Sign in to follow this  
Nicko

So it looks like Garrido is a no...

By no means official. Take from it what you want.

thank u to all of ncfc supporters for show me all ur support and sympathy! i really aprecciate it...

If so, I wont be shedding too many tears. Garrido is OK, but found lacking in too many areas for me.Lacks pace, small (lost quite a few far post headers this season which has cost us goals).Would be a good backup though if we can find a better left back for a sensible sum of money.

Its not the kind of thing you would tweet if you had signed a permanent deal though is it?

[quote user="Nicko"]Its not the kind of thing you would tweet if you had signed a permanent deal though is it?[/quote]English isn''t his first language so you can''t read anything into it. He might just be saying thanks to everyone now that we''re safe.

Well, there are better options - whether we know them or not is a different matter and Garrido has done a job this season. I''d have him, depending on the price. £2-3 million at most.

Pretty sure someone said that if we stayed up and he played more than 25 games then we had to buy him at a pre agreed fee as a condition of the loan.

I wouldn''t read much into this. I see him staying, decent left backs are at a premium and we would be stupid to pass up the option. In my experience, lots of foreigners speaking English overuse the word `sympathy` to mean being nice rather than it meaning feeling sorry for.

quote user="grefstad"]If so, I wont be shedding too many tears. Garrido is OK, but found lacking in too many areas for me.Lacks pace, small (lost quite a few far post headers this season which has cost us goals).Would be a good backup though if we can find a better left back for a sensible sum of money.[/quote

Lost us goals? Really? Can you refresh me, because I am struggling to remember where he lost headers that cost us goals.

You won''t find many better deliveries of a ball from many other left backs. Pace is decent, not rip roaring, but not slow, and his nous helps a lot at key times

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Pretty sure someone said that if we stayed up and he played more than 25 games then we had to buy him at a pre agreed fee as a condition of the loan.[/quote]

Only if he wants to come I believe.

The tweet in question reads as "thank u to all of ncfc supporters for show me all ur support and sympathy! i really aprecciate it..."

The Spanish word "simpatía" means "fondness", "friendship", "friendliness", NOT "sympathy". It is a false friend that has been mistranslated by Garrido, who is not a native speaker of English. So he''s not saying "thanks for your commiserations", and the tweet sheds no light whatsoever on his potential transfer to us.

I thought as he played more than 25 times this season we are obliged to sign him as part of our agreement with lazio. Unless he does not want to join...

Jury is out for me, think there is better available but Garrido is no slouch and Tierney looks well down the pecking order. Would take him on for peanuts but would not pay over £3m for him.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Jury is out for me, think there is better available but Garrido is no slouch and Tierney looks well down the pecking order. Would take him on for peanuts but would not pay over £3m for him.[/quote]

Personally I would be very happy to have garrido sign perminatly, for me he has been similar to Russell Martin when he first joined... nothing spectacular, i haven''t noticed him in some games (as used to be said about Dennis Irwin at manure) we have to remember that he has been playing in system were full backs are instructed not to go beyond the ball most of the time, he''s been a pretty consistent performer in my view.

I heard the opposite today. Now that we are safe it is a done and he will be signing permanently!

Told me in the gym he will be signing if we stay up as he has played over 25 games.

Been great this season, no way would we get any better for the price we can get Garrido.

Sign him up please...

Honestly don''t understand the criticism he receives, he is a good player. Decent left sided players are hard to come by and Garrido has a great left foot and is a clever defender.

For the figure being quoted he is a bargain and I would be happy with him as starting left back next year.

If he left it would most likely mean us having to find two left backs as I can''t see Tierney being kept. Not the most outstanding of players but is certainly up to the task and I wouldn''t have a problem with him staying on, in fact it would be a loss if he was to leave.

Although I have at times been one of his detractors this season I would be delighted to see him sign a permanent deal. He may make the odd (horrendous) mistake but I do feel he does give it all for the cause.

If anything we need to be bringing in another quality left back not offloading the one we have.

OTBC

[quote user="grefstad"]If so, I wont be shedding too many tears. Garrido is OK, but found lacking in too many areas for me.
Lacks pace, small (lost quite a few far post headers this season which has cost us goals).
Would be a good backup though if we can find a better left back for a sensible sum of money.
[/quote]

I know everyone has an opinion but you really haven''t got a clue, have you?

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

quote user="grefstad"]If so, I wont be shedding too many tears. Garrido is OK, but found lacking in too many areas for me.
Lacks pace, small (lost quite a few far post headers this season which has cost us goals).
Would be a good backup though if we can find a better left back for a sensible sum of money.
[/quote

Lost us goals? Really? Can you refresh me, because I am struggling to remember where he lost headers that cost us goals.

You won''t find many better deliveries of a ball from many other left backs. Pace is decent, not rip roaring, but not slow, and his nous helps a lot at key times

[/quote]

Consistent, experienced, reliable, knows the game, sweet left foot. You would struggle to find much better.

[quote user="CDB"]Told me in the gym he will be signing if we stay up as he has played over 25 games.[/quote]

Sounds quite sure then lol

Having a left-footed player at left-back gives good balance. I like Whittaker a lot, but it''d be mental to keep only Whittaker when he has been injured a fair deal already for us. I can see Garrido signing plus another to replace Tierney. It would make sense. 2 at right-back, 2 at left-back

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="grefstad"]If so, I wont be shedding too many tears. Garrido is OK, but found lacking in too many areas for me.
[/quote]

I know everyone has an opinion but you really haven''t got a clue, have you?

[/quote]

Another of Webbo''s now infamous rantings. Garrido is ok, as I said, but not good enough

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

quote user="grefstad"]If so, I wont be shedding too many tears. Garrido is OK, but found lacking in too many areas for me.Lacks pace, small (lost quite a few far post headers this season which has cost us goals).Would be a good backup though if we can find a better left back for a sensible sum of money.[/quote

[/quote]

Well, Lukaks winner at WBA springs to mind, and there was a game at CR also where he lost a fairly easy backpost header which cost us. Cant remember the game now.

For me, he is consistent a 6/10 player. Not really good enough, but better than Tierney