Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

We will go down!

Oh how brilliant it would be to turn back the clock to Saturday 30th March 2013 at 2.50pm. In the dressing room at Wigan, Chris Hughton suddenly decides that instead of trying for a point, we should try and go for all three. Instead of losing 1-0 with no shots on target, we win 1-0. We now sit on 41 points, maybe more, with just two games left. Wigan have three points less than they do now and look almost certain to drop down a division with an FA Cup final to also think about.

That scenario wouldn''t have been so hard. It was there for the taking at half time. It was there for the taking at 75 minutes. It was even still there at 80 minutes. When Kone scored on minute 81 that hope of all three points disappeared. We couldn''t even muster the effort to try for a point. Something our manager see''s as a better achievement than getting all three.

Two teams have less wins than us in this seasons Premier League. QPR and Reading. Both relegated.

We won''t beat West Brom. We won''t beat Man City. We will be relegated because we deserve to be relegated. The stats don''t lie. Two wins since Christmas. Pathetic.

An £8.5m striker signed in March, at a time when we need goals, but where is this striker? Oh yeah, he''s scoring for somebody else. Sure the price would have been nearer £15m in January, money we didn''t have to spend on one player, but spending that sort of money on a player who can''t play for us when we desperately need goals in frankly useless.

This seasons strikers brought in: Kamara, Kane, Becchio. None of them an improvement on last years strikers. Just cheaper options.

At last!

The forum has been crying out for a thread on this very subject.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Oh how brilliant it would be to turn back the clock to Saturday 30th March 2013 at 2.50pm. In the dressing room at Wigan, Chris Hughton suddenly decides that instead of trying for a point, we should try and go for all three. Instead of losing 1-0 with no shots on target, we win 1-0. We now sit on 41 points, maybe more, with just two games left. Wigan have three points less than they do now and look almost certain to drop down a division with an FA Cup final to also think about.

That scenario wouldn''t have been so hard. It was there for the taking at half time. It was there for the taking at 75 minutes. It was even still there at 80 minutes. When Kone scored on minute 81 that hope of all three points disappeared. We couldn''t even muster the effort to try for a point. Something our manager see''s as a better achievement than getting all three.

Two teams have less wins than us in this seasons Premier League. QPR and Reading. Both relegated.

We won''t beat West Brom. We won''t beat Man City. We will be relegated because we deserve to be relegated. The stats don''t lie. Two wins since Christmas. Pathetic.

An £8.5m striker signed in March, at a time when we need goals, but where is this striker? Oh yeah, he''s scoring for somebody else. Sure the price would have been nearer £15m in January, money we didn''t have to spend on one player, but spending that sort of money on a player who can''t play for us when we desperately need goals in frankly useless.

This seasons strikers brought in: Kamara, Kane, Becchio. None of them an improvement on last years strikers. Just cheaper options.[/quote]

Get. Behind. Your ****ing team!

Got behind them Saturday. Will get behind them Sunday. And the following Sunday when I travel with a few thousand others to Man City. Just don''t think we can do it.

@Morty - shouldn''t you have put ''LOL'' at the end of your reply? Just a thought.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Panicking are we?

You''re quite a man.[/quote]what do you expect from Row 7? if we were currently 12th he would be posting about us being relegated next season. he is the most negative poster on here.

We have one last chance Sunday to ram all the critics words including myself down their throats. If we don''t, then we deserve to be relegated simple as.

You forgot to put on the "I really hope I''m proved wrong" so you don''t look like you''re gloating.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="Militant Canary"]Panicking are we? You''re quite a man.[/quote]what do you expect from Row 7? if we were currently 12th he would be posting about us being relegated next season. he is the most negative poster on here.
[/quote]

I must admit his posts were more enjoyable under Paul Lambert. It''s like Hughton has given him instrutions to dream up the most negative scenarios possible. It''s a sign of the times....

[quote user="Herman "]You forgot to put on the "I really hope I''m proved wrong" so you don''t look like you''re gloating.[/quote]

That is the only issue I have with these sort of posts/threads.

I happen to think we''ll go down now but you wouldnt catch me posting gloating threads. It''s almost as though some fans want Norwich to go down just to say "told you so!".

They do... kind of.

Being uncompromisingly negative is a win-win situation for people like him.

If Norwich win, then hooray, Norwich win- we can all enjoy the victory. If they lose, then they can say ''told you so''. I suppose its a way to protect your ego if you''re confronted with bad news (like Norwich losing a game or getting relegated).

Trouble is, it isn''t very productive. Negativity has a way of spreading through a football club to the point of fatalism. As I always say, the players feel that on the pitch and it has a detrimental effect on them when they''re out there.

It takes guts to be positive sometimes.

Its not just the Wigan game we have dropped 30 points against the bottom 8 sides (excluding ourselves). THIRTY!!!

We have won 1 in 6 games against the sides who arrived from the Championship when under Lambert we won all of them.

But ... all of that is the past and Hughton needs to reflect on this and ask serious questions if we survive.

Forget previous results we need to believe that we can beat West Brom because we are capable of doing so. 

To the OP:

You obviously don''t understand the meaning of the word "supporter".

I thought the forum had lost this kind of attention seeking thread when First Wizard left on the last occasion. Jeez.....

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="Militant Canary"]Panicking are we?

You''re quite a man.[/quote]what do you expect from Row 7? if we were currently 12th he would be posting about us being relegated next season. he is the most negative poster on here.[/quote]I think the two canaries '' highland ''and '' lincoln '' will be most put out to see this.

Were you not getting enough attention from the various threads you''d posted on? And therefore felt the need to start an entire new thread based upon the exact same things that have been said in 32 other ones?

Well, I guess some people do live incredibly empty lives.

I get a bit fed up with these posters who express their opinion as a fact, like the title of this thread.

The fact is that we are one of a number of clubs who might go down. The fact also is that should Wigan fail to win tonight we are  less likely to go down.

The fact is that should we beat WBA on Sunday then we probably won''t go down.

All this constant angst. Can we talk about Ipswich for a change? 

The fact is that they are a p-ss poor club in every definition of the word "poor." Now nobody will dispute that. 

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Being uncompromisingly negative is a win-win situation for people like him.

If Norwich win, then hooray, Norwich win- we can all enjoy the victory. If they lose, then they can say ''told you so''. I suppose its a way to protect your ego if you''re confronted with bad news (like Norwich losing a game or getting relegated).

Trouble is, it isn''t very productive. Negativity has a way of spreading through a football club to the point of fatalism. As I always say, the players feel that on the pitch and it has a detrimental effect on them when they''re out there.

It takes guts to be positive sometimes.[/quote]

Negativity is something that has been rolling along under the surface at Carrow Rd for years - and I agree it can spread throughout a club on to the pitch.    The most positive I had felt the club had been  for a long time was the beginning of the League 1.  Great pre-season, new players, all seemed positive - fantastic atmosphere at the first game of the season - and then it blew up in our faces.   Even during Lambert''s reign there were murmurings. Ok, all was positive in League 1, but the undercurrents were there all the way through the championship when we couldn''t quite believe it.   Then we weren''t going to be good enough last season.   We weren''t going to be good enough this season.   

But one thing really gets me is that we are not yet relegated.  We are still in there fighting.   We are one match from possible safety.  The negative view is to simply say, yeah, we''re down  - its really easy to say - or think.    But the other side is to say - hang on a minute we can win this upcoming match.  We''ve beaten MU at home. We''ve beaten Arsenal at home.  |We murdered Sunderland in the first half to beat them. We beat Everton through guts and determination.  We beat Wigan.    We can win the next match and we should as fans do our best to be positive about it.  I firmly believe that a crowd can affect a match - and I think Sunday is going to be a tumultuous occasion.    

So lets leave the negativity behind and look forward to what is going to be a very dramatic weekend. 

and Wigan are still 3 points behind us having played the same number of games. they are away to champions league chasing Arsenal next week, just days after their cup final. you hear that Row/Seat?

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Oh how brilliant it would be to turn back the clock to Saturday 30th March 2013 at 2.50pm. In the dressing room at Wigan, Chris Hughton suddenly decides that instead of trying for a point, we should try and go for all three. Instead of losing 1-0 with no shots on target, we win 1-0. We now sit on 41 points, maybe more, with just two games left. Wigan have three points less than they do now and look almost certain to drop down a division with an FA Cup final to also think about. That scenario wouldn''t have been so hard. It was there for the taking at half time. It was there for the taking at 75 minutes. It was even still there at 80 minutes. When Kone scored on minute 81 that hope of all three points disappeared. We couldn''t even muster the effort to try for a point. Something our manager see''s as a better achievement than getting all three. Two teams have less wins than us in this seasons Premier League. QPR and Reading. Both relegated. We won''t beat West Brom. We won''t beat Man City. We will be relegated because we deserve to be relegated. The stats don''t lie. Two wins since Christmas. Pathetic. An £8.5m striker signed in March, at a time when we need goals, but where is this striker? Oh yeah, he''s scoring for somebody else. Sure the price would have been nearer £15m in January, money we didn''t have to spend on one player, but spending that sort of money on a player who can''t play for us when we desperately need goals in frankly useless. This seasons strikers brought in: Kamara, Kane, Becchio. None of them an improvement on last years strikers. Just cheaper options.[/quote]

pratt

I think the only realistic way we could go down now, is to not get any more points and to get relegated on GD.

A draw against West Brom would see us safe.

A big Arsenal win against Wigan and us avoiding a big defeat against Man City would see us safe even if Wigan beat Villa, although I''m not sure I''d be around to see our 3rd season in the Prem should this happen!

You put your opinion across very well, LDC. I agree with just about everything.

What I am trying to say is that by constantly expecting the worst possible outcome - be it a single defeat or relegation - sooner or later, you end up guaranteeing it.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]You put your opinion across very well, LDC. I agree with just about everything.

What I am trying to say is that by constantly expecting the worst possible outcome - be it a single defeat or relegation - sooner or later, you end up guaranteeing it.[/quote]

I don''t necessarily agree with that - my view is that having any sort of expectation is unhelpful.   Expecting to get relegated, expecting to stay up - neither have any affect on what actually happens.     When we go to games most of us will hope to do well, hope that the conditions are right for a good performance.   Others that go to a match expecting to win or expecting to lose - it is just their minds trying to control what happens - and you can''t control things that are out of your control!   That way of thinking is bound to lead to less joy at what actually happens.   If you expect to win - and lose - your disappointment is doubled.  If you expect to lose and win - you may think that''s great - but all that negative thinking before hand was a waste  of time, because it was incorrect. 

The best way imo is to have an open mind about what could happen in a match, go to a match with hope that your team will do well, but without expecting it. That way you will react to what happens in a much more natural way.    All a bit deep maybe, but sometimes we as fans expect too much. 

Sunday will be a fantastic occasion because we will not be expecting to win, or expecting to lose - but merely hoping for a good result.   That''s   what creates good atmospheres at matches - not meaningless expectations. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]Sunday will be a fantastic occasion because we will not be expecting to win, or expecting to lose - but merely hoping for a good result.[/quote]Spot on LDC. [:D]

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]

We won''t beat West Brom. We won''t beat Man City. We will be relegated because we deserve to be relegated. The stats don''t lie. Two wins since Christmas. Pathetic. [/quote]

Perhaps moving to row A might give you a better view on things.Leave predictions to those who know what they are talking about.[;)]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]

We won''t beat West Brom. We won''t beat Man City. We will be relegated because we deserve to be relegated. The stats don''t lie. Two wins since Christmas. Pathetic. [/quote]

Perhaps moving to row A might give you a better view on things.Leave predictions to those who know what they are talking about.[;)][/quote]Row D has been schooled by Ricky and LDC!

It''s all gone quiet over there! *points in the direction of Row D seat 7* [:D]

Haha oh yeah. Forgot about this thread. Haven''t read any posts above this one as I don''t think it would make for very nice reading.