Sign in to follow this  
charlies dad

todays list of possibles in the EDP.

Chris Lakey has done a piece today in the EDP. A list of 11 possibles to get us out of The championship. All available on Bosmans. All completely garbage. You got One thing right Chris, this shower would guarantee to get us out of the championship.

Totally agree C D. I couldnt believe what I was
reading. Koumas maybe but the rest as you say, garbage.
None of them fit to lace the boots of the players we already have.
A shocking column.

I think his last paragraph sums it up:

"So there you have it, the answer to every City fan''s dreams. The team to get City out of the Championship - although we can''t promise which end they will finish up at."

Too bloody right they can''t with that team!   The only player I would mind us having would be Liam Miller.  That''s it. 

Most are garbage (anyone else see Scowcroft for Ippo reserves - truly appalling) but Nicky Forster has some merit as a third choice striker but does appear to be past his best,  Johannson has prem experience  and at the right price may be OK; Koumas may give us some ability where we desperately need it but is not worthys type committment wise. 

For a season long loan I''d rather go for Bentley or Justin Hoyte...

OTBC

Sounds a bit tongue in cheek to me. Would like to see Gillespie here though as he is a friend of a friend!! Also, Liam Miller would be ideal for a scrap in the Championship, not exactly in Fergie''s thinking is he?

[quote]Totally agree C D. I couldnt believe what I was reading. Koumas maybe but the rest as you say, garbage. None of them fit to lace the boots of the players we already have. A shocking column.[/quote]

I don''t think it was intended to be taken seriously...

Reading through this article, It does puzzle me how a player who has been well known as a right winger or a centre midfielder in his career in Steve Stone is seen to solve our right back problems sort of sums up the article. Again the only players I wouldn''t mind is Liam Miller who''s probably out of our reach and Koumas who''s tempermant is questionable.  

Absolutely agree - a total waste of newsprint but....how many of us have NOT been doing exactly the same?! I have just discovered a diamond right winger from the Ethiopian second division......and a 6''11" defender from Romanian Conference side Vaslui Rovers..and.....

I''d happily take Liam Miller off Fergie''s hands for a year. These are the type of loan signings that Worthy should be going after. Quality players, sitting on the fringes of the Big guns, just waiting for a chance.

Koumas is too much of a gamble with his temperament. He''s a bit of a card that one.

Whatever happened to our supposed interest in Michael Chopra from Newcastle? He''s a good wee player that lad.