Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

Murphy twins

[quote user="Renskay"]They''re only 17! give them a break.[/quote]

So are the rest of em, having watched both semis & the final I''ve seen enough to know they need to improve on that part of there game, not saying anything about their talent just constructive criticism, I agree that they have time to improve

They are both good YOUNG players.

I''d really like to see one or two (possibly the twins) rewarded with a place on the bench on sinday,

[quote user="spudgfsh"]They are both good YOUNG players.

I''d really like to see one or two (possibly the twins) rewarded with a place on the bench on sinday,[/quote]

That is exactly what happens when they get it right!!!!

Stupidly exciting talents, I don''t care of they have a loose pass here or there, they have no fears.

Whole game is a credit to NCFC what a fantastic couple of days there are going to be some celebrations in a few minutes. Good luck to them what brilliant support!!!

They''ve got bags of potential, but I don''t see any of our youth players getting a look in the first team in the foreseeable future.

This is partly because of our Prem status and partly because Hughton is more of a ''pay your dues'' type of manager, more Prog rock than punk.

There is no doubt that some of the players will go on to greater things, but I can''t see it happening at Norwich.

Some very talented players, would like to see them given the pre season to push on in the first team. I think having a loan spell in the lower leagues could be handy. That said, i''d love to see some of them given a chance from the bench. You never know there might be a Raheem Sterling type player in there who takes to the prem like a duck to water.

When they finally learn all parts of the game. They will be a handful.

I think the goalkeeper Britt. Will be a star. Watch this space. Sign him up!

It''s one hell of an advantage when you have two wide men with pace. Options when on the break. Carlton King is the man though. His build and what appears a calm attitude and typical centre forward hold up play means we might just have a first team player on our hands within 12 - 18 months. Good luck to the lad

It would be nice to see one or two given a shot. 10-15 minutes at the end of a game can''t hurt, or the capital one cup?

I would seriously think twice about putting them out on loan, If they did go it would have to be to a top Championship team, maybe even Malky might like them. Yes they are not the finished article but so what, they will terrify defenders and I would be quite happy to see them given a run out on Sunday!

I know they are twins, buts amazing how they don''t have to look up to know where the other one is, ever...

If you''re going to criticise anything it would be their decision making with the final ball for me, but obviously that will improve with experience. Some of the long range passing and little touches were sublime, no it doesn''t always come off, but it doesn''t matter at this level.

But why are we criticising? Exceptional future talents who played superb tonight!

[quote user="Monty13"]If you''re going to criticise anything it would be their decision making with the final ball for me, but obviously that will improve with experience. Some of the long range passing and little touches were sublime, no it doesn''t always come off, but it doesn''t matter at this level.

But why are we criticising? Exceptional future talents who played superb tonight![/quote]

Once the decision-making is improved (which will come with maturity) they will be formidable

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]At one point in the first half, one of the Murphy twins hit a 40 or 50-yard diagonal ball right onto the chest of his brother.[/quote]
This.
They could probably pick out a cross field ball to eachother with their eyes closed.

Fantastic talents but they play like teenagers, a bit selfish in the final third and looking to do too much with it. That will hopefully pass with experience and exposure to first team football.

We were told that they are now concentrating on their defensive work, which illustrates their complete commitment to their game.

They are still raw, with pace and also control to stop and change direction quickly, and they are brave. I think that their passing could be better, but the policy of the team is "Give it to a Murphy, and let him run with it!", and perhaps this has made them fail to consider passing options. Having said this, the pin-point cross from Jacob to Joshua for the final goal was excellent, and was reminiscent of the goals they created against Everton, I think it was.

If they continue to develop, - always an unknown with promising youngsters, they should be very good players eventually. Certainly with natural pace and a willingness to practice, they seem excellent prospects.

What we have to remember is that the twins play most of their games for the Development team and have more experienced players around them. Their assists and goals tally is truly outstanding over all competitions and to judge their errors over a few televised matches (which we won) is a bit petty.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]It''s one hell of an advantage when you have two wide men with pace. Options when on the break. Carlton King is the man though. His build and what appears a calm attitude and typical centre forward hold up play means we might just have a first team player on our hands within 12 - 18 months. Good luck to the lad[/quote]i think you mean Carlton Morris Bury. agree with you, very much a very young Grant Holt, but with more pace.

Have only seen them over the four tv games.

They have massive futures in front of them, but agree decision making needs to improve and sometimes they just want s little too long on the ball.

I think if your good enough your old enough and see no reason why the front three could not be used in cup games next season to some degree.

I am confident hoots will handle them in the right way whether it be a loan or development squad with odd first team outings.

They deserve their chance