Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Carlton Morris...outstanding!

Just watching the youth game and the commentators are raving about Morris. He is so strong, direct, holds the ball up so well and only 17.....now that we are safe...a place on the bench for Saturday against city?. Got high hopes for him!

Looks like Carl cort and plays like him too who I think actually had a fairly decent loan spell at us. V promising but so unlucky with injuries, as so many English strikers are. Hopefully Morris can progress without the injuries.

I don''t think he looks anything Like Carl Cort. No disrespect to him but Carlton is less rangy and a lot stockier. Probably a lot quicker too.

Been the stand out player in every youth cup game i have seen this season 6 in total. First touch is exemplary

He''s a young Grant Holt surely. The penalty was Holtian. And playing through the pain barrier after being stamped....

His stamina is amazing - he seems to be everywhere. His ball control and ability to resist physical tackles make him very mature for his age.

What we haven''t seen is his shooting ability - his goals were largely tap-ins, but he was in position! His heading at goal was perhaps the only disappointing feature, but he can put this right. Above all, he is ready to learn (-from Holt, and doubtless from others.)

[quote user="Herman "]He''s a young Grant Holt surely. The penalty was Holtian. And playing through the pain barrier after being stamped....[/quote]

That was a pretty grim tackle from the Chelsea lad and Morris was clearly hurt after that, he will be a bitt sore this morning. It''s great that Holty has taken the time to work with him, has a very similar stature and style of play, great prospect.

Im sure we all worry of the time when Holt does eventually leave us, by which point Morris will be 20... nice to think we could have a replacement. Needs holt to give him some lessons on winding up the defenders, but what promise!

I thought he looked an excellent prospect, reminded me of James Vaughan a little.

i am not sure if a couple of posters here know who Carlton Morris is, they seem to believe that he took the penalty, but that was Cameron McGeehan folks.

I think they do Star. The comments were that he was Holtonian in the manner of gaining the penalty.

TV commentator (Clarke Carlisle?) was raving about Morris. His attitude appears spot on level headed but I wouldn''t want to mark him!. What a prospect

"Bury Yellow"I think they do Star. The comments were that he was Holtonian in the manner of gaining the penalty.

TV commentator (Clarke Carlisle?) was raving about Morris. His attitude appears spot on level headed but I wouldn''t want to mark him!. What a prospect

Cheers bury. I didn''t make it too clear what I meant.

It was the way he made it look like a clear penalty....