Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Hughton opinions now?

[quote user="Herman "]"grefstad"Is it only me, or could it be others being pissed of by this Webbo118 dude, spreading his one-liner comments to "answer" long posts in this forum?Could it be that his 2000+ posts are just utter dross like his oneliners?Imagine if people visiting this forum could actually contribute with their thoughts instead of only blasting others for what they think. I think he''s cool! And why waste a thousand words on people who aren''t listening?[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="E.L.F."]" He took over a squad finishing 12th in the premier league. The league table does not lie. " And HE has the team sitting 12th in the table in the present. You''re right, the league table does not lie. IHWT[/quote]

So will we still be 12th after the Man City game ?  If we attack with quality as I know we can I think so, maybe higher, but play for the usual draw and we will be tonked IMO and finish a few places lower.  Let''s stop showing teams respect and go out to beat them !!!  Winning breeds confidence and will also set us up for a good start next season. Hughton has overmanaged the squad IMO and that has to change.
[/quote]

Being a fairly simple person, could you explain in words of one syllable how and how?

[/quote]

He has rigidly stuck to his cautious approach telling players to do things that go against their attacking instincts, even during games when if we had opened up we could have gained a win. On certain occasions, such as happened in the last game it''s best just to let the players get on with it and utilise their own skills to maximum effect rather than restricting, constraining and ultimately frustrating them and the supporters.  
[/quote]

I doubt if any top level manager lets "the players get on with it", or least have in the last few decades. To have this opinion just demonstrates how little you comprehend about modern football where all teams ruthlessly drill their players to repetitively repeat the same movements, runs and tactics. It just so happened that it worked Sunday, and in other games it hasn''t for a variety of reasons, but enough for 41 points from 37 games.

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="E.L.F."]" He took over a squad finishing 12th in the premier league. The league table does not lie. " And HE has the team sitting 12th in the table in the present. You''re right, the league table does not lie. IHWT[/quote]

So will we still be 12th after the Man City game ?  If we attack with quality as I know we can I think so, maybe higher, but play for the usual draw and we will be tonked IMO and finish a few places lower.  Let''s stop showing teams respect and go out to beat them !!!  Winning breeds confidence and will also set us up for a good start next season. Hughton has overmanaged the squad IMO and that has to change. [/quote]

Being a fairly simple person, could you explain in words of one syllable how and how?

[/quote]He has rigidly stuck to his cautious approach telling players to do things that go against their attacking instincts, even during games when if we had opened up we could have gained a win. On certain occasions, such as happened in the last game it''s best just to let the players get on with it and utilise their own skills to maximum effect rather than restricting, constraining and ultimately frustrating them and the supporters.   [/quote]

I doubt if any top level manager lets "the players get on with it", or least have in the last few decades. To have this opinion just demonstrates how little you comprehend about modern football where all teams ruthlessly drill their players to repetitively repeat the same movements, runs and tactics. It just so happened that it worked Sunday, and in other games it hasn''t for a variety of reasons, but enough for 41 points from 37 games.

[/quote]Of course they do. No manager can micromanage every player except Hughton.  

When you look at the form guide over the last 20 matches, I don''t think its unfair to ask some of the "negative" questions some people are asking.

We''ve got 16 points out of our last 20 matches 1 more than QPR, the second worst form in the premier league, so we won and played well, great. But if this form continues next year, we''ll go down.

[quote user="Dusk1983"]Are you on drugs, Webbo? You''re posting utter bilge mate. Literally, complete nonsense.
[/quote]

In what way? Do explain.

[quote user="Bill Car"]When you look at the form guide over the last 20 matches, I don''t think its unfair to ask some of the "negative" questions some people are asking. We''ve got 16 points out of our last 20 matches 1 more than QPR, the second worst form in the premier league, so we won and played well, great. But if this form continues next year, we''ll go down.[/quote]

Bill, looking at our form for the last third of last season - W3 D3 L7 - 12 points, if that form continued into this season we would either already be relegated or on the cusp of it!

Paul Moy''s arrogance is frankly extraordinary.

Before anyone decides to in any way buy-in to his drivel, remember that it is thanks to his spectacularly insightful knowledge of the game that Cody MacDonald is our top scorer this season. Nobody else saw that coming and despite everybody here criticising him, he was able to see that Cody Mac would be our saviour.

Oh, no wait!

How is old Cody doing, Paul?

[quote user="Militant Canary"]How is old Cody doing?[/quote]Not great...4 in 23 last season for Coventry in the Championship3 in 20 this season for Coventry in League One, who then loaned him out in Jan to GillinghamAnd he''s managed 4 in 7 in League Two for GillinghamLooks like League Two really is his top level for consistent goalscoring...

Yes, ABC. We haven''t had very good form in the final third of the season. However, you really should put that into perspective.

Name a team in the Premier League that is ranked 8th to 20th who has had much better form?

Its been a strange season this year, with few teams in the bottom 2/3 of the league able to beat each other.

It will be different next season, but still have a little patience.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Paul Moy''s arrogance is frankly extraordinary.

Before anyone decides to in any way buy-in to his drivel, remember that it is thanks to his spectacularly insightful knowledge of the game that Cody MacDonald is our top scorer this season. Nobody else saw that coming and despite everybody here criticising him, he was able to see that Cody Mac would be our saviour.

Oh, no wait!

How is old Cody doing, Paul?[/quote]

... and I might well ask how Chris Martin is doing, as he was just about everybody else''s preferred choice.  It''s a shame though MC that you have to resort to character assassination instead of constructive analysis. It says a lot about you.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Militant Canary"]How is old Cody doing?[/quote]Not great...4 in 23 last season for Coventry in the Championship3 in 20 this season for Coventry in League One, who then loaned him out in Jan to GillinghamAnd he''s managed 4 in 7 in League Two for GillinghamLooks like League Two really is his top level for consistent goalscoring...[/quote]Indeed, so perhaps Chris Martin should try it also.....

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Chris Martin: Was he really? I''m not so sure.

Says a lot about me: Does it?

Ditto.[/quote]

Chris Martin''s been pulling up trees !!!

2012–2013→ Swindon Town (loan)12(1)
2013→ Derby County (loan)13(2)
2013–

" where all teams ruthlessly drill their players to repetitively repeat

the same movements, runs and tactics. It just so happened that it worked

Sunday"

what !one of the reasons that we won on Sunday was because the players were doing the opposite of Hughton''s tactics, just as he admitted after the Everton game - and the same tactics that players have been negatively commenting upon in the mediathankfully it is fairly certain that we won''t have to put up with these type of tactics next season

MC - you are preaching to the converted [:D]

My comment was in response to Bill Car who was concerned that our form at the end of this season, if fed into next season, would send us down. I merely pointed out that almost the same happened last year, and we survived, despite having an enforced change in manager.

As for next season, I''m so looking forward to it. If Bassong, Garrido, Snodgrass, Turner, Tettey and Whittaker is indicative of the calibre of signing that he makes on a limited budget, and RVW is indicative on what he can achieve with a larger budget, then next season could be one of the most exciting seasons in the PL!

Sorry about that, ABC.

Careless of me.

Yeah, should be exciting this summer.

Do you find it kind of strange how there are still people unwilling to a) enjoy the moment or b) admit that they may be wrong?

[quote user="City1st"]" where all teams ruthlessly drill their players to repetitively repeat the same movements, runs and tactics. It just so happened that it worked Sunday"

what !

one of the reasons that we won on Sunday was because the players were doing the opposite of Hughton''s tactics, just as he admitted after the Everton game - and the same tactics that players have been negatively commenting upon in the media

thankfully it is fairly certain that we won''t have to put up with these type of tactics next season

[/quote]

What!!!???

From which reality TV show did you use to get this bit of research from "one of the reasons that we won on Sunday was because the players were doing the opposite of Hughton''s tactics,"

Oh, I get it, sorry, didn''t see that you had your tongue firmly stuck in your cheek! There are too many simple minded folk on here who would actually take this as gospel that I thought I would let them know that you were on a wind up!

"If Bassong, Garrido, Snodgrass, Turner, Tettey and Whittaker is

indicative of the calibre of signing that he makes on a limited budget"

oh dearSnodgrass was pretty much signed BEFORE Hughton joined us - the signings are mostly down to the board as well. As are the managerial appointments.

"City1st"

where all teams ruthlessly drill their players to repetitively repeat

the same movements, runs and tactics. It just so happened that it worked

Sunday"

what !

one of the reasons that we won on Sunday was because the players were doing the opposite of Hughton''s tactics, just as he admitted after the Everton game - and the same tactics that players have been negatively commenting upon in the media

thankfully it is fairly certain that we won''t have to put up with these type of tactics next season

Either put up what you "know" or stop trolling.

Hoots is a remarkable manager and person. I have never doubted him. He has focus and conviction that will win eveybody over in the coming years.

He is gona be our Fergie!

"the signings are mostly down to the board"

Well they sanction them and agree the deals but presumably Bowkett and co. didn''t choose the players???

He has to go - against WBA I thought Lambert was back in charge as he at last loosen the shackles and went on the offensive.

If Norwich stick by him we will witness the same old defensive dross we have seen in the last few months. He has the players but not the strategy - he''s out of his depth and at best he''s a lower league manager.

[quote user="City1st"]"If Bassong, Garrido, Snodgrass, Turner, Tettey and Whittaker is indicative of the calibre of signing that he makes on a limited budget"

oh dear

Snodgrass was pretty much signed BEFORE Hughton joined us - the signings are mostly down to the board as well. As are the managerial appointments.
[/quote]

Of course they are dear, what ever you say dear. I know this has been very stressfull for you, so you may need to have a little lie down before you start again

I may be wrong, BUT, I don''t think that a manager, who was tasked with one objective "Stay in the PL" would have accepted ANY new player being foisted on him without his agreement.

And, of course, the signings are down to the board. The manager tells the board who he wants, and if the club can afford it, the board arrange the necessary signatures. Simples. Unless you are suggesting that the board went out, of their own volition, and signed up the likes of Bassong? Ahh bless.

As for the managerial appointments, I think that most of us have grasped that those appointments are made by the board. Can you imagine the shenanigans if it was left up to some of the posters on this forum - Ha ha ha - after each loss or home draw, they would be screaming for a new manager - ha ha ha!

Half way through the season how many of these ''haters'' were asking for hughtons head when were sitting 8th on a 10 game unbeaten run?

If it was the other way around and we had a great 2nd half everyone would be saying what a genius he is?

Don''t forget it''s a 38 game season and over the course we have deserved to stay in the league.

Hughtons done his job and I look forward to what he will be doing next season

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Sorry about that, ABC. Careless of me. Yeah, should be exciting this summer. Do you find it kind of strange how there are still people unwilling to a) enjoy the moment or b) admit that they may be wrong?[/quote]

MC - they are the same few vocal names who it appears seem to have not forgiven "his lordship" for leaving them but insist on blaming CH for it!

The fact that they can''t enjoy the moment is their very sad loss and as for admitting they are wrong - I think their propensity to admit the error of their ways is directly proportional to the amount of vitriol that they have spread over their posts!

Fair point ABC, but just because I’m a little bit anal…. It’s not really a like for like example, yes for a third of last season you are right but a 12 game run is a lot different to a 20 game run.

A like for like comparison Lambert 43% of points,

Hughton 27%.

I hope he turns it round next season.

As much as I''m pleased that we''re going to be playing EPL football next season, the warning signs are there. Yesterdays result changing nothing - some of the most dire and soulless football has been played this season and it is more down to the management and tactics, rather than the personnel.

If we make some good signings in the summer and Hughton plays to the players strengths, then we could be top ten. But will he do it?

Unlike some fans, I don''t believe we have over achieved this season. We were not relegation material, we have some very good players, but we played much like a relegated team for most of the second half of the season.

There is much potential at NCFC right now, but is Hughton the man to realise it?

Time will tell...