Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Norwich Sign Striker

Norwich have signed young Luton striker Ollie Cole.

Apparently this signing and that of Tyler Reading are part of the deal whereby we agreed to lose to them in the FA Cup earlier in the season.

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town-hatters/town-starlet-moves-to-norwich-city-1-5090048

I assume this guy isn''t intended for our first team, just a prospect we can nurture in our academy?

[quote user="Stig"]I assume this guy isn''t intended for our first team, just a prospect we can nurture in our academy?[/quote]
He''s 15 so I would say it''s a fairly safe assumption he''s not been bought for the first team yet. Scored 11 in 18 playing 3 years above his age group, for Luton''s U18 side though so sounds like a decent prospect

I think your assumption is correct Stig seeing as he is only 14/15 years old.

Good to see us planning for the future though and he sounds like a kid with a lot of potential.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Stig"]I assume this guy isn''t intended for our first team, just a prospect we can nurture in our academy?[/quote]
He''s 15 so I would say it''s a fairly safe assumption he''s not been bought for the first team yet. Scored 11 in 18 playing 3 years above his age group, for Luton''s U18 side though so sounds like a decent prospect
[/quote]Are you sure he scored 11 goals in the under 18''s, and not in his age group, It just says he was a regular starter in the under 18''s league.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Stig"]I assume this guy isn''t intended for our first team, just a prospect we can nurture in our academy?[/quote]
[/quote]Are you sure he scored 11 goals in the under 18''s, and not in his age group, It just says he was a regular starter in the under 18''s league.

[quote user="N-City09"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Stig"]I assume this guy isn''t intended for our first team, just a prospect we can nurture in our academy?[/quote]
[/quote]Are you sure he scored 11 goals in the under 18''s, and not in his age group, It just says he was a regular starter in the under 18''s league.[/quote]
He was a regular starter for the U18 team this season. This season he scored 11 in 18 games. I''m putting 2+2 together so could be wrong, but it makes sense to me.