posters'' who never get named. [;)]

Vanwink, normally I would agree with you, and smear tactics are the enemy of knowledge, but sometimes you have to accept that the motiviation of the person saying such things should be taken into consideration when choosing whether to respond.

Put simply, it''s quite clear that the original blog post is intended to be ultra-negative, biased towards a specific viewpoint, and fuelling a certain someone''s reputation. Therefore it is not worthy of a reasonable discussion in my opinion. If some of the points were put in an even-handed way I don''t think I would take much umbrage with the majority of them.

It doesn''t entail anything. Putting labels on posters just helps those who find debate difficult. I don''t think you''ll even notice any difference..

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Ridiculously biased anti Hughton article.

Fails to mention that we were always likely to struggle this year (Swansea is an exception) and that the players are by and large not good enough for the prem.
[/quote]

They were last year!

[quote user="dpj canary"]

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Ridiculously biased anti Hughton article.

Fails to mention that we were always likely to struggle this year (Swansea is an exception) and that the players are by and large not good enough for the prem.[/quote]

They were last year!

[/quote]but why?

Yep, and Blackburn and Bolton and Wolves'' players were good enough for the Prem in the years before, but not last season.

If it was as simple as blaming the manager for all clubs that get relegated it would be a very simple formula to stay up, wouldn''t it?

[quote user="I.S."]Actually I agree that for the most part his substitutions have not been effective this season, but is that down to lack of tactical ability or lack of depth in the squad?[/quote]Impossible to answer because we have no way to go back in time and make earlier changes to establish if it would or not.My argument would be that if he made the changes earlier (and they were positive changes), and those players were repeatedly ineffective, then you''d have a fair shout in regards to it being a squad depth/player ability problem.But IMHO you can''t claim it''s a lack of depth when you have players who are fit and ready to play, but then get given just 3 minutes to influence a result, especially if the players they are replacing have been poor for most of the game but no change was made until it was too late...

I read and appreciate, but prefer to go by what I saw in the stadium.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="dpj canary"]

Fails to mention that we were always likely to struggle this year (Swansea is an exception) and that the players are by and large not good enough for the prem.[/quote]

They were last year!

[/quote]but why?[/quote]

Because that was then and this is now?

I''m being facetious. I''ve tried to explain my point of view time and again.

I think Hughton has improved our squad but our league placing doesn''t reflect that improvement.

The reasons for this are many, firstly and most importantly, improvement is not exclusive to Norwich City. Just like the extra TV money will benefit all the other clubs too.

Secondly, we have a very shallow squad. The fringe players, when given the opportunity, have been shite. That includes David Fox who, from not playing, seems to be the next Pirlo.

We have been unfortunate with injuries, Ruddy particularly. And......yes methods are probably, no, definitely different. However, Real Madrid have had 24 managers since Fergie started at United and they seem to manage OK. Not much continuity there. They seem to manage ok though.

Some of the regime change posters intimate that Hughton is a good coach and not a manager, then suggest that our players have regressed. That confuses me.

I guess it comes down to whether you are an inner or an outer.

I''d still give the bloke a chance. For all Madrid''s chopping and changing, Barcelona are the better team.

The best way to retain continuity is not to change it in the first place.

And Norwich City didn''t change it did they?

That''s the danger with not rotating the squad when you don''t have reserve team football though isn''t it. It''s hardly surprising that when a "fringe" player has sat on his @rse for 5 months and suddenly gets chucked in, he looks out of his depth.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]What does this inner circle thing entail Nutty? I''m not sure I have time for such a commitment. I''m already pulling double duties as Pant Wetter, and I think the term used was Super Happy Clapper.[/quote]

inner circle members have mostly met each other outside of the forum and know each other by christian names.

inner circle members are fully entitled to hijack any thread and turn it into a personal argument among themselves which goes on for many pages and strays far off the original topic.

inner circle members average 20 posts a day over a number of years.

inner circle members never have a post removed by peter the deleter as he is only a figure head and it is they that really run things.

it is a kind of klu klux klan of message boards

i hope that clarifies things for you [:D].

Going back to CH substitutions, I also get frustrated at the lateness of these in some games, especially when he has sometimes bucked the trend to make a critical difference. The outstanding example was when he brought KK on with 30 minutes left in the Everton game. Having been outplayed for 60 minutes, his headed goal turned the momentum of the match and City dominated the last 20 minutes and completed the comeback to win the game.

I''m Spartacus typed:

inner circle members have mostly met each other outside of the forum and know each other by christian names.

inner circle members are fully entitled to hijack any thread and turn it into a personal argument among themselves which goes on for many pages and strays far off the original topic.

inner circle members never have a post removed by peter the deleter as he is only a figure head and it is they that really run things.

i hope that clarifies things for you [:D]

I''d go along with that......

i''m spartacus wrote: inner circle members have mostly met each other outside of the forum and know each other by christian names. inner circle members are fully entitled to hijack any thread and turn it into a personal argument among themselves which goes on for many pages and strays far off the original topic. inner circle members average 20 posts a day over a number of years. inner circle members never have a post removed by peter the deleter as he is only a figure head and it is they that really run things. it is a kind of klu klux klan of message boards       i hope that clarifies things for you [:D].

To be fair to SDP,  he has deleted some of the more self-incriminating posts that the inner circle members have posted.  In my run ins with several different long standing posters (truce, boys, eh?) he has been quite fair.     Otherwise, a fair summary!  [:)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I''m Spartacus typed:

[/quote]

Name and shame then Mello.

I did not realise that meeting up and drinking in The Nelson and at the now closed Bayer Club was a breach of forum rules. Mind you the offer has always been there for ANYBODY to come along for a pint and a chat but it is always the same posters who decline the offer or never show up.

Anyway must dash as off to meet other Inner Circle members at All Bar One on Tombland and The Nelson after the game. [;)]

May i just add that the rest of your post is ill informed bollox but then if you were to meet up you may just alter your stupid thoughts Mello.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

I''m Spartacus typed:

[/quote]

Name and shame then Mello.

I did not realise that meeting up and drinking in The Nelson and at the now closed Bayer Club was a breach of forum rules. Mind you the offer has always been there for ANYBODY to come along for a pint and a chat but it is always the same posters who decline the offer or never show up.

Anyway must dash as off to meet other Inner Circle members at All Bar One on Tombland and The Nelson after the game. [;)]

May i just add that the rest of your post is ill informed bollox but then if you were to meet up you may just alter your stupid thoughts Mello.

[/quote]

I didn''t type it Mr Tilson, I just said that I would go along with that........maybe it hit a raw nerve?....Toot toot!

I

Its all true Mello, most people know it but keep their heads down to avoid any conflict.

Have to say I do admire you LDC, appreciate the feeling is not mutual, I will stick up for the right of anyone to post on here, I may not agree with it but in that case it should be dealt with by debate and not some of the hounding that goes on.

It took balls for you to come back so well done.

Things are not always what they seem!!

[quote user="Vanwink"]Its all true Mello, most people know it but keep their heads down to avoid any conflict.

Have to say I do admire you LDC, appreciate the feeling is not mutual, I will stick up for the right of anyone to post on here, I may not agree with it but in that case it should be dealt with by debate and not some of the hounding that goes on.

It took balls for you to come back so well done.

Things are not always what they seem!![/quote]

As will I, Vanwink, including you.  [;)]   

[quote user="can u sit down please"]See you in the nelson Tilly. I''ve got a pass![/quote]

Good man it was great to see you but i hope you realise by meeting for a drink with posters you will now be in The Inner Circle gang. [;)]

Still it will mean that SDP will allow you to post without fear of having posts deleted and also to trash threads.[:P]

CUSDP, you can hold me to that drink next time I see you [:)]  Everyone else got one, shame to miss somebody out...!Fantastic to see everybody so happy today.  That''s what it''s all about!  OTBC

CUSP, you used to be respected.  Now you are a pant wetter with no clue.Get back to the rig.

Always makes me chuckle that the people that can actually climb out from behind the safety of their computer screen get criticised for it by people who would rather remain anonymous.

Interesting irony indeed.

[:)]

[quote user="ref89"]CUSP, you used to be respected.  Now you are a pant wetter with no clue.Get back to the rig.[/quote]

Love you too.

Don''t know if you''ve ever been respected lol. Ill def not be sharing a couple of snippets if nobody cares.

Ill hold you to that graham. I Prob needed it after the stick Tilly was given me. But you''ve got to take it.

I agree Morty, I have no problem meeting people and my views would be the same, rather than the "keyboard warrior" approach.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Tilly, the only time I was happy with the appointment [of Hughton] was when it won me a few quid.

In all seriousness he was never my first choice. I always wanted Gus Poyet.

[/quote]

Poyet was my first choice too. In a theoretical universe. But I never saw any suggestion or indication that Poyet wanted to leave Brighton (which is a club on the rise) or that the highly ambitious owner would have let him go.  It is probably not insignifcant that Poyet didn''t end up taking any of the PL jobs (Soton, QPR, Reading, Sunderland) that became available during the season.