Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Neil Adams

One step at a time. An inclusion into the 1st team coaching staff as an offensive advisor would be of benefit to us all and help those younger players to make the step up. I use the word offensive because this season in many respects we have resorted to tactics from the game of the odd shaped ball.

Too often during the season the whole point of the game was to gain position in the opposition half and to earn from that gain a set piece free kick or corner from which to have an attempt on goal. Our open play, was for the most part, unable to bring results. In 2013 and we had a sequence of draws and defeats as a result. We had become another Stoke at times hence the negative feedback from all quarters.

Adams would help redress that issue and perhaps get more out of RVW.

H

I dont know about manager, but I like the idea of him being part of the coaching set up. That said it appears he is doing an excellent job bringing talent through and soon we should see some of them breaking into the first team.

I hope not, I''m a big fan of his and I would hate that respect tarnished like Gunn''s was.

Good shout re part of the first team coaches. He would be the only ''forward'' amongst two defenders and an one average midfielder.

As someone who has been coached by Neil, his coaching methods and application are second to none, now it seems he is tactically very sound, would be surprised if he didn''t make the step up to management with us or someone else.

[quote user="Watch The Birdie"]

I hope not, I''m a big fan of his and I would hate that respect tarnished like Gunn''s was.

[/quote]A key difference however, would be that Adams would have (by then) shown managerial expertise albeit at a different level whereas I''m not sure that Gunn had any.I think things will get better for Norwich under Hughton but should they go pear-shaped, I''d like Adams to at least be considered... as and when he''s established himself.I''ll be honest, I didn''t realise that he was of the calibre he''s showing himself to be when he was on Canary Call. Fortunately, I never rang in and made an idiot of myself!