Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Hooper

Not a chance he''ll leave Celtic for QPR, although I saw the story on the BBC gossip site.  That would be footballing suicide.If he leaves Celtic it will be for a PL club to further his chances of getting in the England set up for the WC next summer.  Whether that''ll be us or not who knows.  After the club chased him so desperately in January it might be surprising if we don''t go in for him again.

He won''t go to the Championship...

Doubt our interest has disappeared completely. But I wouldn''t necessarily think he''s a top target anymore.

I''d like us to, he''d have something to offer the team and he seems like he commits himself to whereever he plays. His asking price will be the catch, after it being broadcast so much what we were(n''t) offering.

Different time. Different scenario. Methinks we now have the whip hand and can get him at a reasonable cost. Of course, Stig, you would have had us buy him in January at a ridiculous price.

[quote user="dpit"]Different time. Different scenario. Methinks we now have the whip hand and can get him at a reasonable cost. Of course, Stig, you would have had us buy him in January at a ridiculous price.[/quote]
Would I? [:^)]

Hooper looks a decent enough player and I''d be happy with him here AT THE RIGHT PRICE.That really is the key factor IMHO, if they''re looking for 8-10 mil or more, then they can take a hike and should be soundly laughed at, but a sensible price say  max of 5-6 mil, that would be ok, otherwise we should be looking to Europe for our next superstar (and in truth I''d prefer this anyway).

Well, it would be ''Ace'' if we could use that contract expiry to our ''Advantage'', it was a ''Deuce'' of a time trying to get him in Jan...

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]

[quote user="Hackedoff"]Out of contract next year so the ball would be in our court[/quote]

Are we now the NCFC tennis team?

[/quote]

Wrong sport

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Well, it would be ''Ace'' if we could use that contract expiry to our ''Advantage'', it was a ''Deuce'' of a time trying to get him in Jan...
[/quote]

....would that then be "game, set & match" for our striker options? [:$]

I was relieved when we didn''t sign him in January - any half decent striker could be a success in Celtic''s squad given the lack of real opposition they play against.

However, for the amount of silly money quoted, I think there are likely to be far more exiting european gems out there.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Just pleased Kamara is off the radar now.[/quote]Kamara didn''t sign because the club didn''t know what league they were going to be in.

Kamara didn''t sign because he was only ok. Not someone with the extra quality we need.

[quote user="Herman "]Kamara didn''t sign because he was only ok. Not someone with the extra quality we need.[/quote]My point exactly, we need a step up in class not someone that doesnt really stand out against what we already have! Hooper I think is an educated gamble, he cut it in the Championship and has been scoring for fun in the SPL. Natural progression would be him doing well in the Premire league, and just to defend him against the whole ''he''s from the SPL so he''s crap brigade'', Holt was in league 2 not so long ago and scored for fun last season and look at Ricky Lambert this year, both ''lower league players'' showing that it can be irrelevant where you came from!

He may be worth a punt but as others have said, if Celtic try it on price wise, tell them to sod off.

I think he''d be a good edition to the squad and would really round out our striking options, allowing us to focus on other areas that need strengthening. I echo the thoughts of man that for the right price (say around 5 million) he''d be a good edition but I can''t see him as being worth much more than that with only a year left on his contract.

i''d be quite happy to bypass him and go for a better, and probably cheaper, European option. we are not in the position where we need to gamble on a player whose credentials have not be tested at a decent level.