Sign in to follow this  
Monty13

Ryan Bennett

[quote user="star_manic"]as others have said, his potential is very great. at just 23 he is already mature beyond his years, and playing with and alongside players like Bass and Turner can only improve his game. but how long before he is noticed by the big boys?

he could already hold down a starting place in the Arsenal team.
[/quote]

And this is what I mean about people getting carried away.

He is not that good and he won''t be playing for the "big boys" anytime soon.

Oh, also, Arsenal have the second best defensive record in the Premier League this season so I don''t think they''d be in a hurry to put Ryan Bennett in there.

Like most fans i was so relieved yesterday that at last we went for it. A lot to me of that new found confidence came at last from having one of the best keepers in the league back in goal.

Ryan could be one of the best backs for some time he has all the right attributes as he did when he played at Posh, he used to single handed run their defence. He is young confident and will soon bed in to the side, he reminds me a lot of Shawcross, in that good on ground and in air.

I doubt we need do much in the summer in defence although left back needs sorting not certain on Garrido and Tierney clearly out of favour.

In midfield i feel we need one big signing of skillful creative player with pace like Hools, and clear out some of attack force and bring in a fast impact striker.

Next season could be a good one

I agree, Mervmeister.

Pilkington is blessed with natural skill and pace but is perhaps our most inconsistent player, both from one game to the next and within individual games.

With little competition for his role, we need to sign someone to reinforce the left wing.

I don''t know how accurate it is, but last time I looked at Wikipedia''s article on Olsson at Blackburn, who we have been linked with repeatedly, he was described as capable of playing left back and left wing. If so, maybe he''d cover for both.

[quote user="CJ"]he reminds me a lot of Shawcross, in that good on ground and in air.[/quote]

Good grief, on a couple of levels.