Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Hughton opinions now?

As i have always said, i''ve got faith in him, i haven''t been impressed with our lack of form recently and i think some of that is because he doesn''t have the options up front to try much else.

I agreed that if we went down, he should have gone, but now he''s achieved what he was told to do, i don''t think anyone can begrudge him another season to sort our attack out.

If this is how we''re going to play i''m happy to keep Hughton.

This isn''t the first time we''ve played like this. But its the first time we''ve played so well for 90 mins really. If this is how he wants the team to play then great.

My first choice. He''s done his job and kept us up. Most of the football in the 2nd half of the season has been poor, but I''m glad to see such a performance to secure safety. I honestly believe this is a sign of things to come, that this is the style of football Hughton hopes to implement at Norwich. I think Hughton will have no detractors if we can play with that confidence and style next season. 

Done his job in keeping us up. Time to build the midfield so RvW can get a supply line. Then we''ll see what happens at the start of the season.

You see Chris. Play to our potential and we get performances like that. We can beat most teams on our day. So no need to be so negative.

[quote user="87canary"]Done his job in keeping us up. Time to build the midfield so RvW can get a supply line. Then we''ll see what happens at the start of the season.[/quote]

Agreed. Concerns still linger about form since Christmas but if he addresses the weaknesses through transfers I''d be happy to be going into next season with CH at the helm.

The big question is whether he''s played (overly) cautiously recently because he genuinely thought we had to in order to get the best chance of achieving what he HAS achieved... Or whether any CH team will always end up that defensively-minded

Well done Chris!!!!

He did his job and kept us up. My God it was ugly and he was on the verge of losing my support, but he got us there.Just hoping this is what we are up for next season.

Onwards and upwards as they say.

[quote user="Robert911"]Wow. 1 game and everyone forgets the dross from the rest of the season.[/quote]

His job was to keep us up and he has. Not so surprising really?

[quote user="Robert911"]Wow. 1 game and everyone forgets the dross from the rest of the season.[/quote]
I don''t think anyone has. I just think that they saw signs in this performance to suggest confidnce in the style of football we''ll play next season. We could be wrong, this could be a one off and the football will go back to being poor again. But we''ve just secured safety with a 4-0 win at home and I''m in a mood to feel confident about our future.

1 game isn''t going to change many views.

But That''s what happens when u let them play with freedom.8 of last yrs supposedly not gd enough players,doing the biz!

What if we did that against qpr saints west ham toon Fulham villa and Swansea?!

FREEEEEEEEDOM!

[quote user="Robert911"]Wow. 1 game and everyone forgets the dross from the rest of the season.[/quote]What a bizarre statement, did you even bother reading the posts in this thread?

Premier League survival in itself softens the dross offered this year...as does today''s performance.

If Norwich can play like that under a certain amount of pressure, then there is no reason not to see more of this next year.

Only one real defensive midfielder today....and even Johnson pushed forward much more.

Howson''s best game for Norwich - played with a sense of freedom previously unseen.

Even Becchio played his part!

A remarkable performance.....

I think we will play differently next season. Hughton clearly didn''t have confidence in our squad this season and concentrated on our strengths - defending.

He can now, however, get his own attacking players in over the summer and start afresh.

Thoroughly looking forward to next season now and can''t wait to see who CH brings in!

No change really. Have always said he''s too negative & he''s only changed tactics when he had no choice. Should have been more positive long before today & we wouldn''t have been so close to relegation. Hope he has learned something this afternoon.

I would give him the summer and 5 games. He has given an indication the kind of players he wants the squad to look with RVW and hopefully the summer will bring more. He has done what he was employed to do which was keep us up without massive spending. If we were to get rid now I cannot see anyone else coming in and doing a better job of things. Next year we should target a top 10 finish.

[quote user="Yellow and Green"]I think we will play differently next season. Hughton clearly didn''t have confidence in our squad this season and concentrated on our strengths - defending.

He can now, however, get his own attacking players in over the summer and start afresh.

Thoroughly looking forward to next season now and can''t wait to see who CH brings in![/quote]Which is a key point. Tim Cahill on Final Score made a great point about David Moyes only using 16 man squads and it being exhausting. Lambert used every member of his squad, even Simon Lappin. Next season when we have a stronger squad, we can think about resting Snodgrass, Johnson etc and keeping them, fresher.

Lots of cloud cuckoo land idiots with eggs on their faces tonight.Hughton kept a very poor squad up with some defensive performances and some attacking performances where needed.All that rubbish about losing the players can be seen for what it is from their reaction with him at the final whistle.

[quote user="Hackedoff"]You see Chris. Play to our potential and we get performances like that. We can beat most teams on our day. So no need to be so negative.[/quote]Indeed, I just made a very similar comment on another thread. He needs to show more courage and utilise the squad to full attacking potential, not drab draw drudgery. 

[quote user="ref89"]Lots of cloud cuckoo land idiots with eggs on their faces tonight.Hughton kept a very poor squad up with some defensive performances and some attacking performances where needed.All that rubbish about losing the players can be seen for what it is from their reaction with him at the final whistle.

[/quote]Please inform me of these Attacking perfomances? Today was the first time we actually put a team away well and truly. He had to change today and he was likely told if he didn''t he would be looking at the chopping block. Wait til next season.

Wait til next season.

+++++

same back at ya.

-------------------------

he was likely told if he didn''t he would be looking at the chopping block. Wait til next season.

+++++

where the hell do you get that from? just making an AS(S)umption are we? it''s the understanding of the majority that he was likely to be here next season despite the division.

Why muppets are saying this is how we will play next season is beyond me ???

If thats the case why have we not played like this the whole season ? Because if we had, we would already be comfortable in the table.

This one game means NOTHING.

Hughton had nothing to loose, his normal style has been rewarded with shocking results so far this season, so its not like he had a lot to loose.

Lets hope he learnt something today, mainly what we fans knew, there is far more potential in this squad than he has been able to make happen for most of the season.

My own opinion isn''t going to change on the back of 1 good result after a long string of shocking ones.The way we played today is the way a number of us have been crying out for us to do all season, and also the way we showed we were capable of last season (and in rare spells this year).I got the feeling today that it was very much s**t or bust, so Hughton threw his usual caution to the wind, let them have more freedom to play, and the players responded by showing exactly what they can do if they are given that freedom.Quite why it took such a precarious position for him to realise what was under his nose all the time is still a major bone of contention and unless there were genuine indications that we''re going to setup in the same way as we did today going forwards, then I''d STILL look to replace him, as the run of games before this has been beyond awful.Full credit to the team for a fantastic display today, but the jury is still very much out on Hughton for me at this stage...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]My own opinion isn''t going to change on the back of 1 good result after a long string of shocking ones.The way we played today is the way a number of us have been crying out for us to do all season, and also the way we showed we were capable of last season (and in rare spells this year).I got the feeling today that it was very much s**t or bust, so Hughton threw his usual caution to the wind, let them have more freedom to play, and the players responded by showing exactly what they can do if they are given that freedom.Quite why it took such a precarious position for him to realise what was under his nose all the time is still a major bone of contention and unless there were genuine indications that we''re going to setup in the same way as we did today going forwards, then I''d STILL look to replace him, as the run of games before this has been beyond awful.Full credit to the team for a fantastic display today, but the jury is still very much out on Hughton for me at this stage...[/quote]

Sums up my opinion as well mate.

Making Plans wrote the following post at 12/05/2013 5:07 PM:

No change really. Have always said he''s too negative & he''s only changed tactics when he had no choice. Should have been more positive long before today & we wouldn''t have been so close to relegation. Hope he has learned something this afternoon.

We haven''t been close to relegation all season except in your own mind and in the mind of people like you.

We are in 12th place with one game to go. Exactly where we finished last season - and six points above the relegation line.

I never doubted Chris for one moment.

ask the Newcastle fans if they think he is negative. i think you will find that he was a very positive manager for them. it all depends if he has the players he feels are capable to be very attacking, and he obviously looked at our performances last season and decided to take the more defensive route. which would indicate that he is adaptable according to the players at his disposal.

To improve and be successful football is a ruthless game, he has kept us up, but would not be surprised if we had a new manager come the start of next season.

Sitting on the fence a little heart says give him the chance for next season, head says a new man to take us forward is the answer.

But most importantly today we are and are still a premier league side, the board will do the right thing!