Bassong

Garrido

Redmond

Townsend

Van Ginkel

Snodgrass

Bony

Van wolfswinkel

I don''t think that is even close unless we got Townsend on loan. Also the lack of a DM would worry me. Naughton won''t happen either, he has played a few games this season for Spurs and is good cover for them. Bony will go to one of the bigger boys or Newcastle IMO. Redmond is possible and so might Van Ginkel.

Bored at work and so thought i''d come up with a team quickly. I admit it wasn''t thought through well, but I thought i''d be bold and put a few semi realistic names in there and put the bias on new players when in all likelihood, the likes of Holt, R Martin, Johnson etc will probably still start.

I hoped that people would post their predictions for their teams.

Oh and on the bench, i''ve got:

Cassilas

Chiellini

Marcelo

De Rossi

Messi

Ronaldo

Falcao

We''re gonna have to get used to some of this years prominent players dropping out to accommodate the new faces i.e Fox, Morison and Whitbread last year.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Bored at work and so thought i''d come up with a team quickly. I admit it wasn''t thought through well, but I thought i''d be bold and put a few semi realistic names in there and put the bias on new players when in all likelihood, the likes of Holt, R Martin, Johnson etc will probably still start. I hoped that people would post their predictions for their teams. Oh and on the bench, i''ve got: Cassilas Chiellini Marcelo De Rossi Messi Ronaldo Falcao We''re gonna have to get used to some of this years prominent players dropping out to accommodate the new faces i.e Fox, Morison and Whitbread last year.[/quote]

Flipping typical of Hughton, get players like Messi, Ronaldo and Falcao in and then start them on the bench...

"Flipping typical of Hughton, get players like Messi, Ronaldo and Falcao in and then start them on the bench..."

Maybe bring one of them on with four minutes to go when we''re losing and need to chase the game.

Best to sub off Garrido just as he''s about to take a throw-in, to try and run down the clock. Oh wait, tried that tactic against Villa.

Actually that Garrido thing was smart, he was already at the edge of the pitch, they don''t have to walk across the pitch to get subbed.

A more likely team for the first day of the season                    Ruddy  Whittaker Turner Bassong GarridoSnodgrass  Tettey   Howson   Pilkington               RVW    Holt

Subs: Bunn,  Martin R. Bennett E.  Hoolahan  Bennett R.  Becchio New players? Of course, but I don''t expect wholesale change in the team straight away.     Buy 7 or  8 players and bung them straight in equals recipe for disaster. Integrate players slowly and you will get a better team ethic overall.  

Ruddy

Martin

Bassong

Turner

Unsure (Not Garrido - don''t think he''s good enough)

Johnson

Bridcutt

Snodgrass

Maloney

Redmond

Van Wolfswinkel

I think that''s a pretty good team. Not sure if the signings I''ve made are realistic or not though because I am unsure how much Maloney in particular would cost.

Ruddy

Olsson (Blackburn)

Turner

Bassong

Martin

Ince (Blackpool)

BJ

Biglia (Anderlecht)

Snodgrass

RVW

Holt

Subs. Bunn, Whittaker, Davies (Birmingham), Howson, Pilks, Hoolahan, Hooper (Celtic)