Sign in to follow this  
John Boubepo

The Triple prediction

Ok folks, things are a bit slow this time of year, so time to liven things up with a prediction or two [I''ve been away for several weeks so hope this hasn''t been discussed before] anyway I''m going to start the ball rolling with a prediction of immense optimism, which is all quite normal for me during mid June - I predict a combination of Hux, Deano and Mac will score 68 goals between the 3 of them in all competitions [even if one or more are playing for different clubs but I''m obviously counting on them playing for us]We will score 100+ goals as a team in all competitionsWe will finish Champions by at least 5 pointsCome on now don''t be shy, lets dig this thread up again in May 06 and see who was closest with the above 3 predictions

Not so many goals between them but yes a fantastic season in the fizzy 

For your predictions:n you are wrong in all of them.

But we will finish in the first two. Probably because NW needs to prove that he is more than just a championship manager. No success next season and his job opportunities are limited to NCFC( our board is too nice to sack him).  Even if he earns more than D Moyes of Everton per year.

I''ll go with 1 and 3 - they are realistic . I think it would be extremely difficult to manage 100 goals - especially considering we usually lose in the cups early on.
I believe only 2 British teams managed that this year: Chelsea from 4 competitions (I''m not sure what Arsenal did, but again it could be similar), and Gretna who had the most amazing strikeforce playing at least a division below what they can compete at.

[quote]Ok folks, things are a bit slow this time of year, so time to liven things up with a prediction or two [I''ve been away for several weeks so hope this hasn''t been discussed before] anyway I''m going to ...[/quote]

John, you really should leave this sort of thing to the proffessionals!. You are way off, and terribly ungifted I''m sorry to say.

Don''t meddle with dark forces, until you have studied them.

[quote]Ok folks, things are a bit slow this time of year, so time to liven things up with a prediction or two [I''ve been away for several weeks so hope this hasn''t been discussed before] anyway I''m going to ...[/quote]

I fancy your predictions coming true John only if we sign a decent midfield creator or effective winger,

Both are required to supply the ammo to the three potential goal scorers you mention. IMHO

I''ll sit on the fence a bit with my predictions! :

1 - We will finish in the top 4

2 - Ashton will finish our leading goalscorer

and

3 - Both Shackell and Ashton will be named in the Championship team of the season

I can have no optimism about the new season until it is all settled as regards who''s leaving, and who''s staying. We undoubtedly have a decent strike-force and the defence may be ok playing at a lower level, but we definitely need to strengthen the midfield. At this moment in time, I would do no more than to hope for a top six finish, and there are no guarantees of that. All I can say is, dont get too carried away with great expectations, only to suffer the massive disappointment of failure. Remember, City seldom do things the easy way. Any one remember a certain match against Fulham?

My Predictions are as thus:

1. Norwich will be champions with three games still remaining
  2. Dean Ashton will be the top scorer in all four divisions
  3. Dean Ashton will be NCFC voted player of the season
  4. Hucks will be second
  5. Shacks will be third
  6. Ipswich will finish in 11th position
  7. Wolves will finish 2nd
  8. Crystal Palace will lose in the Play-Off Final to Reading
  9. Watford will be relegated
  10. Jonson will score his first goal in a City shirt in the 88th minute of the 1-0 win over Ipswich Town at Portman Road

All will undoubtably come true!

I''m not sure what all the pessimism is all about guys? - our defence and midfield will be strengthened over the next few weeks and a forward line of Hux, Deano, and Mac with a probable right winger added to that forward line is a scary, scary prospect for any team/manager in this division. If Norwich average 2 goals a game, with 3 against Ipswich, home and away - that''s 90 goals before we talk about cup games, our cup games will end in tears as always but I expect us to bag 10+ goals against minnows in the early rounds = 100 + goals in all competitions. Norwich''s big 3 will score goals for fun and I''m prepared to give a prediction of 68 goals just for those 3 players alone [many of you disagree but what''s your prediction?] A season before last we had the tightest defence in this league and now with Shaks, Dury, Flem and Hellboy, plus additions - why expect anything to be much worse? With our present forward line, which looks awesome, plus the unknown additions, I really expect us to kick 22 sorry @rsed teams into stratospherical oblivion, I really do!! Ok that bit sounds over the top but I fully expect us to win this league by 5 points, as already mentioned. Come on guys! never mind telling me I''m wrong - how can a prediction be wrong until you know the result? - so come on lets be having you, where are you, where are your predictions?

[quote]I''m not sure what all the pessimism is all about guys? - our defence and midfield will be strengthened over the next few weeks and a forward line of Hux, Deano, and Mac with a probable right winger ad...[/quote]

Ah John, but I DO know the result already!!.

That''s my point, and that''s what magic does for you, if you have it, my friend!. 

My predictions for this season would have to be:

1: Ashton to finish top scorer on 37 goals in all competitions

2: Leon to notch up 22 goals in all competitions

3: City to have a 3 way scrap with Palarse and Wolves for the 2 automatic places.

4: City to go up as runner-up to Palarse

5: FA Cup run into 5th Round.

6: Jonson to score 10 goals

7: The Green ''n'' Yellow army once again, show other fans how to actually support your team, home and away.

While I am hopeful of an excellent season I am uncomfortable with such over-confidence - many of the predictions are possible and some even likely; but we seem to get it wrong when we expect such results (Fulham, Bradford or Watford at home or Blackburn away recently) 

On paper we have an excellent squad but matches are not played on paper; the team (managers and players) will have to perform week in week out against some clogging hard working sides and managers will have seen how to nullify us from the prem games. 

If the players take this west ham type arrogance into changing rooms and out onto the pitch we will struggle to make he play offs.

My only prediction? Like the season just gone our emotions will go up and down month by month.. and hopefully we will get promoted by the end of the season.   Its the least we and the club deserve.

OTBC

I predict at least one "Worthy Out" thread before the end of September, after a difficult start due to the number of new faces brought in by Worthy over the summer. However his signings will prove to be excellent (as usual!) and we will be back in contention by Christmas.

If we are lucky with injuries we should have an excellent season, I can''t wait! However we shouldn''t expect automatic promotion; whilst it looks achievable, this is the MOST difficult league in the world to get promotion out of and it will be more competitive than 2 seasons ago.

Some varied predictions rolling in, some optimistic, some pessimistic but that''s what it''s all about - differences of opinions, some of us will end up with some serious egg on our faces come May 06, but who cares? so with that in mind, time to throw something else into the mixer - how many individual teams will there be between Norwich and ipswich [or vice versa for the pessimists amongst us] I go for 7 teams between Norwich and ipswich - Norwich Champions and ipswich 9th