Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Intersting read & poll

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Great post from Baracouda. There you go Vin and CUSDP the guy''s joining date was 2011. Totally blowing out of the water your ridiculous claims about present posters. Mind you Bury''s been around a long time and I''m not sure what to make of him...

Brownie... I was repeatedly asked to respond to your point. I''m still not 100% sure what it is so hope I have answered it.

Now I have a question for you. Have you kept that unwavering faith in Holty? Or is that reserved for the players Hughton doesn''t pick?

[/quote]Nutty someone answered on your behalf the q''s that i posed. Dont really think you answered them, but when you dont have an answer its a bit of a flap.You keep going back to when i said "the board isnt what it was". If you focused your energy on the q''s i specifically typed back to (you that someone else could understand), them im sure you wouldve answered them.Its my opinion that they board isnt what it was, most people you speak to nowadays about this place will say they stay clear of it.But in answer to your question, which is a good one "Have you kept that unwavering faith in Holty? Or is that reserved for the players Hughton doesn''t pick?Yes i have. Ive not once knocked him. I even got wrong with someone the other week that sits near me. He is teh best we have. I believe that the changes in style have affected him this year add a little bit of being disengaged too. Things worked for him last year, and i think continuity would have helped him. I dont think he wouldve got 17 again tho, but we all know we needed someone to compliment him after pre season and teh Fulham debacle.Some interesting stats for you:Last year: 69 shots in total & 1.92 per match.This year: 44 shots in total & 1.38 per match.He''s not Gary Lineker. he''s not going to take every chance that comes his way.But what we saw when he was playing well were chances being created. In L1 & the champ he liked the touchlines, but last year he seemed to play the width of the 18yd box a lot more. That paid dividends. This year we struggle to get a shot on target and he has made big changes to his game for the incoming gaffa (source Holt & Hughton).As for Wes. I love him as much as i love Fox. Its wrong for a 30 yr old man to have fav players but i do.Im fully behind him, he is still our most technically gifted player. In his defence the 10 game run coincided with his return to the team. Chants of his name could be heard everytime things on the pitch werent happening and he was on the bench.A problem hes had this year is how deep the midfield sit and a lone forward. How often do the midfield break forward for him to make that incisive pass? How many options does he really have apart from a Holt, that is being marked by 2 players?If i was Hughton, i would definitely play them both on sunday as they are the best we have. I''d love to see Becchio, but he will be majorly short of match fitness.But as it is, we are 1 up top and the reserves beat the 1st 2-0 in a friendly yesterday, with Hughton spending all game standing behind the back 4.Heres to a win tomorrow! Beer [B]

"Great post from Baracouda. There you go Vin and CUSDP the guy''s joining date was 2011. Totally blowing out of the water your ridiculous claims about present posters. Mind you Bury''s been around a long time and I''m not sure what to make of him..."

You know that you have not addressed the point being raised with that statement! You can point to any number of individual posters, you nailed it earlier when you said that around 30% of posters had gone!

As far as Holty is concerned I think he has been asked to play a role that hasn''t suited his game and his performances have suffered as a result.

Your final point is a bit spurious, what is clear to me is that Hughton has not managed the squad very well, the result being that we have a number of players for example Jacko and Becchio who could be required to help us win a crucial game tomorrow but who have a serious lack of match practice.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]the reserves beat the 1st 2-0 in a friendly yesterday, with Hughton spending all game standing behind the back 4.[/quote]Blimey, I didn''t realise Hughton could play in goal. He''s even more talented than we thought! [:D]

OK .. Now I''m really mystified. Make it easy for a poor old boy Danny &

Brownie. Ask me specifically what you want me to respond to. The exact

question. But please don''t attach other posters views to me in the process. Your

POV isn’t a question. Many of your views I can agree with many I can’t. If you

think I’m flapping then put me on the spot.

Now as for this board. You’re telling me most you speak to steer clear of

it. Did those people used to post on it then? Or have they always steered clear

of it. The amount you posted on here since yesterday tea time. And the scant

regard you hold the board’s posters in do not add up.

And it’s interesting you keep crazing me for an opinion when I’m one of

those people you and most you speak to steer clear of. 

You are coming across as very arrogant. I know you’re not really like that.

[quote user="Vanwink"]"Great post from Baracouda. There you go Vin and CUSDP the guy''s joining date was 2011. Totally blowing out of the water your ridiculous claims about present posters. Mind you Bury''s been around a long time and I''m not sure what to make of him..."

You know that you have not addressed the point being raised with that statement! You can point to any number of individual posters, you nailed it earlier when you said that around 30% of posters had gone!

As far as Holty is concerned I think he has been asked to play a role that hasn''t suited his game and his performances have suffered as a result.

Your final point is a bit spurious, what is clear to me is that Hughton has not managed the squad very well, the result being that we have a number of players for example Jacko and Becchio who could be required to help us win a crucial game tomorrow but who have a serious lack of match practice.[/quote]

Of course good posters have gone. We''re talking getting on for 10 years here. Some have moved on. Even some are dead!! My point was that for every so called good poster that left back in those good old days I''d name you two who have joined. Tell you what, I''ll double it. For every so called good poster who''s left since Dumble''s days I''ll name you four who''ve joined.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

OK .. Now I''m really mystified. Make it easy for a poor old boy Danny &

Brownie. Ask me specifically what you want me to respond to. The exact

question. But please don''t attach other posters views to me in the process. Your

POV isn’t a question. Many of your views I can agree with many I can’t. If you

think I’m flapping then put me on the spot.

Now as for this board. You’re telling me most you speak to steer clear of

it. Did those people used to post on it then? Or have they always steered clear

of it. The amount you posted on here since yesterday tea time. And the scant

regard you hold the board’s posters in do not add up.

And it’s interesting you keep crazing me for an opinion when I’m one of

those people you and most you speak to steer clear of. 

You are coming across as very arrogant. I know you’re not really like that.

[/quote]Arrogance? no im not arrogant but you really are on your high horse naming people from yesteryear. I dont spend much time on here nowadays nor have i got that many posts. Nor do i remember as many posters as what you can. Youve met up with a lot socially and clearly remember a lot more than me & Van wink do. A few people struck a chord with me and thats that.You know people that i know that no longer post. Places ive worked at people will say "nah i no longer go on there." The other day i asked someone and they said "its full of ****.Not about footie anymore.all about bitching and whos been going the longest!" Ill even show you the text tomorrow.Im not gonna repeat the questions any more on continuity etc. Someone else has since answered them and i respect what theyve put. You then posed a question on Holt & Hooley, ive answered but yet its been ignored. Maybe a trip to specsavers is on the cards mate Geeked [8-|]

LOL Nutty! As I''ve said before, I haven''t asked, invited, demanded (or any other type of request) that you reply to any post I''ve made on this thread. My point on this thread is that I believe that our players ARE good enough for this level and haven''t reverted to Championship/League One/Anglian Combination cloggers since Christmas. I''m pretty sure that we agree on that point. Here''s hoping they show how good they are tomorrow and we get the 3 points and we can have that survival celebration we''re all desperate for!

Now are you going to stop messing about and give us an answer?!

Brownie - Well of course our players are good enough for this level. Not sure I''ve suggested otherwise. If I have suggested otherwise I''d like a reminder where I did. I think I have posted doubts about the central defenders Hughton inherited and I think Garrido is better than Tierney but that''s not to say I wouldn''t have confidence in Tierney stepping up just like I have confidence in Bennett stepping up. Why do you assume I don''t have confidence in our players?

CUSDP - The specific question was posted to Brownie because I knew he had posted doubts about Holt before. He answered that.

CUSDP - You won''t see me tomorrow to show me the text. Why problem do you have with the quality of posters on this board in 2013?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I''m judging him because his ave sub time of 68 mins isn''t to far off.

He hasn''t changed his approach with a diff set of players.[/quote]Why does his "average substitution time" matter?  Have you looked at the average times any more meaningfully, i.e. average time in games when winning, drawing, losing?  It seems a fairly meaningless stick to beat Hughton with in the grand scheme of things.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="can u sit down please"]I''m judging him because his ave sub time of 68 mins isn''t to far off.

He hasn''t changed his approach with a diff set of players.[/quote]Why does his "average substitution time" matter?  Have you looked at the average times any more meaningfully, i.e. average time in games when winning, drawing, losing?  It seems a fairly meaningless stick to beat Hughton with in the grand scheme of things.[/quote]

Yes I have. That''s another post completely. Look at brums first 6, the scores at the time of subs are mirroring what he does now.

Completely relevant as he clearly does everything as he''s always done.

Those that think he can change his philosophies instantly next yr are deluded.

Blimey Nutty, I think you''re getting confused! I didn''t say you said/thought that, in fact I said I''m pretty sure we agree on it, which you''ve just confirmed that we do!

Then I''m still at a loss as to why I''m leader of the wolf pack!!

Maybe you met me in the candy store.....

Page six Brownie.. it seems so long ago now but it was only yesterday[8] As was my roast.....

Fish finger butties today[;)]

[quote user="i''m spartacus"]i haven''t read this thread but i''ll  bet my mortgage its an inner circle snore fest best avoided [:D]
Judging by page 11 you''d be correct. I should probably check out page 1 to see where all this started. Do you think they are aware that the very thing they are complaining about is exactly this kind of thread? Probably not, that would be smart of them.

I haven''t looked at Hughton''s first 6 games at Brum but I''m just wondering why those 6 games are particularly relevant?

What about his last 6 games?

Or games 23-28? Why just 6 games?

Seems to me that people make up their mind and then try and pick and choose the facts that suit their argument. I''d hazard a guess at that being the reason that those 6 games are so relevant.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="can u sit down please"]I''m judging him because his ave sub time of 68 mins isn''t to far off.

He hasn''t changed his approach with a diff set of players.[/quote]Why does his "average substitution time" matter?  Have you looked at the average times any more meaningfully, i.e. average time in games when winning, drawing, losing?  It seems a fairly meaningless stick to beat Hughton with in the grand scheme of things.[/quote]

Yes I have. That''s another post completely. Look at brums first 6, the scores at the time of subs are mirroring what he does now.

Completely relevant as he clearly does everything as he''s always done.

Those that think he can change his philosophies instantly next yr are deluded.[/quote]So you think we should change our manager on the basis of his approach to substitutions?Mental.

IS there''s a clear pattern. Ill look at the rest of the games later.

His failure to make a decent and influential change with subs, comes under "tactics".

With the exception of kamara vs Everton he''s not done anything.

You seriously can''t be saying he''s good at substitutions? Jeez.

So you''re saying that apart from when his substitutions work (which I assume is purely down to luck) he is not good at substitutions?

When have his substitutions worked?

Newcastle away? 1 down with 10 left, he brings Moro off for Holt?

Bringing becchio on for holt with 3 mins left v qpr?

Tell me, how do you rate Hughton as a game influencer with his substitutions and tactical changes?

Actually I agree that for the most part his substitutions have not been effective this season, but is that down to lack of tactical ability or lack of depth in the squad? What is your opinion on the wins over Man Utd. and Arsenal at home - did Hughton get the substitutions right in those?

IMO the jury is out with regards to Hughton, and there is no doubt the football has been painful to watch at times this season, but I believe that if he keeps us up he deserves the opportunity to bring in attacking players that he has faith in over the summer.

Also, it doesn''t surprise me that Mark "vendetta against the club that didn''t give me a printing contract" Smith has waited until the end of the season to put out such a biased blog.

My apologies Nutty, I''ve just been back to page 6 and it would appear that the reason I didn''t have a clue what you were referring to was because it wasn''t me who said it.

Vanwink, read this and tell me if the blog is actually about Norwich or our good friend Smduge''s ego?

http://smudgerncfc.com/about/

Who trusts people who talk about themselves in the third person anyway? :)

Brownie.. I got some good and bad news for you...

The good news is I already knew it wasn''t you that said it but your bad news is...

Another poster has placed you into the inner circle[:O]

Just remember about the sticks and stones and you''ll be ok bud[;)]