Sign in to follow this  
Chunky Norwich

Mancini sacked

Blast - you beat me to it!!!Easier - the players would have been looking for a reaction to save face for their manager - now they couldn''t give a toss!

Hard to tell.

Who is going to be in charge?

They''ve had a very bad week and professional pride will be at stake. They also have some extraordinary talent that you underestimate at you peril.

However, if we get some luck, take our chances and play it sensible - you can''t really go all out against this lot because they''ll hurt you, regardless of the situation - a good result is very possible.

Nonetheless, we should not, as fans, expect a famous victory. No predictions, no pressure. Lets just take it as it comes.

What impact this will have on a bunch of players who didn''t look like they could motivate themselves for the FA cup final is hard to say. Some might want to prove themselves to the new manager, some may have already signed to move elsewhere and so will not want to risk injury.Just rip into them and then see what impact a team who desperately wants to win has on them.

"see what impact a team who desperately wants to win has on them."

Why are we desperate to win out of interest?

After weeks of anxiety for us Norwich supporters its been two fantastic days. Let''s thoroughly enjoy it.

We now have s great chance to get a result at citeh. Why should we go for it - because despite the last few months of disappointing results we still have the chance of s highly respectable finish in the table.

Which apart from pride could mean millions for the transfer kitty.

A good incentive on Sunday would be for any extra ''place monies'' to be shared equally between all the City players on the books, also be a good reward for the young lads who did great down at chelsea tonight.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Norwich are 13/2 to win.

I''m gonna stick £10 on that

[/quote]

8.6/1 on Betfair (£47 currently available to match)

Sorry BW''s Cat but I don''t think we are or will be, and in which case, with the pressure off, are actually more likely to get something from the game.

The players will finally be playing without the desperation for a win, we may turn up and be "on the beach" or we may turn up and play with freedom of knowing we are safe, but I can''t see us turning up "desperate for a win". There''s a difference between trying to win a game and being desperate to.

Still a very tough game. If you look at the fa cup final stats, they still had the majority of possession and chances. I know they didn''t pay that well but there has been a real over reaction and on another day, one of the chances they had would have gone in and they''d have won. We will need to be very clinical and have a go and hope we get the rub of the green as Wigan did.

This must help us, they''ll be mentally ''off on the beach'' now spending their millions on blond haired tarts etc.

I''m actually surprised it took them this long tbh, and it makes that 5 year deal given last season seem VERY silly and wasteful.Mancini has often managed to make a team full of world class players look very average, and any manager that would rather play a badly fading Gareth Barry over options like Nasri, Silva and Garcia needs their head examining, not to mention the shocking treatment of Dzeko whilst giving Balotelli chance after chance despite being a nutcase...He should arguably have gone after the whole Tevez disaster (not saying Tevez is innocent or acted correctly either), but my feeling is that a better manager would have dealt with the issues in a stronger and less destructive way.Odds are that Pellegrini will take the job when they make an approach, but I guess we''ll have to wait and see...

Actually I think the main issue at Man City has been a bit like the issues at QPR.

I think you have some players that threaten to leave every now and then, like Tevez, just to get themselves a new bumper deal.

But then you also have the likes of Milner who want to work hard and play football.

Not all of this is Mancini''s fault.

As for our game against them? It very much depends. I sort of wonder if once they knew they were not going to catch Man Utd, some of them have taken a step back, almost deliberately. I don''t think Mancini was overly popular with the playing staff.

It will be interesting as you''d expect players that want to stay and impress any incoming manager to give a strong game. I suppose you could also argue that some that want out may not. Or that none of them really give a damn and they will just whimper over the line.

Who knows. It will depend a lot on who comes in for the last game. Is it likely to be Platt?