Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Hughton opinions now?

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="E.L.F."]" He took over a squad finishing 12th in the premier league. The league table does not lie. " And HE has the team sitting 12th in the table in the present. You''re right, the league table does not lie. IHWT[/quote]

So will we still be 12th after the Man City game ?  If we attack with quality as I know we can I think so, maybe higher, but play for the usual draw and we will be tonked IMO and finish a few places lower.  Let''s stop showing teams respect and go out to beat them !!!  Winning breeds confidence and will also set us up for a good start next season. Hughton has overmanaged the squad IMO and that has to change.
[/quote]

Being a fairly simple person, could you explain in words of one syllable how and how?

[/quote]

He has rigidly stuck to his cautious approach telling players to do things that go against their attacking instincts, even during games when if we had opened up we could have gained a win. On certain occasions, such as happened in the last game it''s best just to let the players get on with it and utilise their own skills to maximum effect rather than restricting, constraining and ultimately frustrating them and the supporters.  
[/quote]

I doubt if any top level manager lets "the players get on with it", or least have in the last few decades. To have this opinion just demonstrates how little you comprehend about modern football where all teams ruthlessly drill their players to repetitively repeat the same movements, runs and tactics. It just so happened that it worked Sunday, and in other games it hasn''t for a variety of reasons, but enough for 41 points from 37 games.

[/quote]

Of course they do. No manager can micromanage every player except Hughton.  
[/quote]

Sorry I missed your tenure as England Manager Paul. What do you base this on, "Professional Football Coaching by Paul Moy"? I suggest you read something, anything, about modern coaching methods in the Elite game - "The Secret Footballer" would be a start and you would then learn how baseless in fact your statement is rather than give us an exhibition of how little fans, and posters on the board, really know about football.

I find it funny how the Hughton fans were telling us all season, that Hughtons style is because we lack quality premiership players and that everything will be fine next season, basicaly giving him a pass for the utter crap we have watched this season, but then after the WBA game, Once again, Hughton must take credit because they see him as the second comming.

You cant have it both ways boys and girls.

We should NEVER have been close to relegation this season with the players we have. As seen by the WBA game, where it looked like Lambert had returned to save us. Strange isnt it that when this group of players were set free, it was like last season again.

But still onwards and upwards.

He will be here next season, and iam fine with that now the dust has settled. But if he once again reverts to the negative ristrictive football next season, he needs to be sacked quick enough to turn it around.

We got lucky this season, no matter what the Hughton lovers say. I fear if he goes about next season as he did this season we will be in trouble.

Lets hope he has learned a lesson.

[quote user="the1englishman"]I find it funny how the Hughton fans were telling us all season, that Hughtons style is because we lack quality premiership players and that everything will be fine next season, basicaly giving him a pass for the utter crap we have watched this season, but then after the WBA game, Once again, Hughton must take credit because they see him as the second comming.

You cant have it both ways boys and girls.

We should NEVER have been close to relegation this season with the players we have. As seen by the WBA game, where it looked like Lambert had returned to save us. Strange isnt it that when this group of players were set free, it was like last season again.

But still onwards and upwards.

He will be here next season, and iam fine with that now the dust has settled. But if he once again reverts to the negative ristrictive football next season, he needs to be sacked quick enough to turn it around.

We got lucky this season, no matter what the Hughton lovers say. I fear if he goes about next season as he did this season we will be in trouble.

Lets hope he has learned a lesson.[/quote]

Remind me again,  which match last season did we score four goals without a reply??

When, oh when, are posters on here going to realise that the squad of players that we have are not good enough!

the1englishman wrote the following post at 14/05/2013 8:33 AM:

We should NEVER have been close to relegation this season with the players we have.

Wolves were relegated last season, they sold two of their players for between £20M and £25M.

How many of our squad do you think we would have to sell to get that much?

I can''t remember us having to fight off any clubs to keep our players. We have had unsubstantiated rumours about Ruddy, Johnson and Pilkington but that is all it has been.

We have had calls for squad players to make it to the team (notably Fox) but to my knowledge we never had to fight off all those other managers who rated him during the January window.

We have a 25 man squad of which no more than about 16 are good enough for the Premiership and no more than 4 or 5 would be wanted by other Premiership clubs.

Ask the supporters of other Premiership clubs which of our players they would want at their club and then you would see the light.

Even ask the average supporter of other Premiership clubs how many of our players they can actually name (how many Reading players can you name) and again you would be surprised.

The manager was given a job. He accomplished it but he certainly won''t be able to do it again next season with the same players he has at his disposal this season.

He''s staying, it has ended up better than I and many others expected, all the arguments have been made, might as well put it behind us now and look forward, why keep souring what should be a great few days of celebration for the club. Enjoy it!

Vanwink wrote the following post at 14/05/2013 9:08 AM:

He''s staying, it has ended up better than I and many others expected, all the arguments have been made, might as well put it behind us now and look forward, why keep souring what should be a great few days of celebration for the club. Enjoy it!

Well said that man.

[quote user="Vanwink"]He''s staying, it has ended up better than I and many others expected, all the arguments have been made, might as well put it behind us now and look forward, why keep souring what should be a great few days of celebration for the club. Enjoy it![/quote]

For the simple reason that there are a number of posters on here who are not happy with being proved wrong and will dredge up any and every possible criticism of Hughton to rewrite the league table/history to big themselves up.

I tip my hat to Vanwink.

What I think people really need to do is place our record this season in the context of the Premier League THIS SEASON, not last season.

Yes, we''ve had a dodgy run. But - as I have said in another post - name me a team from 8th to 20th who hasn''t? I think Fulham have only won once in those 20 games and lost their last 4 or 5. (If someone could look that up for me, I''d appreciate it). The same goes for Newcastle, Aston Villa, Stoke, Swansea, West Brom and a few others. All have been on a similar run to us in the final third of the season. All of them spent more than we did in the summer (and we needed to spend the most as our squad needed the biggest overhaul).

All in all, its been a very strange season this year and it has been a harder season than last. What Norwich City FC - by which I mean, the players, the fans, the staff and Chris Hughton - have achieved is remarkable.

Added to that, we won the FA Youth Cup.

So, as I say, put things in to context and, for the love of God, try to enjoy this.

[quote user="Vanwink"]He''s staying, it has ended up better than I and many others expected, all the arguments have been made, might as well put it behind us now and look forward, why keep souring what should be a great few days of celebration for the club. Enjoy it![/quote]That''s scarily like a classic Wiz flip-flop statement...

Well it isn''t Indy and I hope that myth is now dispelled, I admit I did set my account up deliberately to look a bit like him, mainly to see how I would be treated, to see how long it would be before people tried to hound me off the board, it didn''t take long I can assure you!

Anyway, I think my views on Hughton are clear, I haven''t changed them and I expressed them in part earlier on the thread, it just seems to me that all the arguments are done, and they are now seeming to be constantly repeating themselves, if that s what people want to do then that''s fine, but it''s not for me.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Well it isn''t Indy and I hope that myth is now dispelled, I admit I did set my account up deliberately to look a bit like him, mainly to see how I would be treated, to see how long it would be before people tried to hound me off the board, it didn''t take long I can assure you!

Anyway, I think my views on Hughton are clear, I haven''t changed them and I expressed them in part earlier on the thread, it just seems to me that all the arguments are done, and they are now seeming to be constantly repeating themselves, if that s what people want to do then that''s fine, but it''s not for me.[/quote]

Well said VW, couldn''t agree more

[quote user="Vanwink"]Well it isn''t Indy and I hope that myth is now dispelled, I admit I did set my account up deliberately to look a bit like him, mainly to see how I would be treated, to see how long it would be before people tried to hound me off the board, it didn''t take long I can assure you! Anyway, I think my views on Hughton are clear, I haven''t changed them and I expressed them in part earlier on the thread, it just seems to me that all the arguments are done, and they are now seeming to be constantly repeating themselves, if that s what people want to do then that''s fine, but it''s not for me.[/quote]

This is so true Van, Wiz, like you, was never given a fair hearing because of a reputation, this you have found out to be the case.

And for what little its worth I value your imput and opinion on here.

[quote user="Vanwink"]I think my views on Hughton are clear, I haven''t changed them and I expressed them in part earlier on the thread, it just seems to me that all the arguments are done, and they are now seeming to be constantly repeating themselves, if that s what people want to do then that''s fine, but it''s not for me.[/quote]That''s a pretty fair point VW.We can regurgitate our arguments for one decision or another until the Cathedral falls down, but there are more productive things to discuss going forwards such as summer transfers, the new kit and of course the excellent Youth Cup result last night [y]

Amen, van wink.

Lets enjoy the last few days. Opinions aren''t going to change because of 1 game.

Lets see what the summer brings and hopefully we kick on next yr.

We are all going around in circles arguing the same points. We stayed up so well done to hoots.

I will be the first person to hold my hands up next season if he proves me wrong!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I will be the first person to hold my hands up next season if he proves me wrong![/quote]I think that''s the dubious honour that we''d both be fighting over CUSDP [:D]