Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Bird

Anyone have any pre-match rituals or superstitions?

I have a new City shirt that I''ve not worn before, so going to give it a whirl this afternoon! Lets hope it''s a lucky shirt!

My other half has some lucky pants that he wears if he goes to a game. They usually work. They don''t always work, however, listening to the radio at home! He''s not going today, but he did wear them listening to the Reading game but didnt listen to the Villa game due to being away, so here''s hoping!!

Anyone else got any habits, rituals, superstitions etc?

Wrapped like an Egyptian mummy in loo roll, and as then as close to kick off time as when possible with my complimentary footy program balanced on my head.....I then do the ''HAKA'' whilst stood on the lid of the solitary bog in the Cathedral Lounge toilets.....

It gives me an ultimate sense of ''well being''....although it doesn''t always work and bring the desired result.....It''s unfortunately now become a necessary habit..... [8] "KA MATE! KA MATE ME MELLO YELLO!" [8]

[quote user="Yellow Bird"]Well, my shirt worked!! OTBC[/quote]

Yes well done, I wear a Green sock on left foot and Yellow on the right foot. Park in the same place have a pint in the same pub or three and being 61 I can''t admit to any more lol

When we go through the turnstiles at the River End I always take the left hand of the two staircases to the upper tier. Yesterday, John and Adele who sit with is couldn’t go so we took a couple of the grandchildren. They walked towards the right hand staircases but just as they were about to go up the “wrong” staircase I called out to them to come back. It must have worked as we won.

Nothing for me, but if things were based on yesterday it would be very expensive next season as I''d have to have a tour of the ground, a meal in the Top of the Terrace and a presentation on the pitch at halftime!

To be honest, I think I deserve the credit for the victory yesterday.

My ''Johnson 4'' shirt. Its done the business again!

4 wins from 4.

I met a friend and her mum on the stairs at the ground yesterday and a bird had just pooped on her mums head! I think she needs to stand outside in the same place every home game!!

Program seller - Have changed from Ginger seller, to female seller, yesterday bought from outside Carrow Road for the first time.Shirt - I gave my "lucky" shirt to my cousin after she enjoyed comming with me to a game, now require a photo of her wearing the shirt before Kick offFood - Ranges, will always buy exactly the same pre match food as I did for the last game. Ie next game I will be eating, Pie, Chips, CokeDriving - Only ever drove to the Villa game, never driving againPrediction - Last time I predicted a score I said 4-1 Norwich, we lost 7-1 to Colchester, never againTurnstyle - Always use the left hand closest the ticket office of the Jarold, went through a period of using the one on the right but went through a string of lossesIts silly really, but thats a list of my various superstitions !