Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

If Green Stays......

[quote]1st Wiz - you are sounding like one of the terrace moaners who takes every opportunity to slag off the manager and players. We have been praised all season for our loyal fans - why not join them?[/quote]

Now try reading my posts properly, Dicky, you may start to understand what I said!.

I''m stumped, I really am!.  v

[quote]Big A: OK, lets talk about football, yes?. Just where did I say I hate Greeno?, produce the evidence or apologise!. Its true, I may not rate him as high as some folks do, but, I have said recently...[/quote]

Telling anyone to quote "SOD OFF" is showing hostility and hatrid. I don''t honestly think i need to show evidence of you saying that but if you insist i point you to the [b]THREE[/b] threads i outlined in my previous post.

I totally agree with your stance on Francis. I too think he was our player of the season up until March.

I am puzzled by your description of ''Norwich Heroes'' To me a Norwich Hero is Bryan Gunn, Jeremy Goss et al (I''m 23). Not the Likes of Safri and Helveg who have played for NCFC for 10 months, and especially not when you cast aside names like Craig Fleming who played his 300th game for us last season and has been a regular for as long as i can remember, just because a player grows old and becomes slower it doesn''t mean they haven''t earned their status already.

As far as Heroic goalkeepers go in the history of NCFC i would certanly put Robert Green up there, How many other England international Goalkeepers have we fielded?!

You seem to only consider the ''flair'' players. Maybe Chelsea would be a more suitable team for you to support. They are good at showing no respect to young English Players with bags of potential.

With regard to Nigel Worthington...i don''t think you should like him, in fact i don''t care if you like him. I''m just perplexed by the reasons behind it. I have never heard of the inept tactical knowledge excuse until this season which, to be fair, was accurate at times, but you seem to forget how he overnight turned our team from a struggling mid-table team into a consistant promotion/playoff contender for three seasons before finally achieving his/our goal. Sure people have good luck, by 3 seasons worth, Come on!?! Worthington is a class manager and certainly more capable than the other potential manager at the time. Dave Jones!

Worthy has done more work to get the board spending money and looking optimistically at the transfer market than any manager i can remember and his buys have been, on the whole, a success. A few bad substitutions against premiership opposition does not erase the good work he has done for this club.

I''m sure if we had Sacked him in January and appointed Brian Robson you would have been the first person on here posting 15 threads bemoaning him and the board. Yes?

1st Wizard - I was talking about getting behind your team, as loyal supporters do, not slag the man at the helm off for taking the club forward leaps and bounds since he has been here.

[quote]1st Wizard - I was talking about getting behind your team, as loyal supporters do, not slag the man at the helm off for taking the club forward leaps and bounds since he has been here.[/quote]

Oh, stunted dwarfs!.

I always, bloody always, until my recent damn heart attack that is, got behind my team at FCR, even bloody useless Nigel, Dicky!.

Can you and others grasp, that I don''t boo or taunt the City players or the manager at games either!. Yes, I do cheer and sing a lot, taunt the away supporters, before you ask.

But, I have a right to say things (I  BELIEVE IN) once the match is over.

Until you, and others, can grasp that simple concept, then I see no point in continuing the arguement, which, by the way, should be about Greeno, and not this personal point scoring against fellow posters, you seem to indulge in.

Help, the worlds gone mad!.        

[quote]Telling anyone to quote "SOD OFF" is showing hostility and hatrid. I don''t honestly think i need to show evidence of you saying that but if you insist i point you to the [b]THREE[/b] threads i outline...[/quote]

Fair point Big A.

I omitted the word  ''current'' in describing my city heroes, oops!.

Maybe you''re correct about the flair player thing, but my other hero Iwan Roberts, couldn''t be described as having flair, but as I didn''t mention him, your theory could still be sound.

Fleming and Holt, have never impressed me that much, even if they have given good service, Longevity, doesn''t always mean class!.

And as for NW, well I''m not repeating my views all over again, but of course, I still stand by what I said earlier!.       

Crikey! Testosterone overload on this thread now! Let''s all take a chill pill and enjoy the summer? Nine days until the fixtures come out, then we can have a nice discussion again.

Just to add my bit to this thread which was originally about Greeno.

He will not be going anywhere, the club have had no enquiries/phone calls about him, it''s all idle newspaper talk and speculation, to fill out what is normally a quiet period in the papers.

[quote]Crikey! Testosterone overload on this thread now! Let''s all take a chill pill and enjoy the summer? Nine days until the fixtures come out, then we can have a nice discussion again. Just to add my bit...[/quote]

Good sound advice Meeky.

But what bloody summer! my friend.       

[quote]Up until the last few weeks of the season, Francis was in the running for the ''player of the season'' award, yes?. Players can and do lose form, but a lot of so called fans, say he''s not trying, hmm?. ...[/quote]

Point taken. Stick with him he will take us back up. My money is definately on us!