Sign in to follow this  

the Ippo fans gone?, they appeared and disappeared as quickly as the sunshine in May. I work in Lowie, and recently the Ippo fans have dared to emerge from the shadows following their last two drubbings, however just like this forum they appear to have scuttled back to whence they came, why is that I wonder?.........

And why is this board so quiet after a cracking victory against WBA? It was on meltdown after the Villa match..... 

Maybe this is related?

Binners on here masquerading as City fans ......... whatever next !However there were a few of this odd little chaps who did venture up to CR to sit in the away end on Sunday to (what I should imagine) lend support to their wealthy neighbours - they were the chaps with blue coloured earplugs (they had been to CR before it would seem).Shame they had to leave after the third goal. Perhaps they guessed that we were safe and so it was a case of job done. They did also manage to see one of their ex players scoring, so all in all a good day.

ps I do like their idea of having something to rattle at the game to make some noise. Not a rattle thing (similar to ours only blue) but a collection tin with a few coins in it. St John Ambulance tins appear to be the favourites, you just have to be a bit discreet when you are making off with them.  So it should be fun next season watching our rustic neighbours waving collecting tins about in their half empty stadium. They could also take them out on the streets as well - can''t be that difficult to raise around £87m .... can it ?

Oh! is it quiet Ellis? Can''t say I''ve noticed. Ironically I thought Nutty might be on with his usual strict duty of monitoring all contributors having the nerve to doubt Hoots tactics by asking a question. Got an idea he is away to be fair.

Enjoy the summer and relax for the first time for months

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]the Ippo fans gone?[/quote]

They haven''t got time to spend on here SoB, they''re too busy working out how they''re going to spend all that money they''ll have when they get promoted next season by following the Blackpool model.......

"Ipswich Town could do worse than follow the prudent example of Blackpool if they were to be promoted to the Premier League at the end of next season.

That is the view of Rob Wilson, football finance expert and lecturer at Sheffield Hallam University.

Town will be targeting a top-six finish next season following Mick McCarthy’s heroics this campaign and the former Republic of Ireland manager has form, having won the Championship title as a manager with both Sunderland and Wolves.

The Tangerines lasted a campaign in the top flight before being relegated in 2011, but only spent modestly in their attempts to mix it with the top flight big boys.

They missed out on an instant return to the Premier League last season, losing in the play off final to West Ham, but have been able to clear their debts, thanks to their promotion which was worth in the region of £90m, and have a healthy financial future.

Promotion for Ipswich next season could be worth almost £120m in the long run with the Blues receiving £60m for just reaching the top-tier and a further £59m in four year’s-worth of parachute payments, should they be relegated at the first attempt.

Nearly £80m in debt, owed mainly to companies belonging to owner Marcus Evans, such a feat would go a long way to edging Town out of the red and stabilising the club in the long term.

“Blackpool had loads of debt on the balance sheet but promotion was worth £90m all told,” said Wilson.

“They said they were going to go into the Premier League and spend a bit of money, but no player was on more than £10,000 week - around half the average weekly wage in the Premier League. They also inserted relegation release clauses into their players’ contracts.

“Ultimately it did not pay off and they fell just short but, by going up, they were able to write off their debt and received parachute payments for the next four years, worth £48m.

“They just missed out last season and have struggled a bit this season, but the next few years should see them start to make strides up the league again.”

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/ipswich-town/latest-news/ipswich_town_blackpool_example_is_a_good_one_to_follow_1_2191611

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

the Ippo fans gone?, they appeared and disappeared as quickly as the sunshine in May. I work in Lowie, and recently the Ippo fans have dared to emerge from the shadows following their last two drubbings, however just like this forum they appear to have scuttled back to whence they came, why is that I wonder?.........

[/quote]We will never be them, apparantly.Which is bad news if you want be struggling to avoid relegation to league 1 every season.[;)]

For the true picture rather than that aburd twaddle from master Wilson -http://upthepool.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/blackpool-fcs-1112-accounts-reviewed.htmlwhich paints a rather disturbing picture of money being lent to the Oystons and various property companies they are connected to

or maybe Blackpool fans view of this nonsense ("Not very well researched" , "Crap article, absolute rubbish.

")http://www.backhenrystreet.co.uk/thread-11055.html

Still at least the paupers don''t have to worry about having a dodgy owner who is asset stripping the property out of the club ....................... Playford Road ?