Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

Lets pick over the carcass of wigan

Kone? Yeah, i''d take him. Decent all round striker. Not the youngest, but if we can have him cheap he would provide valuable competition and knows the lone striker role well.

Mcarthur, Mcarthy, McManaman and Maloney worth a look too although i''d rather go abroad still.

Arouna Kone and Jean Beausajour for me. Kone is direct, takes players on and isn''t frightened to shoot. Beausajour would add decent competition for Garrido at left back and can also fill in on the left wing, especially if playing a more tight game (ie away against a big side). He also has a high number of assists for Wigan this season.

eh !do you really think our club is ran like that sorry mess at poorman road where fat jewell would be sat, feet up on the desk, flicking through the pages of the out of contract and unwanted players whilst poking a podgy finger and saying in his best Andy (and Lou) voice " I want that one"the players joining us have already been lined up long ago and have had the rule run over them in quite a bit of depth - from their ability, and potential down to their whole attitude and behaviourI hardly think that sort of in depth preperation is going to be adandoned simply because some club has been relegateddear me

Maloney would be great. Much needed competition for Hoolahan.

As for the others I''d take the winger but I can''t see it happening and I think the left back will end up in London.

Kone is not one I''d take, he wouldn''t be cheap anyway.

Maloney for me, quality player and probably the only one worth getting that won''t get nicked by a bigger club.

McManaman and McCarthy are both good young players with great potential but suspect will be snapped up by european pushing teams. If there is a chance i''d take both.

Wigan have been rightfully relegated but they are the only team of the 3 that has anyone i''d like to see playing for us both in terms of wages and ability, they didn''t win the FA cup by luck.

You reckon Whittaker would have been here if Rangers hadn''t imploded City1st? You have to take advantage of the changes in situations and remain flexible. How do you know that we haven''t been eyeing up summer targets from the potentially relegated teams months ago?

"You reckon Whittaker would have been here if Rangers hadn''t imploded City1st?" No. I never claimed that. That is you just making up stuff. With Rangers the problems at began long before Whittaker joined us and there were months and months in which the kind of preperations could be carried out, rather than this absurd idea that the club would sign someone simply because their present club had been relegated.

How do you know that we haven''t been eyeing up summer targets from the potentially relegated teams months ago?

No one (bar those who should) knows who the club has been ''eyeing up'', but it''s reassuring the see that you appear to accept that the club are ''eyeing up'' players well before they are signed.

Maloney is the only player I''d take from them.

Need to be wary of raiding relegated clubs. They were relegated for a reason.

Quite a strong initial reaction City1st, considering you admit yourself we could have been looking at players from possible relegation candidates for months. It''s not like Wigan were 6th until two months ago. And of course we''ve got the advantage of having played against and prepared for a lot of their players, so we know what we''d be getting anyway - unlike abroad where you''re going off scouting reports etc. and it may take longer to confirm they''re the type of player you want.

McManaman, McCarthy the main two I''d be interested in. I agree that raiding relegated clubs is not always a great idea, but let''s remember that Bassong was in a relegated Wolves side last year (albeit only on loan) and was relegated with Newcastle in his first year here (albeit being player of the season). Moral of the story - be wary, but sometimes there are gems in a relegated side.