Sign in to follow this  
BOO

Chelsea Norwich

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]This is a team that was put together before we achieved top level academy status. So the achievement is immense. A night for us all to be very proud.

Very well done the lads - yesterday was a hard act to follow but wow you did it.

COYY[/quote]

I think that''s probably true Sussex, maybe the keeper was a recent addition, it does make it an even greater achievement, good to see some Norfolk boys in there. I imagine with the new status that we will see less local lads involved, it will be interesting to see how it shakes down. The beneficiaries of that will be the local youth teams and leagues, Norfolk Youth Combinaton, North East Norfolk etc. so often in the past teams have had their best players picked up by the Academy, ripping the heart out of the team because they can''t play local football anymore. It would be interesting to hear people''s views on this , I''m sure what I have said will not be universally agreed?

Having dipped into SSN a few times today, I''ve heard no mention of the FA Youth Cup winners....

Would this have been the case had Chelsea won, or have I missed something?