Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk canary

Who do you want to come in and out?

In: Curtis Davies, Nathan Redmond, Garrido, Garry Hooper, Bridcutt and that young Dutch lad we were linked with, the playmakerOut; C. Martin, Vaughan, Barnett, Jackson, Ward, Ayala, Camp

@Super Canary and @Indy_Bones

Just because you haven''t heard of them doesn''t mean you should diminish their abilty.

[quote user="Renskay"]@Super Canary and @Indy_Bones

Just because you haven''t heard of them doesn''t mean you should diminish their abilty.[/quote]

Only messing fella....well, sort of...dont want to be doing a QPR now, do we?

To be fair if that is your opinion, you are entitled to it, however you talk about Sinclair for ages to counteract my argument yet I never even mentioned him!

I take your point money does dictate football a lot these days, but be realistic is Bertrand wages really going to be that astronomical. For goodness sake, Lukaka went on loan to West Brom, have I overlooked something or have they won the football lottery?

Also, yes a very valid point Cole is getting on, but he is still England first choice Left back and arguably the best LB in the world still, is Bertrand going to replace him this season or even next and more to the point if Cole does leave then Chelsea may well bring in a marque signing to replace him. We can offer guaranteed regular football, week in week out.

Blackburn are loaded, since when?!!! As far as I am aware if the many rumours are to believed quite to the contrary, they are in dire straights, so I will have to politely disagree with you that they wouldn''t accept an offer.

I suppose the only comment in part that I agree with is about Will Hughes, but even then surely Norwich could get him on loan, you said this yourself?!

You mention Olsson in a later post, but why on earth would we want a defender from a team who couldn''t stop leaking goals in the premier league and then the championship plus Blackburn are loaded, aren''t they? Why would they accept an offer?

Callum McMannaman I totally agree with if Wigan go down, good player and eye for a goal, the only minor point for him was his horror tackle against Newcastle.

I think we will see some players coming in from outside the UK, all PL clubs are going to have more cash and competition for players like Sinclair, Wigan players if they go down etc will drive prices up to an even more unrealistic level IMO

The most important thing for us is the quality of our scouting network, the work they have been doing over the winter, what they will be doing over the next few months and of course the abilty of Mcnally to drive through a deal,there will be more Michu''s out there, we need to find them. I''m sure Hughton already has given a preliminary list to McNally, lets hope we see some success.

[quote user="Renskay"]@Super Canary and @Indy_Bones

Just because you haven''t heard of them doesn''t mean you should diminish their abilty.[/quote]Where have I said that they weren''t good enough???My point was simply that you were suggesting filling up the squad with a massive selection of foreign players!When there''s been so much focus in recent years on trying to develop homegrown talent and rules being put in place regarding this as well, it''s seems somewhat counter-productive to then suggest we completely ignore this and buy half the continent...especially when we''ve just won the FA Youth Cup with a side FULL of homegrown players!!!

I find the easiest thing is to have a look at the current squad and go through it methodically.

GK: Ruddy, Bunn, Rudd.

DF: Martin, Whittaker, Bassong, Turner, R.Bennett, Barnet, Francomb, Ayala.

MF: Snodgrass, E.Bennett, Howson, Johnson, Pilkington, Surman, Tettey, Hoolahan, Butterfield, Smith and Fox.

STR: Holt, Becchio, RVW, Vaughan.

Loan runs out: Garrido.

Out of contract: Camp, Tierney, Ward, Jackson, Steer, Rudd, Adeyemi.

All of these are based upon the stats on the pinkun site and the Norwich city site. So if I have anything wrong then its down to my poor choice of sources.

Being ruthless, I would say only the following are sure bets for next season, as in players that we''d want to keep and have in our squad:

GK: Ruddy, Bunn.

DF: Martin, Whittaker, Bassong, Turner, R.Bennett, Garrido.

MF: Snodgrass, Howson, Johnson, Pilkington, Tettey, Hoolahan.

STR: Holt, Becchio, RVW.

That''s not to say that the likes of Vaughan, Ayala, Butterfield and Surman may well be kept on, but could you really say any of those I have omitted would surprise you if they were not here?

17 players out of a possible squad of 25. Which means 8 slots available.

Here''s what I would do with 8 spaces:

DF: New CB and another LB. Low cost you could go for C. Davies (Brum) and M. Olsson(Blackburn) I could also be wrong but having been at Blackburn since 2006 I think he''d qualify as home grown.

MF: In reality I don''t expect both Surman and E.Bennett to go - however if they did we''d need two new wide players, and a CM.

STR: I''d like to think we''d go for having five strikers in a squad. I think anything less is playing with fire. An injury and a suspension would leave you a bit short. So we may look at bringing in two more, maybe one will be Vaughan? Who knows. I would hope that if they do bring in two, one will be another quality addition for this season, and the other to be a younger player from abroad who could develop over the season - preferably one with pace! We are rumoured to still be after Hooper.

That leaves one slot. And maybe that would go to Camp, if Rudd is allowed to move on, so that Steer can get out on loan again and progress him on.

[quote user="chicken"]That leaves one slot. And maybe that would go to Camp, if Rudd is allowed to move on, so that Steer can get out on loan again and progress him on.[/quote]I don''t get that logic Chicken.Camp is a VERY bog standard backup player who''s never going to be any better than he is at the minute, whereas Rudd is coming off the back of a very successful loan at PNE (and they want him back).If you were only going to keep one of them, then surely Rudd would get the nod based on his age and recent form?I agree with Steer needing a loan also to get some serious experience.

Becchio and Holt both showed Sunday that they could probably do a job next season,  so we shouldn''t be depending too much on RVW for goals.   I think one more winger who can put in a great cross is essential.  Maybe Elliot Bennett could be sold,  not really premiership quality.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="chicken"]That leaves one slot. And maybe that would go to Camp, if Rudd is allowed to move on, so that Steer can get out on loan again and progress him on.[/quote]I don''t get that logic Chicken.Camp is a VERY bog standard backup player who''s never going to be any better than he is at the minute, whereas Rudd is coming off the back of a very successful loan at PNE (and they want him back).If you were only going to keep one of them, then surely Rudd would get the nod based on his age and recent form?I agree with Steer needing a loan also to get some serious experience.[/quote]

So far as I can see Rudd is out of contract. Having got experience at Preston where he was playing regularly, he may want to play more footy. He is 22ish now, he can''t play 2nd or 3rd keeper for ever, at some point he must either be picked as first choice keeper or move on so that he can.

He may decide not to stay come the summer. Or, the club may decide that Steer is as good as him and a couple of years younger and let Rudd go. We did just sign another highly rated young keeper from Luton too.

It''s not all about ability, it''s also about what a player wants to do. If he is out of contract then he holds all of the cards at this point in time.

Even if he does stay, it''s likely he will want to go out on loan again rather than kick his heels.

[quote user="chicken"]So far as I can see Rudd is out of contract. Having got experience at Preston where he was playing regularly, he may want to play more footy. He is 22ish now, he can''t play 2nd or 3rd keeper for ever, at some point he must either be picked as first choice keeper or move on so that he can.[/quote]But Camp is out of contract as well, having only signed on a short term deal until the end of the season!Rudd may well want to play more first team football, but in truth there aren''t that many keepers at his age that play regularly in the higher levels of the leagues, nor do any of them have the England GK coach to help them develop...If Ruddy continues to play like he has then I can see another club coming in for him by the end of next season on a big money deal and that will leave a space to be filled (assuming we sell), whether or not Rudd might think this gives him a good shot at being that player (or at least no 2 to whoever it may be) is another question.All too often younger footballers want too much too soon, and especially in a position like GK, you have to be more patient than most. If he has any sense, he''ll not be in a rush to leave us just to get first team football in L1 or L2, but that will also depend on whether we offer a new deal...

Further to my last post as well, Rudd has yet again been selected for the England U21 squad - tell me again why we wouldn''t offer him a new contract and keep him on the books instead of Camp???

To be honest Indy, I think you are questioning me because of the fact I challenged you over your use of stats in another thread.

My logic isn''t that hard to understand, there is a long list of examples of players that have dropped down the leagues in search of regular football on which to build or rebuild a career. In terms of keepers, it''s not that unusual at all.

Jow Lewis did the same. Forster came to us on loan and perhaps would have been signed permanently if we had been able.

But lets just leave it to the player himself:

"The 22-year-old has made it clear that he needs to be playing regular first team football at this stage of his career.

“I obviously want to play football. No one in football wants to sit and watch every Saturday. Everyone wants to play,” he said. “If the opportunity was there (to stay at Preston) I would seriously think about it."

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/norwich_city_s_declan_rudd_named_in_england_s_under_21s_european_championship_squad_1_2192885

[quote user="chicken"]To be honest Indy, I think you are questioning me because of the fact I challenged you over your use of stats in another thread. [/quote]That''s a pretty rude, unfair and untrue accusation there pal [:(]We''re all allowed to have different opinions whether we agree or not.Personally I think Rudd is a better keeper already than Camp (if less experienced), has a good future ahead of him and would be the better player out of the two to receive a contract offer if only one was available.I''m sure Rudd would like to play regular first team football, but chances are he could get that by signing for us and going on loan again, rather than taking a big gamble and simply dropping down and hoping for the best. There''s no guarantee he''d start at PNE as he''d be in direct competition with Stuckman who was their POTS last year (or so I believe), and chances are they''d rotate to a certain degree.We will have to leave it to the player (and club to a certain extent), and all I''m saying is that if we have the choice, I''d rather have Rudd than Camp on a contract next season.

Fair enough.

But you are looking at it from a purely ''our'' point of view.

I''d also argue that if Rudd was already better than Camp, why is he not on loan to a Championship club?

Camp may not be a premiership goalkeeper but he has proven himself to be more than good enough at Championship level. He is very experienced and has played international football. All of that alone means that in some situations he is better than Rudd.

We may not keep either. We may keep both.

Steer is not that far behind Rudd at 20 (21 in September). And the issue the club starts to face is that you can''t promise two keepers a shot at being back up to the first choice keeper, and you can''t stop two players from going on to have careers. At some point, which will come sooner and sooner, they will have to plump for one or the other.

OUTS:

Rudd (loan)

Steer (loan)

J Murphy x 2 (loans 2 different clubs!)

Adeyemi (loan)

Francomb (loan)

Barnett

Tierney

Fox

Surman

E Bennett

Jackson

Vaughan

Korey Smith

Ayala

They are all who I expect to leave in the summer.

INS

RVW (confirmed obiviously)

Garrido (also confirmed)

I have a feeling we''ll be in for Nathan Redmond

+ 1 more lightening quick winger

1 quick striker

Attacking midfielder, (improvement on Hoolahan)

1 more Left back

1 Solid CM

1 CB

I have no ideas on the names of who we will be in for other than Redmond. I think there will be a mix of European players and Championship players. It will be interesting to see how the Summer pans out...