Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk canary

Who do you want to come in and out?

With Chris Martin going already there will no doubt be lots more movement over the summer who do you want to see come in and out? For me would be

Out

Tom Ademyi

Korey Smith (both good players but we are now on our 3rd season in the premiership and I think its just a step to far for these players)

James Vaughan - Never really settled here

Leon Barnett - Great championship player but i think we have seen the last of him

Elliot Ward- Contract is up

Simeon- Id like to see him stay but i think hes on his way

Marc Tierney - Good player but just doesnt seem to be trusted by Houghton

IN

RVW

Scott Sinclair - Maybe a step to far for us with his wage demands but can see him being available for around 5m would be a huge signing for us

Gary Hooper - Lots of debate if he would cut it in the EPL I''d like to see him here

Garrido - Permanent deal for him had a solid season although form tailed off towards the end of the season

Maloney - If Wigan go down he would be a great little player for us signed for Wigan for £850k at the end of 2011 value has certainly increased but hopefully a deal could be done

This would still leave us needing a couple of extra players an attacking midfielder and a couple of squad players. Thoughts?

[quote user="Norfolk canary"]With Chris Martin going already there will no doubt be lots more movement over the summer who do you want to see come in and out? For me would be

Out

Tom Ademyi

Korey Smith (both good players but we are now on our 3rd season in the premiership and I think its just a step to far for these players)

James Vaughan - Never really settled here

Leon Barnett - Great championship player but i think we have seen the last of him

Elliot Ward- Contract is up

Simeon- Id like to see him stay but i think hes on his way

Marc Tierney - Good player but just doesnt seem to be trusted by Houghton

IN

RVW

Scott Sinclair - Maybe a step to far for us with his wage demands but can see him being available for around 5m would be a huge signing for us

Gary Hooper - Lots of debate if he would cut it in the EPL I''d like to see him here

Garrido - Permanent deal for him had a solid season although form tailed off towards the end of the season

Maloney - If Wigan go down he would be a great little player for us signed for Wigan for £850k at the end of 2011 value has certainly increased but hopefully a deal could be done

This would still leave us needing a couple of extra players an attacking midfielder and a couple of squad players. Thoughts?[/quote]
I said earlier this season that he has a lot to give, unfortunately for him I don''t know where his chance will come from but given that chance I reckon he would surprise all.
In/Out - Butterfield... I''d say in, but again where is his chance going to materialise from? The premier league can be so unfair in this regard that some talent will go missing because it''s a gamble whether to try the other players.

Yeah it''s been a disapointing season for Butterfield, I''m hoping he has a good pre season and we get to see him next season as he came with a very good reputation!

If we are going to provide RVW with the service he needs to smash in a shed load of goal I honestly think we need to be stepping up the standards and looking at getting in players like Scott Sinclair .

Him and RVW would show a real intent to make the step up and hopefully we won''t have the relegation worrys next season.

I''m very positive about next season and feel CH second season could be amazing.

I''ve been saying for a while that i''d love Maloney and Sinclair here, would be fantastic signings but may be out of our reach in terms of wages. Although obviously none of us have no idea how much the club are willing to stretch our wage budget to.

Callum McMcmanaman would be a quality signing as well but due to his high profile performances other clubs bigger than us will be chasing him when Wigan go down.

I''d like to see Garrido here on a permanent basis with another left back coming in for competition. Another centre back too with Davies coming in maybe, giving us 4 quality centre backs.

Then maybe another midfielder to replace Fox, such as McCarthy or Bridcutt

Great post and one we can realistically speculate on now.

I think this is going to be a huge summer of transition with the list of ''out'' being potentially huge!

I would let leave all of the above plus Surman, Fox, and even Johnson (however controversial that maybe). These are all good players, but to go to the next level it has to be a bit ruthless of who leaves in my opinion.

I would bring in:

- Craig Dawson: I think you need competition all over the squad and a young player like this would be great plus we always seem to have injuries at centre back in recent seasons

- Bertrand: I think Garrido is a good squad player, but too inconsistent to command a regular starting place. Bertrand knows Norwich and clearly is a good footballer

- Townsend: the only player from QPR apart from Remy to come out of QPR with any credit. Young, hungry and very talented

- Will Hughes: the big clubs will be in for him I am sure, but we can offer him more regular football. An unbelievable talent

- Rhodes: scores goals for fun, would make the step up in my opinion 

The above would certainly cost a fair bit, but to crack on you have to spend and with a third season in the PL can we afford not to! All of the above players would be young, hungry, talented and add a lot of competition to the squad if not replace current first team members. In exchange we can offer first team football and ambition!

This is all very championship manageresque, but the fact alone we can talk about these ''types'' of signings means its exciting times to be a Norwich fan providing we play in the ''Norwich'' (passing and attacking) way!!! 

[quote user="Chirping Canary"]

Great post and one we can realistically speculate on now.

I think this is going to be a huge summer of transition with the list of ''out'' being potentially huge!

I would let leave all of the above plus Surman, Fox, and even Johnson (however controversial that maybe). These are all good players, but to go to the next level it has to be a bit ruthless of who leaves in my opinion.

I would bring in:

- Craig Dawson: I think you need competition all over the squad and a young player like this would be great plus we always seem to have injuries at centre back in recent seasons

- Bertrand: I think Garrido is a good squad player, but too inconsistent to command a regular starting place. Bertrand knows Norwich and clearly is a good footballer

- Townsend: the only player from QPR apart from Remy to come out of QPR with any credit. Young, hungry and very talented

- Will Hughes: the big clubs will be in for him I am sure, but we can offer him more regular football. An unbelievable talent

- Rhodes: scores goals for fun, would make the step up in my opinion 

The above would certainly cost a fair bit, but to crack on you have to spend and with a third season in the PL can we afford not to! All of the above players would be young, hungry, talented and add a lot of competition to the squad if not replace current first team members. In exchange we can offer first team football and ambition!

This is all very championship manageresque, but the fact alone we can talk about these ''types'' of signings means its exciting times to be a Norwich fan providing we play in the ''Norwich'' (passing and attacking) way!!! 

[/quote]I know we''re all on a high and that, but are you for real?We have no chance in all 3 of them nor Sinclair who people are mentioning. Forget wages alone for Sinclair (maybe even Bertrand), but we''re talking about players linked with the best clubs or already at the biggest clubs. Even if they''re not playing as much we''re not going to be their next step are we. Sinclair would more regular football at most other teams I reckon and Bertrand knows Cole is getting older (who has admitted himself that he doesn''t want to play much longer). Rhodes cost £8m from League One and Blackburn are loaded. Will Hughes is rated as the next big thing and will either stay at Derby and progress a while or go to a massive club even if it means being loaned out from them for a bit (or back to Derby)

Callum McMcmanaman will unfortunately get snapped up by a bigger club if Wigan go down I would think but would love to see Maloney here, top player, McCarthy worth a punt as well if we are raiding Wigan.

I pretty much agree with your outs but think you can add Fox, quite clearly not in the plans, butterfields on a long contract and is still young with great potential, 6 month loan if doesn''t impress pre season. I think Surman will be here, get the impression if he wasn''t injured may have been in the side more than we think. Garrido is pretty much a done deal now isn''t he?

I''m already excited about the transfer window. Tom Ince but again think we would almost certainly lose out to a bigger suitor. I''m hoping hughton picks up some attacking players as good as the new back four he gave us and most importantly we hold onto ruddy!

I''d quite like to see Nathan Redmond from Birmingham. Hughton knows him and he''s a very quick winger and only a year ago he was being linked with Man City.

I think Tierney, Ayala, Jackson and possibly Rudd will leave. I think Rudd only because he wants to get more regular football and with Bunn ahead of him I could see him leaving. If Rudd does go at least we have Steer as another youthful backup.

Aguerro, Yaya and McManaman that would be good for starters.

I think Townsend is a possibility. Maloney will probably be picked up by a better club if Wigan go down.

Barnett, Tierney, Fox, Ward and Jackson will leave. Surman and Butterfield are also possibilities. Although Butterfield hasn''t been given any chances yet in the Premiership he''s not really shone yet in the Championship since his injury, so it would be difficult to give him a place in the squad next season on present form. Its probably best to see how he gets on pre season.

Outs: Rudd, Camp, Barnett, Tierney, Adeyemi, E. Bennett, Butterfield, Surman, Jackson, Korey Smith, James Vaughan.

Ins: RVW, Matt Phillips, Garrido, Nathan Redmond, Gary Hooper OR Jordan Rhodes, Shaun Maloney, Curtis Davies.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Outs: Rudd, Camp, Barnett, Tierney, Adeyemi, E. Bennett, Butterfield, Surman, Jackson, Korey Smith, James Vaughan. Ins: RVW, Matt Phillips, Garrido, Nathan Redmond, Gary Hooper OR Jordan Rhodes, Shaun Maloney, Curtis Davies.[/quote]

Why spend so much money in the domestic league when Europe is so much better value? I can see Rhodes and Maloney easily commanding fees around £10m if a couple of clubs get involved in a bidding war, even last season when there wasn''t as much money in the TV deal players like Matt Jarvis and Steven Fletcher cost £10m+

Am I the only one who thinks Curtis Davies is not any bette than Barnett? Sorry but I would have said yes last season, but with our budget this year I would like one more decent CB better than Davies.

I keep saying it and again I will a bargain would be Kadlec, good replacement for Wes who as outstanding as he was this Sat, needing a similar player to push us on the that mid table established team, we would like to become.

As for the rest, well RVW is a statement by the club and I''m sure we will see some real quality.

As for Wigan, Kone would be a very good addition along with MacManamann would be nice but expensive.

I don''t really know whats reasonable to look at, This is our 3rd straights season the the PL and now with no debts and increased money from the new tv deal i have heard rumours of Hughton having 30 million to spend this summer. Everyone would of thought RVW was above us before we went and got him. We will need another forward to go with him though, 2 new wingers to provide competition for places, a creative midfielder. a Left back and a centre back at least.

The out list is going to be as long as your arm. Think Holt has played his last game at CR now. Surman, Barnet, Fox, Tierney, Smith, Vaughan, Jackson, Ward, Adeymi, Camp, Butterfield, probably more who i have forgotten about

Dont forget the kids in the cup final, two or three of them could take the step up as squad players next year.Davies from Birmingham is a certainty. Garrido I would like to think will stay, but we will need another left back as competition.Other than that it''s speculation city.  If Villa go down, the ones who are any good will go to big clubs (Benteke, Wiemann and Abonglahor for starters), Wigan, one or two we might pinch but they won''t need to sell.  QPR and Reading - nobody who would take us up a notch.I think Wolfswinkel proves we are looking worldwide now and a couple of real surprises will turn up!

In regards to the likes of Sinclair coming totally agree that the wages will probably rule us out but lets not forget that RVW has signed and there is no way we are paying him 20k a week so maybe there is more money available for wages now than we think. I would hazard a guess that Sinclair is on 60k a week at Man City and where that is almost certainly out of our budget he is desperatley unhappy at not playing and the offer of first team football may appeal to him more than money. I would guess RVW is on around 40k per week with us maybe 35k. I think Maloney would be on much less so maybe the more realistic choice, Tom Ince and Matty Phillips would be possibilities but would be very dependant if bigger clubs came in for them or not. We have more money now then we have ever had so now is the time to get a few players in who can really take us forward. Maybe a loan move for someone like Zaha If United think hes now quite ready for them yet hes done this season in the championship a season with a mid table prem side could be the next steo for him?

I would just love Abonglahor at City, he''s lethal for Vanilla and he would be here too.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Callum McMcmanaman Gary Hooper (Honestly think he would fit in really well)GarridoNew Left BackCurtis Davies

[/quote]This is fairly realistic and most likely to happen. McManaman will probably end up at Everton though or another team in top 6-8. I''d sign Garrido and another LB (Olsson?). I honestly haven''t seen Davies play in ages, but he''d most likely be a replacement for Barnett as Bassong is 1st choice with either Turner or Bennett who has been great after his recent run in the team (still only 23 too). I imagine Ayala is a goner tooI''d be happy with Hooper tbh who seems a terrier-type and could compliment RvW/Holt/Becchio quite well. Would love to see a pacey/hard-working striker up front like Kone as an option. Definitely need another CM for the 4-4-2 option to compete with Howson as well. McArthur has looked very good (about 25-26yrs old too) and obviously McCarthy, but he has been linked with the top teams so would be harder to get. Redmond has been linked. What about this Knockaert lad from Leicester? They are loaded so may command a big price for him though. Maybe look abroad? I heard talk of Lestienne in January

Outs; Camp, Barnett, Tierney, Fox, Surman, C Martin, Ward, Jackson

Ins; (LM) Bakary Sako, (LB) Javier Garrido, (LB) Gaetan Bong, (CB) Curtis Davies, (CM) Bibras Natkho, (AM) Josip Iličić, (ST) Philipp Hosiner, (ST) Ricky Van Wolfswinkel

I have few names to mention, but I think we need pace in most areas.

In my view we need a left back - I am not really convinced by Garrido, as he lacks pace and backs off. We may therefore need two, as Tierney seems to be on his way out.

We need a central defender to supplement Bassong, Turner and Bennett

We need 2 passing midfielders who can also tackle and shoot - Johno can''t pass, and  Tettey seems to have faded, neither are effective in shooting.)

We need 2 strikers, at least, because I think that we may play 4-4-2 more often, once the midfield is sorted out. (Jacko and Vaughan will follow Martin out of the door.)

We need a left winger, partly because Pilks seems to have become more injury prone. A new winger could allow Pilks to rest occasionally. In the same way Bennett should replace Snoddy sometimes to allow Snoddy to regain his energy, which I think may explain the times when he didn''t reach his own high standards.

I would keep Surman for his touch and sublime passing, because we need to be able to feed RVW and his fellow strikers, and because he can play on the left. I would let go Tierney, Barnett, Korey, Adeyemi, Rudd (if we keep Bunn), Francomb

I think to sign real quality players where I feel we need someone will cost too much, so perhaps we have to be content with two or three really good players in the central spine, and add more twelve months from now!

I agree with the majority of the above message.....how ever, another centre back? We have Bassong, Turner, Bennett, Ayala coming back and Russ Martin can play there. And defensively we havent been that bad. We need to focus on our weaknesses, going forward.

Heres what I want.

OUT:- HOLT (stop hanging on to the good season he had last season. The blokes a donkey and has had 3 or 4 half decent performances. Hes past it, let him go!)

ADEYAMI

RUDD

TIERNEY

JACKSON

WARD

SURMAN

IN:-

VAN GINKLE

HOOPER

SINCLAIR ON LOAN (for those who think we can get him permanantly, wake up, his wages are ridiculous)

GARRIDO

MALONEY

and a decent centre mid to replace Johnson who is hot and cold more frequently than my shower.

[quote user="Watch The Birdie"]I would just love Abonglahor at City, he''s lethal for Vanilla and he would be here too.[/quote]

Buddy, were you asleep when u wrote this? Why/how the hell would he a) want to sign for us? B)where are we going to get £40, 000 a week from....... some people need to stop thinkin football manager and start thinking reality. Next post is likelyto say how we should sign Kaka or Iniesta!

[quote user="Renskay"]Outs; Camp, Barnett, Tierney, Fox, Surman, C Martin, Ward, Jackson

Ins; (LM) Bakary Sako, (LB) Javier Garrido, (LB) Gaetan Bong, (CB) Curtis Davies, (CM) Bibras Natkho, (AM) Josip Iličić, (ST) Philipp Hosiner, (ST) Ricky Van Wolfswinkel[/quote]

You forgot Ima fanciforren-naim

[quote user="Renskay"]Ins; (LM) Bakary Sako, (LB) Javier Garrido, (LB) Gaetan Bong, (CB) Curtis Davies, (CM) Bibras Natkho, (AM) Josip Iličić, (ST) Philipp Hosiner, (ST) Ricky Van Wolfswinkel[/quote]Jesus, That would make even Redknapp''s infamous ''league of nations'' team in the mid 90''s with players like Răducioiu, Futre and Lazaridis, seem postitively ''homegrown'' in comparison...