Sign in to follow this  

Do you reckon this season its too much for Wigan to pull off again.

Only played a fa cup final 3 days ago, probably haven''t

done any or little training.

If they loose today they''re relegated so a big game fr them but its also a big game for Arsenal.

YEP AND 1-0 DOWN ALREADY!

Thank god we aren''t relying on Wigan to lose, they may just do it and beat the gunners.HA HA HA HA would love to see them do it and then stuff Villa. Either way it''s going to be an exciting 2nd half both teams need to win and draw is no good to either.

DISALLOWED GOAL - Arsenal 1-1 Wigan

Wigan are suddenly rampant, Arsenal wobbling. The Latics have the ball in the net too, courtesy of James McCarthy, who is first to react to a blocked shot but he was offside when the initial ball was played in.

GREAT SAVE! - Arsenal 1-1 Wigan

Arsenal break forward and it is Wigan''s turn to wobble. It takes a tremendous double save from Joel Robles to deny Santi Cazorla, before Tomas Rosicky follows up to fizz an angled shot wide. There is an incredible tempo to this game at the moment.

4-1 nowand just as I predicted after 12 games that it would be 3 from the then bottom 5.

3 goals in 7 minutes has killed them now.Wigan are down - bye bye!

Can''t say I''m sad to see Wigan relegated, if they were as good as some people make out they wouldn''t be where they are.

I like whelan top man so sad for him, but he annoyed me earlier when he said they would be a top 10 team if they didnt have injuries.

Every club can say that, except QPR because they are p1ss poor full stop.

[quote user="clarkey1972"]I like whelan top man so sad for him, but he annoyed me earlier when he said they would be a top 10 team if they didnt have injuries.

Every club can say that, except QPR because they are p1ss poor full stop.[/quote]
And Ipswich, and Leeds, and Wolves [;)]

Can''t say I''m sad to see Wigan go down.

Still haven''t forgiven Martinez for his disgraceful comments after we beat them at Carrow Road.

Add in to that the pathetic way that Whelan and Martinez tried to justify McManaman''s horror tackle and you''ve got a club I''m happy to wave good bye to.

And heir pitiful away support for league matches ..230 at Carrow Road about the same as Hartlepool and Exeter brought in League One.

Didn''t look too many more tucked into one section of the away end

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="clarkey1972"]I like whelan top man so sad for him, but he annoyed me earlier when he said they would be a top 10 team if they didnt have injuries.

Every club can say that, except QPR because they are p1ss poor full stop.[/quote]
And Ipswich, and Leeds, and Wolves [;)]
[/quote]

It''s even funnier when one of those players is Watson . . . It''s not like he is top ten material or the player to turn their performancesaround.

It''s the story everyone likes about Wigan.

Whelan is their answer to Sugar. Young man whose career was cut short by injury who then grafted to make his fortune.

He then buys a small club and builds them into a Prem team.

All I see is a club beyond its means supported by a good man. Otherwise they are just another league one / two team.

"230 at Carrow Road "

and 30,000 at Wembley .... which is about twice what they get for home gamesotherwise -"a club beyond its means supported by a good man............ just another league one / two team"

won''t be missed

I don''t really have a problem with Wigan. I find it a bit ridiculous that people are bothered by their smaller fan base and size of the club.

In every league there''s going to be a team with the biggest fan base and the highest attendances and one with the lowest and everything inbetween.

And, with any club, when it''s successful then all of a sudden a few more fans will show themselves. Do Norwich City U18 games usually attract crowds of 20k? Of course not.

I also think people underestimate (are ignorant) to how difficult it is for them to compete in the Premier League when they always have to sell their best players. It''s something people use to criticise Martinez "if he''s so good when why are they always battling relegation?".

They''ve done bloody well to survive this long in the Premier League and winning the FA Cup is a tremendous achievement.