Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Emmanuel Frimpong...

''Norwich set to sign Emmanuel Frimpong on a free transfer from Arsenal''

Anyone else heard this rumour?...

Doubt there is anything to it at this point, but interesting if true.

It would be one position covered, providing competition to Tettey and Johnson. The kid has talent, he''s still only 20/21 and he''s free. He''s strong, mobile, aggressive with good distribution (not great distribution... yet). He is a little reckless, which gets him the occasional red card.

However, the big issue with Frimpong is his injury record. It is abysmal and he has only made something like 26 professional appearances in his career (could be wrong about that). But, because he''s so young, its still possible that he''ll simply grow out of it.

Would be a risk, but Hoots could get the best out of him, if he thinks he''s over the worst of his injuries. And, as a free agent, it would be one position covered without spending a penny from this summer''s war chest.

2 fairly serious cruciate ligament injuries in a short time. Injuries like that usually aren''t something you grow out of, they''re injuries which keep recurring and make you retire early.

Decent enough player, not sure he''d add all that much to our side anyway to be honest, not the sort of midfielder I think we need to be going after (BJ and Tettey do that job, need a ball playing sort) and his injury record would scare me off well and truly.

Jol was saying they''d probably sign him and that he''s sure he has a very bright future ahead of him. I rate him quite highly after watching him a few times and especially for Wolves when they went down - he was doing great and got some weird injury (eye injury or something). Still only 21 I think and he''d be relatively risk-free on as he''s out of contract I think in summer.Can''t see any genuine links to him though and as I said, he''ll probably stay at Fulham or in London somewhereHe''s much better going forward than Tettey and Johnson too. Compared more to Alex Song at the Arse

Not sure if CH would be after an anjury prone player. Vaugan looked our best striker in the pre-season yet Hoots shipped him out probably due to injury concerns.

Assuming he stayed injury free, he''d be an excellent young addition to the squad to provide competition for both the DM and CM roles, especially on a free to boot.

If he comes on a free, all we risk is his salary for one year plus.  It is not such a big gamble as buying an injury-free player for £6m, and then he does fit in, or he is injured.

Much would depend on the kind of salary he would want, but at £30k a week it could be worth the gamble.