Sign in to follow this  
6088m canary

So who will play off RvW?

First off, cracking result and performance yesterday!!Pretty sure most people who were heading to the game probably wouldn''t have seen the Watford match.I''m sure he has been mentioned on here before, and yes i know he is on loan from Udinese only..............but......................If Watford do get beaten in the playoff final (if they go up then no chance), i would love us to seriously go after Vydra.Younger than Hoolahan, faster, better shot, great vision, immense technique......If we are to progress as a side then all parts of the side need improvement.  I am a huge Wes fan and thought he was superb yesterday. However if we are trying to play with one just behind a lone striker then he needs to produce a lot more.  For all his movement, linking of play and vision, he should score a fair few more.  Having said that if he starts unleashing shots like yesterday''s effort then we can forget all about it!Of course perhaps it will be RvW playing off Holt?

Vydra is probably worth a shot should Watford not go up.

Don''t know if Udinese ever plan on using him themselves, but even if he''s in their future plans he probably wouldn''t cost ''too much''. (Although of course I have no idea what too much is...)

If Hughton wants to play an AM, we definitely need someone. Hoolahan is still a very useful player, but suffers from complacency and fitness issues (often looks completely shattered after the 80 min mark if he makes it that far. Needs some proper competition. Its what Butterfield should have been. Maybe still could be.

Thought about Vydra this morning.

Weirdly in one of my FM games with another team, Norwich have become quite the force, regularly getting around 6th spot and their star player?

Vydra

Does anyone remember our last Czech striker, mighty Dave Stihavka?

Vydra does look a good prospect, and already spent a season in England so should fit in well, not sure why we have to wait for Watford not to get promoted though, as surely even with this tie up it would be down to Norwich to sort out a deal with his parent club, not rely on Watford being up or not.

Good shout for a good young affodable player though.

Vydra plays for Fiorentina. He''s young and excellent. If we''re willing to part with 10m+ then yes its a go-er

He cost Udinese 3.5 million Euro (100M CZK). Not really featured for them and would be around the same price to buy on no doubt. Considering people are talking about Rhodes at 8 million pounds then anything around 5 million looks like a steel, but that''s if they would sell!

I think if Watford came up, he''d choose them over us. Maybe if a top 6 club came in, he''d go there, but i reckon he''s quite settled at Watford with Zola and the fans etc. Why gamble away that if they are in the premiership too?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I think if Watford came up, he''d choose them over us. Maybe if a top 6 club came in, he''d go there, but i reckon he''s quite settled at Watford with Zola and the fans etc. Why gamble away that if they are in the premiership too?[/quote]

I can see that as a viable option, but surely IF a third season permiership team, with RVW as you''re strike partner, asked if you want to play in front of 27,000 fans you might seriously think it a better offer than a club which might well struggle to stay up this year.

But heck we''re not even considering Vydra as far as we all know, so pure speculation, but we must stop thinking of our club not being an attractive proposition for the likes of Vydra, far better option than Watford.

I can see Udinese giving him a go. Di Natale is getting on abit and can''t have long left at the age of 35. They might wanna have a look at him next season.

I''d really like to see what Butterfield is capable of given a full summer to get into shape and match fitness.Came here injured on the back of an impressive season for Barnsley but has struggled to get game time and I don''t think he was used to his best when on loan.It may be that he''s simply not ready for this level, but I''d rather focus on the promising young player we signed only last season, than focus on bringing in a completely different promising young player who''d cost even more to acquire...

Vydra will not be going anywhere. It''s already been pointed out by many Watford fans online apparently, but the Pozzi family who own Watford AND Udinese (where Vydra is from) will not sell him to any other club. They will sell him to Watford if they have to, but will keep him at one or the other. The family has assured Watford fans apparently that he''s their player essentially and no matter what the bid they won''t sell him

Anyone else think Graham Zusi of Kei Kamara''s Sporting KC is worth a punt for that creative midfield role, He is generally thought over there as one of the best passers of the ball in the US national team and the MLS.

Surely at a price of now more than £2m he wouldn''t be much of a risk and to add to that the increased publicity we would get over there if he was in our side.

[quote user="Renskay"]Anyone else think Graham Zusi of Kei Kamara''s Sporting KC is worth a punt for that creative midfield role, He is generally thought over there as one of the best passers of the ball in the US national team and the MLS.

Surely at a price of now more than £2m he wouldn''t be much of a risk and to add to that the increased publicity we would get over there if he was in our side.[/quote]

Isn''t Fox one of those?