Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

junior hoilett

Was meant to be the next big thing with Bayern Munich of all people sniffing around last summer. 1 dodgy season with qpr but I don''t think he''s become a bad player. Maybe we could get a bid in? Loads of pace and goals to his game and still young. A year with a more settled team could do him the world of good and if it paid off, we''d have a £20m player on our hands.

Not my cup of tea would steer well clear of any QPR player to be honest all went there for the benefit of their wallet rather than progressing their careers.

Doubt we could afford the wage demands, I dont doubt the skill but there was a weird attitude throughout that QPR team and id hate for us to sign someone disruptive

To be fair, the defence were qprs undoing. Hoilett probably thought he was joining an ambitious, upwardly mobile club. He doesn''t seem the type to have a bad attitude.

Not sure i would have Townsend either after his loan spell with them down the road. I think we will be looking for a more mature player than one with potential in this transfer window.

Disagree. QPR was a messed up place- good players struggled. Add one or two to a happy club and they will shine once more. Some gems there...risk is minimal

I also don''t get why people think Hoilett has a bad attitude or has apparently become a bad player overnight because QPR have gone down.The guy is a very good player who would offer genuine competition on our wings, and if the transfer fee and wages were right, then I''d sign him up tomorrow!

He has only one trick - cut in from the left and shoot with his right foot. This is an exaggeration,  but that''s the way he scores his goals, and they are impressive.

Other teams soon saw how to counter this, by marking him to his right, and thus forcing him to go down the wing. It''s possible he could develop his crossing like an orthodox winger, but for the moment I don''t think that he answers our needs.

Hoilett has good close control, is quick without being lightning fast, can certainly strike a ball well and has good versatility in his roles if needed.He''d definitely give Pilks a challenge for the spot on the left, whilst also putting pressure on Snoddy and to a lesser extent Wes and the forward line.At the right price, it''s a no-brainer for me, but therein will be the problem, what will QPR want for a fee and how much will he ask in wages?

It''s going to be tough for the QPR players to match their existing wages anywhere else they may go, most of them have looked like they don''t give a toss this season while readily accepting big cheques every month, how much commitment would they give to a new club while at the same time taking a big cut in their wages?

I''m always a little bit wary of players who suffer relegation two seasons in a row who have been singled out as good players.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]I''m always a little bit wary of players who suffer relegation two seasons in a row who have been singled out as good players.[/quote]I can understand being wary to some degree, but you have to ask how much impact the individual players had on the relegations?Hoilett was arguably Blackburn''s best player when they went down, he signed for QPR thinking they''d spent big and bring in real quality (not dross like Andy Johnson and Park Ji-Sung who were both past it), but they obviously didn''t.In many ways I think Hoilett has been a lot like Holt this season, in that he''s being asked to play differently than really suits, in a team that''s lacked an awful lot of cohesion for large swathes of the season, and their strike force has been pretty poor making even good passes/crosses somewhat irrelevant.He''s obviously not the next Messi, but he''s got some real quality in there, and with good coaching and competition he can be made to shine again.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]I''m always a little bit wary of players who suffer relegation two seasons in a row who have been singled out as good players.[/quote]

^ that! Overrated and will end up in the mid Championship club in the next year or so aka Lansbury

I think we''d have a fair bit of competition but yeah, at a reasonable price he''d be a good addition to the squad.

If you were in charge how much would you be willing to pay, JS?