Sign in to follow this  
Monty13

Ryan Bennett

Its been a great day and a great performance, but I thought the lad did very well today, and the last few games.

There were some saying with Turner out we would be down, that he hasn''t justified his price tag, Lambert signed a dud etc.

I think he has proved himself a more than able backup to Turner and a valuable squad player. He''s young and will only improve. He looked calm and generally composed today in a pressure game, he could have a bright future here if he continues to develop.

Yeah, always thought criticism of him was way over the top. But since coming in for Turner hasn''t put a foot wrong. Unlucky not to get the goal today as well.

Definitely improving, and i''d say looking likely to be more than good enough to remain in our defence for years to come.

And also, great to see him put the whole twitter thing behind him, was slightly worried that might effect his performance on the pitch. Hopefully he starts next week as well and can keep Augero and Tevez quiet!

I''ll admit, I was very worried when he came on for Turner. So glad he''s proved me wrong. Been absolutely outstanding the last few weeks.

He would definitely be one of the lads I would be keeping here for next season. He''s proved his doubters wrong imo

Great prospect, massive potential and absolutely excellent today. Let''s just keep him off Twitter

It''s great to have 3 quality centre halves, Bennett is sublime in the air and his positional play is excellent.

He''s been brilliant recently and our defence looks good for next season. Only question raised is about Ayala and Barnett. Personally I think Barnett will be sold, however I haven''t heard much about Ayala so for me he''s an unknown.

Imperious is the word I would use. He''s been brilliant since coming in for Turner and carried on where Turner left off putting the ball in the back of the net.

Really pleased for him.

give him another two years of development and we could have a very good player on our books. no matter what happens in a game, he just looks so assured and composed. add to that, he is a very handy player as well.

He''s done well but there is a bit too much praise heading his way, people are getting a touch carried away.

Turner and Bassong have turned in bigger performances and have lad less praise. Last week it was Bassong who did the trickier bits of keeping Benteke quiet but the praise was heaped on Bennett because he did the more obvious bits.

Also, today, Lukaku and Long spent a lot of time on the wings and so WBA didn''t really put us to the sword that much.

Not saying he hasn''t done well because he has but I can tell people are getting carried away.

Was very impressed today, dominated in the air and good distribution out from the back. I think a player of his age really benifits from playing alongside Bassong and the experience he brings. Wonerfull prospect for the future and is showing us why he came with such a big reputation and price tag. I still think we will probably try and get Davis in, but thats to do with competition and if Bennet is on his game then he has a chance of keeping his starting place!

All you have to look at is that Bennett in the last two games has man marked two of the best and biggest target men in the premier league and kept the pair of them very quiet, I think he has the potential to be a fantastic player, he can pass a ball aswell as dominate strikers, bundles of pace and sublime tackling ability. Get Bassong fully fit and we can have a strong centre back pairing with youth and experience something to really build on.

He''s looked the real deal the last few games, can pass too, and score!

Having seen the replay the 3rd goal is quite clearly his. McCauley heads it against the back of Bennetts head.

I thought he has played with real maturity and quality since he has come in for Turner. I was a bit spectacle when he came into the side but he just fills me with more and more confidence with every game. Credit where credits due!

Bennett has played out of his skin the last couple of games. He looks a different player to the clumsy naive Bennett we saw earlier in the season.

He is genuinely looking like living up to his price tag. A massive turnaround, long may it continue!

It''s easy to forget the lad only just turned 23 in March. He''s got so much ahead of him if he keeps improving. Learning from Bassong and Turner will only help him.He wasn''t in the England Under-21 team on luck. Wasn''t he captain for P''boro at 19 or something too?

As I said earlier, people are getting carried away.

Not saying he hasn''t done alright lately because he has but there''s a long way to go for him yet.

Bennett has taken the chance and moved ahead of Turner IMO, not slating Turner as he has improved beyond any level I thought he would, he''s been superb. But because Bassong and Turner have been so good anyone who get''s the chance must play at their best to stay in this team, and Bennett has done that.

From the Bennett that joined us, he looks a lot more powerful, nit sure if he''e bulked up, but doesn''t get pushed off the ball, great in the air, quick and a great touch on the deck too.

This kid could be our next big thing, next season.

Putting him ahead of Turner is premature IMHO, there''s no doubting that he''s looked a million times better than when we saw him last season and that his recent performances have been of a good standard, but there''s still a lot of inexperience there and rushing him into a full season would be a bit of a risk - for him and us tbh.Turner has done very little wrong this season, in fact on the ''hard'' areas from defenders such as tackling and clearances etc, I think he''s been better than Bassong, but Bassong has the stronger mental side to his game and gets the best out of who plays alongside him which is invaluable.I''d suggest that Bennett and Turner will rotate more next season, with either covering for Bassong if he''s injured in the other games.

as others have said, his potential is very great. at just 23 he is already mature beyond his years, and playing with and alongside players like Bass and Turner can only improve his game. but how long before he is noticed by the big boys? he could already hold down a starting place in the Arsenal team.