Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

I disagree Grant...

[quote user="Militant Canary"]City1st.

I can''t help but feel you are being too kind to the players and too harsh on the management.

In no way does Hughton encourage a team to be negative or overly defensive - ask Newcastle fans. The fact that the players have been too passive in a number of games is down to them. Once they cross that white-line, its on them (Lambert said that once after a bad game).

Surely, the way Hughton has been at the side-line screaming his head off trying to get them to get stuck in is evidence enough of that?

Yes, Hughton wanted them to play a little differently. Not attack, attack, attack. But these are professionals and should have the cognitive capacity to comprehend more than one playing style.

Besides which, look at the Sunderland games, the Spurs games among others. We were very positive, but got unlucky. Over the course of the season, that had an impact on the players. Situations occur in a game that made them think "this isn''t our day".

Sunday was different. Personally, I think Hughton told them exactly what they needed to hear - go out and prove you deserve to be here.

But, the real turning point was the second goal. We haven''t had luck like that all season. Usually, that sort of thing has gone against us. They thought "its our day" and played like they believed they could win.

All this nonsense aside, why are there so many people unwilling to either enjoy this week, or perhaps admit they were wrong about Hughton?

What do you do if we do really well next season? Call me crazy, I doubt there will be many holding there hands up and admitting their mistake.[/quote]

I''m not really sure what your point is, or that you do either  so perhaps I will have to agree with your own comment regarding your post "All this nonsense aside" and ask you how you know that there are those not enjoying this week ? You don''t, you have nerely made it to try and deflect from comments being made.  Why not accept it, it is a forum and when the club captain makes quite a ''contentious remark comment will follow ... as you have done. Should we assume that you are unhappy because you have commented on here ?

User: Militant Canary: Its not down to Hughton, its down to the players. And why is it down to the players?

-------------------------------------------------------

Total dirge... It is completely down to our tactics in comparison to where is could otherwise be if we played in a more positive way. As you know, the manager signs the players. We have better players than last season (although Lambert''s squad certainly showed its quality in the game against WBA).

Of course on the flipside, our defensive record is better than last season. Hardly surprising again as we don''t push players forward as often.

What is the point of a manager if he cannot impact games? Dismal.

I have stated my position enough times, I do not want Hughton gone. But I reserve the right to criticize what I see as poor tactics and a negative attitude from our cautious manager.

Holty has scored the same amount of goals as Andy Carroll this season, people rave about Carroll still.

Couldn''t disagree with you more Can u sit down please.

Newcastle had talent, no doubt. But, getting those titan egos to work together and click is in itself a challenge most managers are not up to.

He got Barton to play well and selflessly. Redknapp, who has a bigger reputation, didn''t bother trying.

And Newcastle were a mess, likely to self-destruct at any moment. He fixed them and helped them rebuild from a solid base - a base that Pardew is now despoiling.

He also bought Hatem Ben Arfa and Tiote. Just saying.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Couldn''t disagree with you more Can u sit down please.

Newcastle had talent, no doubt. But, getting those titan egos to work together and click is in itself a challenge most managers are not up to.

He got Barton to play well and selflessly. Redknapp, who has a bigger reputation, didn''t bother trying.

And Newcastle were a mess, likely to self-destruct at any moment. He fixed them and helped them rebuild from a solid base - a base that Pardew is now despoiling.

He also bought Hatem Ben Arfa and Tiote. Just saying.[/quote]Mark Hughes got rid of Barton. Ben Arfa & Tiote came when in teh Prem, but i agree. Fantastic signings.He did help the squad harmony, i cant deny that. Why have some of our players suggested to the coaches when on the bench to go more attacking, but were instantly dismissed?Were they unhappy?

I think the idea that the WBA result only came about because of a mutiny by the players against the manager''s preferred way of playing is, erm, an intersting one.

CH certainly didn''t look like a man who had been roundly ignored by his players in the post match interview.

If Holt is driving up and down between Norwich and Carlisle on his days off when he should be resting, then I wouldn''t be surprised if it has a negative impact upon his energy levels.

[quote user="a1canary"]

I think the idea that the WBA result only came about because of a mutiny by the players against the manager''s preferred way of playing is, erm, an intersting one.

CH certainly didn''t look like a man who had been roundly ignored by his players in the post match interview.

[/quote]Whereas the evidence on the day suggests otherwise, even without taking the player comments into account - or even his own comments after the win at home to Everton.Still, if what you say is true then with Hughton admmitting he was getting it wrong and so changing things round there might still be hopethough it still doesn''t explain Holt''s comments both today and after the game - both made AFTER this supposed about turn.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

You know his family weren''t actually down here in his first season right?

If his girls didn''t settle then it''s right for them to go back up North.

As he proved Sunday, he''s far from finished. Still a hugely important player for us on and off the pitch, we''d be mad to get rid of him unless he wants out.

[/quote]

Having moved with a family, I don''t think it would be young children not settling.

[quote user="a1canary"]

[/quote]

That''s certainly one way of putting it !!

CJF:

Yeah, I''m not really making much sense today - spoken or written. My sentencs are jumbled and my spelling atrocious.

Too tired. Now working nights, but struggling to sleep during the day, so come on here.

Basically, I''m not articulating myself very well and I apologise for that.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"] I don''t think there is a rift, I just think McNally and Hughton get it badly wrong when it came to signing a striker. I genuinely think last August and last January they didn''t know what to do. They panicked and got Kane, Kamara and Becchio.[/quote]

CH and DMcN are "calmness personified". The prospect of seeing them panicking, not knowing what to do, and therefore end up loaning / buying random strikers is an image that I find wildly hilarious [:D]

As to GH - I think he could well blossom again once RVW is in place (an improved version of the early days with SM).

More importantly, I think that GH''s leadership qualities have been recognised and appreciated by the management team. We are blessed with having a number of leaders in the squad, but we need someone to unify that on the field of play, and I think that he has the respect of the other "leaders" in the squad.

I think the role GH has been asked to perform this season has made him somewhat unhappy, we really need a happy GH. Hence I think that RVW will lighten the load on GH''s shoulders and help put that "happy swagger" back into his game.

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]The comment i made after the game was that it seemed as if Lambert was in the dugout on Sunday the way we played.

H[/quote]

..except we got a clean sheet as well

"a1canary"I think the idea that the WBA result only came about because of a mutiny by the players against the manager''s preferred way of playing is, erm, an intersting one.

Tend to agree. It does seem like some bs made up just to have some extra ammo against an unliked manager.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Too much rubbish about holt having to change his game. He''s played on his own upfront loads pre Hughton. He simply has not had his head in the right place which has resulted in a lack of desire and poor performances. No excuse I''m afraid.[/quote]

And too much rubbish in that post. Holt has played on his own up front (however not loads) and has not been half the player he is when paired with someone. It''s just this season he''s been on his own pretty much every game so yes he has had to change his game as he would''ve known early on that one up front was going be a way he''d have to adjust or be dropped

[quote user="Herman "]It does seem like some bs made up just to have some extra ammo against an unliked manager.[/quote]I think you''ll find that most ''anti-Hughton'' posters (such as myself), actually like the guy for who he is, just not for the football that''s being played or the questionable tactics/subs at times...

"It does seem like some bs made up just to have some extra ammo against an unliked manager."

yep, it was not Snodgrass or Holt on Radio Norfolk it was me, doing impressions (something the producer and presenters are quite happy with0.It is not Grant Holt''s comments in the Pinkun today, it was me again (somthing the Pinkun allowed me to do)And what happened on the pitch at CR on Sunday did not really happen, it was all made up by me, as why the footage shown on MOTD ... which was put together with the same chap who as a young lad helped me mock up the supposed moon landings in a gravel pit near Kings Lynn. Thankfully we have improved and I''m sure it was only dear old Herman who spotted that none of it was real.Rather a lot of folk who would have to be in on Herman''s theory, but there you are ... that is often the way with such folk.

ps stay tuned as within a couple of weeks or so I shall be doing an impersonation of David McNally denying their is any rift within the club -- this will be spot on as I doubt te board would condone the kind of hoaxes Herman would have us all believe are a daily occurencethey are watching us aren''t they Herman ?

Bloody hell City 1st, you can whistle up a conspiracy theory out of virtually nothing!

People reading too much into things to suit their agendas. City 1st should have joined Wiz in his Hughton-out campaign instead of barracking him.

Ps if you took any notice of the football you would have seen us playing similar to our last few homes, only this time the opposition didn''t give a toss and we really punished them for that attitude.

Conspiracy loons. Tut, tut.

Jeez

After the Fulham result didn''t garrido and bassong come in as our defence and midfield crumbled in a way that looked disastrous with the way we intended to play. During our winless streak at the start of the season, when none of us saw an answer. Hughton came to the conclusion after the Liverpool result we had to change the way we played.

Even with tactics quality players can have their moments where they show their quality our boys didn''t. Holty was not good for a string of games at all. For me he proved why an extension on his contract was not worthwhile. We have him for two years, rvw will be a starter and hopefully we can get another striker, quality attacking midfielders and holty can walk away as a recent legend. He will not get the money he is on at the moment with only a few clubs who can afford that in need of a 32 year old striker.

Afraid this season many of his supporters on here of talked of fitness issues and his lack of drive. I think it just proves why when he through his toys out of the pram we knew we had to get strikers in to replace him. Remember lambert brought in Vaughan and Morison to give him that competition and holt rose well there. This season however he is a shadow and I worry he will be here and not play enough again on big wages. Those wages can go on another player in my eyes.

He is very good at deflecting the decision away from him.