Sign in to follow this  
By Heck It's Fleck

97% Pass Success Rate

Bassong misplaced just one pass against West Brom on Sunday, and completed 32. His 97% success rate was the best of all players to make 15 or more passes this weekend.

from Garth Crooks Team of The Week http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22505742

I loved it mid-way through the second half when Basso surged forward to make an interception, laid it off and carried on going forward into their half looking for a return ball.

It was perhaps for the best that the move stalled and he made his way back downfield.

Also I thought BJ''s passing was excellent on Sunday, a few long and very accurate passes.

Not wanting to move away from the positives. But why on earth has he put Adebayor in the team?

Ok, i didn''t watch the game, but I saw a lot of tweets about how anonymous and pointless Adebayor was (from Spurs fans). Then he scored. It was an important goal, but Holt also scored an important goal and did more for the team than Adebayor is. And i''m sure many other strikers did.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Not wanting to move away from the positives. But why on earth has he put Adebayor in the team? Ok, i didn''t watch the game, but I saw a lot of tweets about how anonymous and pointless Adebayor was (from Spurs fans). Then he scored. It was an important goal, but Holt also scored an important goal and did more for the team than Adebayor is. And i''m sure many other strikers did.[/quote]

Because Crooks is a Tottenham fan - hence the reason you see lots of Tottenham players make it into the team.

He''s also pretty good friends with Bassong and Hughton - which is why he''s always very positive about them. Seems some media is bias towards Norwich [;)]

Some of Crooks'' selection are laughable, with the ''did you know'' sections being even more hilarious at times.Jan Vertonghens'' in particular made me smile:"Vertonghen has made 102 tackles in the Premier League this season, which is 21 more than any other Spurs player."Yes, and it''s three less than well known tackling machine Steve Sidwell has made...Ferdinand is selected not on the back of an imperious defensive display (because he didn''t have one of those), but because he scored a goal that most of us would have if it came to us.As for Adebayor - you have to be taking the f**king pi$$. He was ANONYMOUS for the entire game apart from the goal, so I can only assume that his selection was for his bizarre comments in the post match interview, where he said he preferred the Champions League to the Europa League on the grounds that they had better music...

Garth Crooks was putting forward his all-time Ferguson 11 on Football focus the other day. He started by saying "This team really picks itself"...

.... and he chose Bryan Robson at centre back :-|

Adebayor did score two goals last week which essentially kept Spurs in the champions league race. He might have done nothing for 179 minutes of those two games, but did pop up and score the two goals (the first of which, midweek, was superb) without which Spurs would have no chance of 4th. Seems a fair inclusion to me.