Sign in to follow this  
Dave

£3.5 million - £7.7 million

With the lowest we can finish being 16th and the highest 10th there is £700k awarded per place so that can be a £4.2 million difference. Peanuts compared to the tv money next season but still half what RVW has cost so can make a difference in the budget

Well pointed out. Could be the difference when trying to get another quality player! Although with the £90 mill coming in from the new deal, it''s very exciting to see who we''ll sign this summer!

a win again st Man City it is then? :)

...well, a team lower than us managed a deserved victory against them away from their home turf so why not? Man City is obviously not a happy camp.

Definitely worth fighting for, I''d like to see us finish 12 - I think that''s very doable regardless of our result. But at least a point against Man City would be lovely!

[quote user="Dave"]With the lowest we can finish being 16th and the highest 10th there is £700k awarded per place so that can be a £4.2 million difference. Peanuts compared to the tv money next season but still half what RVW has cost so can make a difference in the budget[/quote]

I suspect most of any additional merit money will get paid out as bonuses.........

I think the figure is actually £800,000 per place in prize money - which even at £700,000 would give us £6.3m in eleventh place., not £7.7m.However the point is spot on and as Ryan Bennett said in the post match interview players will still be fighting to the end. The ''on the beach'' cliche is merely something to overexcite the terminally dim to imagine they have a grasp in a populist way of what is going on.As it is still possible for us to slip down to 17th place and so lose £4m on Sunday I doubt McNally will have told the players that it is all ok there''s no need to worry about such a ''minor'' amount of money, nor that it is still possible to move up a couple of places so we can pick up about £1.6m.Now given how both the players and coaching staff and CEO''s etc are bonused what do you think will be their reaction to an extra £5.6m income to the club this Sunday. That is how important the game is.

"The ''on the beach'' cliche is merely something to overexcite the terminally dim to imagine they have a grasp in a populist way of what is going on."

photo 37783200_zps2bc87f23.jpg

[quote user="City1st"]I think the figure is actually £800,000 per place in prize money - which even at £700,000 would give us £6.3m in eleventh place., not £7.7m.

[/quote]

He said 10th position in the OP but I think your right it is 800k per place, however the bottom team do actually receive this, so I guess its 7.2m for 11th place and 8.0m for 10th