Sign in to follow this  
Jacks Back

Team for Man City game

Now that we''re safe, can we afford to give some game-time to some of the players who''ve been on bench all season?   (e.g.  Fox, Jackson, Surman etc)    A game at the Etihad would be a good boost for them, as many of them haven''t been given a chance under Hughton''s strict system.  Also should Bunn be put back in goal to reward him for his great service during Ruddy''s injury? 

I can see Bunn going back in gaol as a precaution perhaps but I can''t see any of the fringe players given a run out.

Hughton will want to go out there and get more points.

The reality is that a win could possibly put us 9 points clear and on paper make us look much more comfortable than perhaps some would have had us.

It is still possible for us to climb two places, although West Ham should win at home to Reading, although Stoke might struggle away to Southampton.

Hughton will want to try and finish at least in the same position as we are now in and that we finished in last season, or higher and on as many points as possible.

A win would put us on 44 points, 3 less than last season.

Personally, I wouldn''t weaken the side by playing the fringe players just because it is the last game of the season and we are safe. I''d go out there wanting a win, wanting to show a sign of intent for next season, knowing that this Man City side could be a little wobbly.

Has to be our best possible 11, the higher we finish the more money we get

Surman hasn''t been on the bench all season...

Well, maybe the injury bench...

Is he still injured?

What was his injury?

Is he even still on the planet?

Is he even real?

Same team with maybe a couple of the youngsters on the bench.

Players that are not in the managers future plans, well theres no time for sentiment and imo they shouldn''t be in the squad.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Surman hasn''t been on the bench all season...

Well, maybe the injury bench...

Is he still injured?

What was his injury?

Is he even still on the planet?

Is he even real?[/quote]

He did the lap of honour on Sunday so definitely still on the planet.

Whilst I understand the logic of a fringe player run-out, I think going away to Man City is not really the best opportunity to show what they can do. Would probably result in the final nail in the coffin for players like Fox and Butterfield if they went out and we ended up getting trounced.

I''d keep the same team, would be great for some of the Youth boys to travel, maybe even get one on the bench!

We need to have the best team out - for pride (stop being spanked), for monetary reasons - £700k for every position higher, - we could finish 15th or even 10th, so we need to get the best result we can.

Take the lads with the team, but I think that it is a risk on the bench, if they are called upon for injury, or whatever.

"Now that we''re safe, can we afford to give some game-time to some of the players who''ve been on bench all season?   (e.g.  Fox, Jackson, Surman etc)    A game at the Etihad would be a good boost for them, as many of them haven''t been given a chance under Hughton''s strict system.  Also should Bunn be put back in goal to reward him for his great service during Ruddy''s injury? " Are you mad, or just from Suffolk ?There is the possibility of us finishing in 17th or 10th place - the difference being £5.6 million in prize moneyDo you seriously think that McNally will ignore that amount to "give some game-time to some of the players who''ve been on bench"dear me, beggars belief

Would go with:

Bunn

Whittaker / R.Martin / R.Bennett / Garrido

E.Bennett / Howson / Johnson / Pilkington

Snodgrass

Holt

Bassong (my POTS) has clearly been playing through the pain barrier for some time, and I think he deserves a rest.

Also seems no point risking Ruddy when Bunn has done so well stepping in.

Tough to leave Wes out, but would love to see Snoddy in the hole. Think Bennett, Snodgrass and Pilks could be quite effective rotating between playing out wide and behind Holty.

Just my opinion...

We have to play strongest side as 3 points could mean 10th spot, Now I know its Man city next stop, but they have had a bit of a shake up and with the last few days here spirits are in Hypo so to speak, Man city will play a strong side so why should we make it easy for them.  

I agree with the bassong comments and not aggrevating his injury further.

My one experiment would be with Howson and playing in the advanced wes role - can he play that effectively as we suspect he could and leave less of a defensive whole in the middle - so I would go

Ruddy

Martin  Barnett Bennett Garrido

BJ    Tettey

Snodgrass   Howson  Pilkington

Holt