Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Grant Holt

I don''t think it is. 
We need at least 4 strikers next season, at the moment we only have 3 contracted. I think our strikers next season will be Holt, RVW, Becchio and an other (possibly Hooper). 

I hope not, showed he can still do the business when the whole team perform to the required level, might not be first choice next year but I wouldn''t let him go anywhere.

Battling Captain''s performance today, I hope to see him putting them in next year.

You''ve have to credit the guy, there was a great article with him in The Sun today. Pulls out the performances when we need them most - and could prove to be a good partner for RVW. Loves the club, and lets be honest, the club love him. Goals will come, we know he can score.

THANK YOU for all you have done Grant.  Too old for next season, but good luck.

[quote user="ref89"]THANK YOU for all you have done Grant.  Too old for next season, but good luck.
[/quote]

He''s 32. Ridiculous comment.

How old is Giggs, ref89?

Is he too old?

Note: Realised after that my input should have probably been added on to this thread.

unique wrote:

Regardless of the fact he had little to do, Norwich immediately look stronger with Ruddy between the posts. Holt, Howson and Johnson(possibly) produced their best form of the season today. Ryan Bennett confirmed, along with recent performances, why we paid the transfer fee we did. Becchio''s biggest contribution of the season. The full-backs showing plenty of eagerness to get forward. Hughton must have learnt a lot from today''s performance. The shackles should come off the players far more readily than has often been the case.

Unique, I have no wish to distract from your positive input, however, I would like to give my opinion regarding Grant Holt. When we win a game I realize there is a tendency to get caught up in the "praise game" and, conversely, the opposite is true when we lose a game, where we often fail to observe the effort. Holt did his job today and we needed that. In the Aston Villa game, however, I thought Holt was immense, despite our loss. I would bet any amount of money if we could have a frank discussion with the Villa defenders after the game that night they would readily admit all they wanted to do was rest their weary bodies. They had been in a battle with a bruiser and they knew it.

[quote user="jossacklandsspunkybackpack"]He was awesome today. One of his best ever peformances. Better late than never![/quote]

Agreed. Wish he''d performed like that in some of our other matches. Like he gave a damn today. All the toher matches were just as importnant at the time.

Fcuking immense today.Playing against him must be like being run over by a bus.

Based on his performance today, I don''t think he will be going anywhere. His understanding with Hoolahan is phenomenal and when we are more attacking he is still a threat.

I think that he is performing a different role in Hughton''s tactics which requires him to be more selfless and when in gets the ball he doesn''t get into as good positions as last season.

Possibly his best game this season, he played with his natural aggression which is so important to his game and didn’t go looking for a foul instead of concentrating on the ball. He certainly benefited from having a ref who allowed a fair tussle between a centre half and a centre forward take place.

All season Holty has been a marked man without any help from the officials (not that he has helped himself at times) and that has frustrated him no doubt.

It was once again after Mike Reid couple of weeks back to have another good ref who didn’t screw us over.

Hopefully Holty will be here next year to earn his rightful legendary status with us all.

Rob Butler asked him after the game

"If I''m wanted I''ll stay, if not I''ll go."

He is wanted, he will stay.

Funny the way he walked the ball into the net today. Cheeky bugger!  Great performance today. I hope he stays. But he may be 2nd or even 3rd choice if City sign another Premier League standard striker this summer - and I genuinely think we need to.

[quote user="Stig"]Rob Butler asked him after the game

"If I''m wanted I''ll stay, if not I''ll go."

He is wanted, he will stay.[/quote]

He''s not wanted, he won''t stay

I''ve given him a lot of stick this season, but today was a true captains performance from the man.

Very will done Grant, but I personally think that''s it fr him.

His words at the end of the game, reminded me of Lambert last season, knows he''s off...

delta bravo wrote the following post at 12/05/2013 8:01 PM:

He won''t be here next season.

That has the ring of authority about it. Evidently you are privvy to more informed sources than the rest of us. Care to divulge?

[quote user="ricardo"]Fcuking immense today.

Playing against him must be like being run over by a bus.
[/quote]

Binner McAuley , not for the first time, is sick of the sight of him.

His words at the end of the game, reminded me of Lambert last season, knows he''s off...

Difference is he can’t just walk out as easy as shambert…

Fantastic performance today, maybe trying for the shop window …who knows.

In the interview it sort of sounded as if he suspects the manager/board were looking to move him on, or have at least attempted too.
I thought his response was a bit odd, but the guy does seem to do a great job and making us believe he is going to leave.
he also stated he expects there to be a lot of speculation around him leaving.
I ended my love affair with Holt last summer and unfortunately he hasn''t done enough this season to win it back, however i thought his performance today and against Villa showed the Holt of old, as-well as his technical inabilities.

Early balls into Holty and bugger me he look likes the player under Lambo.

Didn''t hear his interview but as a club captain he is immense and must stay. A tragedy for the binner on this thread!