Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

If Green Stays......

If Helveg wanted to go back to Denmark so much then why did he sign a two year contract at Norwich? I don''t agree that he''s given his all in a Norwich shirt because he''s been grumbling all season about wanting to leave and that he''s not happy. His performances have also been poor!

[quote]If Helveg wanted to go back to Denmark so much then why did he sign a two year contract at Norwich? I don''t agree that he''s given his all in a Norwich shirt because he''s been grumbling all season abou...[/quote]

Grumbling all season? Wrong.

Performances poor? Wrong.

Nothing more to be said on that. Helveg is a class above; if you haven''t seen him in training I suggest you do so. Super pro.

[quote]Go on, admit it, you just love my rubbish posts Campbell. But you are right about the sunshine matey.[/quote]

One of the features of this Forum, in my opinion Wiz, is Campbell''s responses to your posts , you seem to bring out the best, or even the beast, in him.

Long may it continue.

[quote]One of the features of this Forum, in my opinion Wiz, is Campbell''s responses to your posts , you seem to bring out the best, or even the beast, in him. Long may it continue.[/quote]

All part of the service Jim. 

Utter nonsense!

I know this mirrors a few other posts but all Green has done has been honest, probably a bit too honest and if anything I think he should be contragulated for it.

[quote]You could look at it from the other side of things: Who would we have SOLD if we stayed up? Would the club have been loyal to Brennan? Holt? Fleming? Svensson? McVeigh? Things change in football ve...[/quote]

Each to their own opinion ..  Greeno signed that contract  [ no doubt prompted by his agent ] when everything looked rosy , we were in the prem !   if I recall correctly that was a period when most of us  couldn`t really believe that relegation at the end of the season  might be possible !!   there`s no doubt that Greeno  signed up  in the same mood of optimism ,  this , sort of. dispels the idea that he signed  for some loyal  reason , nearly every player , along with their parasite agents , will jockey  to  make as much money as possible  ..... where it all goes tits-up  is when this [ understandable ] object   is not matched by[ DARE I SAY IT ? ] talent !!!    obviously  this thought applies to many players  , who talk big , and play crap ... we have our fair share of those !   but this thread is about Greeno ,  AND  Greeno  [ whichever way you cut it ]  blotted his copybook ,bigtime ,  last season , 78 let ins ...  heard all the excuses , tried to believe that it was all the fault of a crap defence etc ,  but, all through the season , I`ve watched Greeno  fumble shots  that , clearly ! , should have been held !!  I`m not talking  100 mph shots  through a crowd of defenders  here , I`m talking about shots  which , literally , slipped through his hands !!   and letting in 6 against Fulham   would have just put the the last nail in the coffin  , as a mooted England player he would have been closely watched by scouts  from many clubs , surprise surprpise ,  no offers !  scouts aren`t fools  .......

If he hadn''t signed a new contract, he could have walked away and named his own price, (to a degree anyway), at least if he goes now the club will get some money, if he stays then that''s great as well.  I know he let in 78 goals last season but how many times was he beaten by unstoppable long-range efforts (Lampard, Cole, Gamst Pederson) and how many times was he left exposed by our defence?  No-one was slagging him off during the season were they, it was all Fleming this, Doc that and we were all grateful for the heroics of our keeper,(remember Spurs anyone?).  He only said he MAY have to move to cement an England place for the World Cup, not that he WANTS to go, or is unhappy here, you can''t fault a player for honesty but some people are so narrow minded they can''t see the big picture. 

As regards scouts being fools, why is he in the England squad then?

I can''t believe this thread is still going on. And I can''t believe people are still slagging off Green! His shot - to - save ratio last season was better than half the other Premiership keepers, including Van de Sar who is off to Manchester UTD. He saved more shots than any other Premiership keeper last season. OPTA stats.

People should stop making opnions based on rubbish written in the silly season by the press. Green has now said he hasn''t spoken to anyone in the press for 3 weeks, in the article on canaries.co.uk he says "There''s a lot been written and not a lot of it true. You shouldn''t believe everything you read in the papers". Sound advice!

And people should expecially stop trying to mind read what players were thinking months ago, just to try and justify their own opinions. Base your opinions on fact not twisted supposition. We were never higher than 17th last season, so relegation was always a very real possibility.

At the end of the day Green is not the finished article but he is a damn fine keeper who is deservedly in the England squad  - without a doubt he is better than Kirkland, Carson,Wright or any other wannabe keeper, James has the edge on experience and consistency and Robinson is currently england no 1.

Having said that if we were a prem club there is no other keeper I would want more than greeno - the exposure he faced last year is evidenced byt he sheer volume of saves he had to make last year (170 I think) which was far ahead of any other prem keeper and his save ratio was sound too.  Put against 77 goals conceeded behind an absent yet ever present flem and he did nothave a bad season at all - sure his confidence saggedhalf way through but I challenge even cech (overrated) or robinson not to have suffered in the same circumstances.    

If I was manure I thnk van der saar is the keeper they should have signed in Jan, Ar$e or villa are the only clubs that would merit or need greeno.

OTBC

Weston..   " unstoppables " are a rare event in any  keepers  career  thats why you remember to quote  the players who could be said to have  done this .. !    as to this , much quoted , ratio of saves  to let-ins ,  like all stats   it means  crop  all !  like .. how many of the " saves " were powder puff shots ?  how many " saves "  could have been  held  by my ten year old ?

I like to think I can see the " big picture "   as you put it ,  and part of the big picture  is that   [ and this IS a fact! ]  interest by the big clubs  , and not so big  clubs HAS dried up , you tell ME why !! ?

Putney   ,  Greeno  signed a 3 yr contract  on 30th June 04 , correct me if I`m wrong  here , but  that WOULD be well before our prem season started  !  ergo , Greeno would have signed that contract  with absolutely no knowledge   of how the forthcoming season  would pan out !!!  both he , and his agent , would have had  no reason to suspect  that relegation  was any more than a remote possibility ... thats how I read the situation  .

As to Greeno  being  a full England  keeper ...  one friendly against Sweden  in Mar 04  , didn`t play , and another  friendly  against Columbia , played in the last half , let one in ,   crikey !  it doesn`t look very much like Sven is all that impressed !!!!

[quote]I can''t believe this thread is still going on. And I can''t believe people are still slagging off Green! His shot - to - save ratio last season was better than half the other Premiership keepers, inclu...[/quote]

I''ll say this Putney Canary.

If it all turns out, that Green''s been misquoted, or that the stories have been made up about his quotes, then I, yes I, will be the first one on here apologising to him, and happy and relieved to be doing so!.

But on the other hand, if, as some of the other posters have suggested, he''s only staying here until a better offer comes along, then I say again ''sod off now''.

He could however, if he wished, end all this damn speculation now. How?, by giving an exclusive interview with the Pink Un today. 

Then we could all go away and worry about something else!. 

[quote]I''ll say this Putney Canary. If it all turns out, that Green''s been misquoted, or that the stories have been made up about his quotes, then I, yes I, will be the first one on here apologising to him...[/quote]

It''s a shame you continually miss the important issues, but let me break it down for you:

Robert Green is too good for Norwich City at this moment in time. He deserves to be playing Premiership football, and we cannot give him that. Quite rightly, Green would like to play Premiership football. It''s the best league in the world; who wouldn''t want to use that league as a showcase for their talents.

You cannot begrudge a player wanting to prove he is the best of his nationality in the world, and to do that he needs Premiership football.

Whatever you think Green should do, he''s bound to get stick from supporters like you. If he comes out and says he''s staying with the club, wants to help us get promoted etc. all is well and good, right?

However, 5 days later, Arsenal come in and say they want him...what does Green do? Play Championship football...or Champions League football? Obviously, he''d join Arsenal...what sane person wouldn''t in his situation. Idiots like you jump on him for being disloyal and a disgrace for going back on his word. Supporters with half a brain would hopefully understand the situation, realise we''re getting a good sum of money and wish Green all the best for the future, especially as we helped nurture him in to the ''keeper he is today.

On the other hand, he could come out and say: "Yes, I want to play in the Premiership, therefore I need a move to cement my place in the England squad" but then idiots like you would jump on him for being arrogant, bigheaded and ''forgetting where he come from'' telling him to ''sod off'' or whatever other puerile statements you wish to make.

If you have a narrow minded view, you end up looking like an idiot, it''s that simple.

I really cannot understand the constant Worthington-bashing, the attacks on certain players (Who can forget the awful Gary Holt comments) and the baffling opinions on things you clearly know nothing about.

It is quite amusing though however, so whilst I''m not telling you to stop posting this drivel, I''m hopefull trying to get you to open your mind and stop being...an idiot

[quote]It''s a shame you continually miss the important issues, but let me break it down for you: Robert Green is too good for Norwich City at this moment in time. He deserves to be playing Premiership footb...[/quote]

What a typically biased attack towards me and the usual insulting hogwash from Campbell.

Now other posters have started to notice your little childish replies in my direction.

In fact, yawn! sums up your replies to me quite nicely.

And all because you believed in my magical powers for real, and how that belief, made you a laughing stock on here once before.

Sour grapes and loopy or what.  

[quote]An eloquent and spot on reply, Campbell.[/quote]

As Campbell, is the only poster, who is so insulting in his replies to me (I''m an idiot now, according to him!) can I assume that you too, advocate that kind of behaviour on here as well Dicky?.  

1st Wizard - I think Campbell spoke sense in his general comments.  Don''t know if you are an idiot or not!

[quote]What a typically biased attack towards me and the usual insulting hogwash from Campbell. Now other posters have started to notice your little childish replies in my direction. In fact, yawn! sums ...[/quote]

Am I seriously being labelled ''childish'' by somebody who pretends to be a Wizard on an internet messageboard? Brilliant

My original point still stands, clear for all to see. Most people see the difference between logical and well thought out opinions...and then what you tend to post: Drivel.

As I said in my post, it''s all rather amusing

[quote]1st Wizard - I think Campbell spoke sense in his general comments. Don''t know if you are an idiot or not![/quote]

Fair enough Dicky. I may have jumped in a bit quick, sorry mate.

But while I''m here, I believe that there''s a bigger issue going on here, and this concerns all posters, even me!.

Just because a poster holds a different point of view, it doesn''t make them a fool, plonker and yes, an idiot!.

If you really believe that YOUR view, is more valid then anyone else''s on here, and that they must be a idiot, or some other insult, if they don''t agree with your argument, then that clearly demonstrates just what an arrogant person you really are!.

My solution to this is very simple: These posters who sling personal abuse my way, will now be turned into ''Holes in the World'', which simply means, I can''t see their posts, so ergo, I will ignore them!.

Everybody has the ability to do this sort of magic, give it a go!.

Lively debate is the life force of these boards, personal insults are not!.

Argument with me is great, I bloody love it. But name calling is childish, knock it off posters, please!.

You know it makes sense.   

Great stuff.  I sometimes wonder what ''some'' people are on that write on messageboards.  Greeno is ''one'' of the three best keepers in the country.  He loves the club and the county of Norfolk, has a lovely local girl and plays local cricket.  He has never been anti club in local or national press.  Give me the proof, please.  I hope Greeno will stay.  For some people to suggest selling him or worse still dropping him is just stupid. Of course Robert wants to play in the Premiership but unlike some at Fulham, I personally feel it is Norwich he would prefer to play with.  At the end of the day it is the board that will cash in on their major asset - though of course they will say it was Greeno choice to leave, if he does go.  

[quote]Fair enough Dicky . I may have jumped in a bit quick, sorry mate. But while I''m here, I believe that there''s a bigger issue going on here, and this concerns all posters, even me!. Just because a p...[/quote]

So its OK for you to attack players for no apparent reason or logic knowing they can''t defend themelves but the second someone disagrees with your point of view they are ''attacking'' you. You can''t have it both ways. I''m sure you''ve been called far worse so don''t get on your high horse the second someone decides to call you an idiot, it just looks like you are trying to deflect the attention away from the fact you are losing the argument.

I honestly think you troll these forums looking for an argument and your final comment seems to strengthen those views.

I don''t know you so i can only base my opinion on the content of your posts but to me Campbells summery seems spot on.

how many threads can Wiz start on the same boring subject. You seem to have a pessimistic view of everything attached to the club and your posts are getting tedious.

It is indeed true that he only posts to get a reaction,"lets say something stupid that people will disagree with so that i can spend the whole day defending myself" STOP, you constantly bemoan people who start rumours of transfers etc. but this is no different

WE GET THE PICTURE......... ANYONE WHO DOESN''T WANT TO PLAY FOR NCFC CAN SOD OFF, you don''t need to start a new thread every bloody day!!! There is however one fatal flaw in your long drawn out vendeta, neither Ashton, Francis, Green nor any other of our team has publicly stated they want to leave. You pessimism merely leads you to construct that story in your own mind.

I can''t beleive you would turn against a player that has given us 3-4 seasons of TOP QUALITY service just because he wants to leave and further his career, thats very sad indeed.

[quote]It''s a shame you continually miss the important issues, but let me break it down for you: Robert Green is too good for Norwich City at this moment in time. He deserves to be playing Premiership footb...[/quote]

Do you really believe that Green is too good for us?? and

What has he done to deserve Prem football??

[quote]So its OK for you to attack players for no apparent reason or logic knowing they can''t defend themelves but the second someone disagrees with your point of view they are ''attacking'' you. You can''t hav...[/quote]

Can you read Big A?.

I clearly said INSULTS, and not as you think I said, disagree. In fact, I just love posters like you, who do disagree with me.

I was going on about insulting me, there is a world of difference between that and disagreeing with me you know!.

Yes, of course I''ve been called far worse, but again you miss my point. These boards are for our pleasure, that does not include being insulted on here my friend!.

Although that wouldn''t drive me away, no bloody chance mate, it might do if it was directed at some unfortunate new poster!, answer that one if you can?.

People who resort to insults, in my experience, are the ones who are really losing the arguement anyway, and it might come as a shock to you, but some people actually do agree with me, are they idiots too?.

Please take the time to read my posts properly next time!.

Well .. it should go without saying Campbell , that  resorting  to personal abuse is contrary to most  message board guidelines !   maybe not so much on this one   though ?  anyway  , if we have to be vetted by you  on whether our posts are " logical " and " make sense "  then you make yourself the unofficial moderater !! and about as welcome as a burning coffin at a wedding ...  this IS a football forum  , not  a meeting of  dons at a university !!!   if Wiz wants to be a wizard  , I`ll spell this out for you , its just a bit of fun .... compre ?   

You say that Greeno is "too good for Norwich ", and that he "deserves to play in the prem "      well   he WAS playing in the prem last season  !  and he blew it .. big time !!     he played a blinder in the championship  , but , by NO stretch of the imagination , can he  claim  to be a viable  keeper  in the prem !  and that seems to be the opinion of ALL  prem clubs  so far , as for the Arsenal reference  ... you really think old misery guts  would  need more than a few seconds to ponder  on whether he needs a keeper who let in 78 goals ?   toooo risky  !!!

i doubt that Big A and Campbell are the only posters tired of your repetitive posts. It seems that because of your prolific post count that you feel that you can dominate this board - and patronise its posters...........my friend !

It seems that when your routine twaddle peters out you merely try to rekindle the debate with another dose of the same.

Do us a favour 1St Wiz. and take the advice you have given to Robert Green !! You may have over 1000 posts but its quality not quantity that counts.

[quote]Can you read Big A?. I clearly said INSULTS, and not as you think I said, disagree. In fact, I just love posters like you, who do disagree with me. I was going on about insulting me , there is a...[/quote]

Once again you have chosen not to dignify my questions with a response. I also question whether you have read MY posts. One person has called you an idiot and straight away you have jumped on it which i can only assume was the sole purpose of this thread and others like it. People have raised some interesting issues in this thread whether it be disagreeing with you personally or the opinions you have shared, all of that has been overlooked for the seemingly more important matter of ''The 1st Wizard Show'' I would also like to remind you that it wasn''t me who directed the ''insult'' at you.

You have clearly questioned the hard work and dedication of our manager, star goalkeeper.....infact nearly everyone/thing associated with the club. If its not Worthy and the Board its our best players. I personally think it shows a total lack of respect for the service these people have given you/ us as fans. I''m sure your retort to that would be ''we pay their wages'' so what! I pay the wages of the shelf stackers at Tesco, it doesn''t mean i can question their loyalty, and insult their integrity so publicly.

Of course people agree with you, that doesn''t mean they are idiots, neither does it mean you are an idiot.

I am still interested in why you feel the need to post so many new threads on the same subject?

If Green Stays......
A Simple Message To All Players.
Green hints at going!!.

And the number of threads which are a variation on the ''worthy bashing'' theme are laughable. We know your thoughts on both Worthy, the Board and any player who wants to leave so i think we are pretty much covered until the new season starts.

I''ll support any player/staff/ employee associated with NCFC whilst they wear the shirt. After that i don''t really care (although i like to monitor progress) but i certainly would not lower myself to insult the skill and professionalism of a player simply because Sky Sports and the EDP has published a story where at no point did Green say he wanted to leave. All Green said was that England Goalkeepers are rarely seen playing outside of the premiership which is TOTALLY true.

I would be very interested in knowing the real reasons behind your apparent hatrid for Green? Why target him inparticular? there are plenty of other players who have given less to the success of the club in the last 3 years and that still earn a decent wage from the club. I could write a list but i won''t as i believe it is disrespectful and would be leading this thread away from its course.

[quote]Once again you have chosen not to dignify my questions with a response. I also question whether you have read MY posts. One person has called you an idiot and straight away you have jumped on it which...[/quote]

Big A:

OK, lets talk about football, yes?.

Just where did I say I hate Greeno?, produce the evidence or apologise!.

Its true, I may not rate him as high as some folks do, but, I have said recently that IF he stays, then I would be delighted.

I seem to be only one of a few who still want Damo to stay, because I really do rate him that highly.

Most posters are aware of my devotion to my favourite player HUCKS.

Deano, Drury, Safri (although I wasn''t sure at first) Leon, Svensson (here no longer), Jonson, and Helveg et al, are all City heroes to me. Flem and Holt aren''t. Oh yeah mate, there''s a lot of hatred with me towards City players!.   

I opposed Worthy''s appointment from the start, I think he''s tactically inept, slow to learn and bears grudges towards certain City players (Bentley and Charlton for example!!) this damages the team.

So no, I don''t like him, and I''m sure I don''t have to like him, just because I''m a City supporter, or that you think I should. No more than he, or you, have to like me, yes?.

[quote]Big A: OK, lets talk about football, yes?. Just where did I say I hate Greeno?, produce the evidence or apologise!. Its true, I may not rate him as high as some folks do, but, I have said recently...[/quote]

Just a tad suprised and confused at some of your comments you say you want someone like francis to stay.Do you like players who perform when they feel like it as francis does. Surely this does more damage to our club than anything.

And you go on to say you dont like worthy and that he is tactically inept and slow to learn so do you not think norwich have done well under him over the last few years or are you putting our achievments down to someone else if so who.

With regards to grudges held i wouldnt be suprised if bentley is not back with us for the new season and i also feel charlton will also be playing regular next year. worthys a terrific manager and one of the best seen at carrow rd for quite some time so start getting behind him.

1st Wiz - you are sounding like one of the terrace moaners who takes every opportunity to slag off the manager and players.

We have been praised all season for our loyal fans - why not join them?

[quote]Just a tad suprised and confused at some of your comments you say you want someone like francis to stay.Do you like players who perform when they feel like it as francis does. Surely this does more da...[/quote]

Up until the last few weeks of the season, Francis was in the running for the ''player of the season'' award, yes?. Players can and do lose form, but a lot of so called fans, say he''s not trying, hmm?.

IMO, NW got lucky, mainly because of Hucks, true, it was Worthy who got him here, and I have already applauded him for that. But do you think a 6 nil defeat at Fulham, a game we had to win, was acceptable?, because I bloody well don''t!.

I could highlight many other games as well, where points were thrown away because of bad substitutions.

Bentley coming back?, I prey you''re right AT.

I have already said, a few weeks ago, that when the big kick off comes, for the first 10 games he will have my total support, after that, we shall see...........

To me that seems reasonably fair, yes or no my friend?.