Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

CITY COMPLETE GARRIDO TRANSFER

FOLLOWING his successful loan spell this season, Norwich City can confirm that Javier Garrido will join the Club permanently on July 1 for an undisclosed fee.

The 28-year-old Spaniard will sign from Lazio on a two-year contract, with an option to extend for a further year.

Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/j-garrido-signs-821593.aspx#mWBoqXUAhTDKwsKD.99

"really happy to join ncfc family with a permant deal! as my first day i promiss i will give my best for this shirt. thanks again. #otbc"

He just tweeted this, what a top guy. We need players like this...

Happy with the signing, but am I the only one who''s getting fed up of this ''undisclosed fee'' nonsense we''ve seen more and more of the past few years?Why is it so hard to be honest and say we''ve paid X amount of money to sign the guy, instead of all this cloak and dagger BS?

Delighted with this.  Decent left backs are hard to find.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Happy with the signing, but am I the only one who''s getting fed up of this ''undisclosed fee'' nonsense we''ve seen more and more of the past few years?Why is it so hard to be honest and say we''ve paid X amount of money to sign the guy, instead of all this cloak and dagger BS?[/quote]
I can''t for a second fathom why it''s an issue for you. By this point we know the club knows how to spend it''s money and when not to, so if you were just looking to have a moan- oh wait you did anyway.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Happy with the signing, but am I the only one who''s getting fed up of this ''undisclosed fee'' nonsense we''ve seen more and more of the past few years?Why is it so hard to be honest and say we''ve paid X amount of money to sign the guy, instead of all this cloak and dagger BS?[/quote]Why does it matter?If you''re that bothered you can find out how much we spent on players in the accounts.

Fantastic as mentioned earlier left backs are hard to find, we need stability at the back. Garrido on a two year is brilliant and dew can identify another if tierney is considered not good enough. I would happily keep him for cover if no other option is available.

But great to have a classy player of garrido''s ability at carrow road.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Happy with the signing, but am I the only one who''s getting fed up of this ''undisclosed fee'' nonsense we''ve seen more and more of the past few years? Why is it so hard to be honest and say we''ve paid X amount of money to sign the guy, instead of all this cloak and dagger BS?[/quote]Very few clubs disclose transfer fees these days because they only tell half the story. Most clubs facing financial difficulties at any given time will have had their own army of fag packet accountants finding ''black holes'' in their accounts and demanding to know "where''s the money gone?". Can''t blame them for being less informative about their finances.

Good news. Hopefully there are one or two contract extensions in the offing as well now that premiership status is confirmed.

[quote user="SYG"]"really happy to join ncfc family with a permant deal! as my first day i promiss i will give my best for this shirt. thanks again. #otbc"

He just tweeted this, what a top guy. We need players like this...[/quote]
Bumping this up as I love that tweet.
An accomplished player with exactly the sort of attitude we need in the dressing room.
OTBC

Steven Whittaker perfectly adequate as LB do we need another LB?

"Steven Whittaker perfectly adequate as LB do we need another LB?"

Not much use if Russell Martin gets injured and Whittaker has to cover for him as well.

We really need 2 players for each full-back position.