Sign in to follow this  
ncfc forever!

Hughton Out Idiots

Anyone who thinks our manager, Chris Hughton, should be sacked this summer, has got a serious lack of any football knowledge/common sense in general.

Here''s why...

a) Hughton has managed to keep us up! Our main goal at the start of this season was to stay in the league, and he has done it. Sure, it wasn''t as comfortable as it was looking like it was going to be at Christmas time, but still, we are up, and that''s all that matters.

b) He has kept the club in a very good situation financially. We have hardly spent any money compared to other teams such as Q.P.R who have probably spent 10x what we have, and they have still been relegated. As a result of our low spending, debts will be cut, a expansion of Carrow Road will probably take place. This has such a massive impact on our long term future, the bigger picture. No debt and a bigger ground will benefit our football club so much, I don''t think anyone realises it. If we done a Q.P.R, even if we stayed up, we would have no long term plans, and eventually things would turn very sour.

c) There are no better managers to replace him. I could understand some people calling for his head if some managerial God was waiting for the call to manage us, but there is nobody. Martin o''Niell? Passed it. Steve Bruce? No thanks. Iain Dowie, don''t even mention it. There is literally nobody better than Hughton to take over. Mark Hughes? Just look at what he done to QPR, do you want that to be us?

So yes, he doesn''t play the best football in the league, but he has our football clubs interests at heart, and he still gets the job done. Next year, we''ll have van whats his face, and hopefully a couple of others. (I would love Shaun Maloney personally, if Wigan go down) Ruddy will be back. Things will be sitting pretty.

So please, moaners of our football team, give the guy a break and get a bit of common sense.

I didn''t think there were quite enough threads on this subject, thanks for starting another one. Still not sure, perhaps you could start a couple more? Just to be safe.

Either that or enjoy the Yooof!

I was thinking about creating a post about McNally. I think special recognition should be given to McNally..

I personally feel that survival this season, has to be considered a success. Whilst Lambert was that magic rabbit out of the hat, Hughton is a good/solid manager.

When was the last time, we had a successful back to back management. Stringer to Walker??

oh dearthere is this disturbing thought that this is not a massive send up of the usual witless guffhowever if it is then the " kept the club in a very good situation financially" is hilarious as is the joke about us supposedly not spending so allowing us to pay off debts (rather than it being the other way round)however the QPR stuff should have fixed the figure at about 50 times so as to maximise the effect

I think the clue is in the number of posts put up since he registered 5 years ago

[quote user="City1st"]I think the clue is in the number of posts put up since he registered 5 years ago

[/quote]

You mean you''ve got to have more than 6,500 to know what you''re talking about?

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="City1st"]I think the clue is in the number of posts put up since he registered 5 years ago

[/quote]

You mean you''ve got to have more than 6,500 to know what you''re talking about?

[/quote]err noit means you are using a little used login rather than being accountable under one of your usual login names

(but well done for trying)

Right here we go then...

I can understand the ''main goal'' to stay up but that doesn''t mean we shouldn''t improve. Our points tally has not improved this season, our football has not improved this season and our goals scored has not improved this season. The only thing that looks like it has improved this season is the defense, (although with Man City still to play that improvement may become negligible). You are also forgetting that without that 10 game winning run we were absolutely dreadful, all that 10 game run did was to is paper over the cracks.

2) I don''t give a damn about how much other clubs spend. Money does not equal quality. And any manager would have had the same budget to work with, Hughton has no say on the financial running of the club.

3). There are better managers out there. You''ve just rattled off a load of crap washed up ones. What about Roberto Di Matteo? Rene Girard?

4) We finally agree on another thing. He certainly doesn''t play the best football in the league, in fact we have played the worst football in the league for the vast majority of the season.

Whilst I remain unconvinced by Hughton because of his negativity (listen to his post match interviews, always happy to settle for a draw) I am willing to give him 6/10 games next season. The signing of RVW and RVW''s subsequent comments makes me hope that the improvement we all crave comes next season. If we stand still in the Premier League we will go backwards and next season that will probably mean relegation.

op for god sake you can''t just go round making up threads like this with a mere 10 posts to your name, and talking finances as well ? who the heck do you think you are ? i bet you have never been to an agm in your life have you ? you have to serve your time on here buddy and any views like that have to be hidden in a 20 page thread where you may get a pat on the head after a few "great post  mate" comments to a few of the top boys on here.. now run along and stop wasting peoples time... OTBC

[quote user="The Walking Man "]Right here we go then... I can understand the ''main goal'' to stay up but that doesn''t mean we shouldn''t improve. Our points tally has not improved this season, our football has not improved this season and our goals scored has not improved this season. The only thing that looks like it has improved this season is the defense, (although with Man City still to play that improvement may become negligible). You are also forgetting that without that 10 game winning run we were absolutely dreadful, all that 10 game run did was to is paper over the cracks. 2) I don''t give a damn about how much other clubs spend. Money does not equal quality. And any manager would have had the same budget to work with, Hughton has no say on the financial running of the club. 3). There are better managers out there. You''ve just rattled off a load of crap washed up ones. What about Roberto Di Matteo? Rene Girard? 4) We finally agree on another thing. He certainly doesn''t play the best football in the league, in fact we have played the worst football in the league for the vast majority of the season. Whilst I remain unconvinced by Hughton because of his negativity (listen to his post match interviews, always happy to settle for a draw) I am willing to give him 6/10 games next season. The signing of RVW and RVW''s subsequent comments makes me hope that the improvement we all crave comes next season. If we stand still in the Premier League we will go backwards and next season that will probably mean relegation.[/quote]

To be fair, this season was always going to be harder than last, we were already on a downward spiral towards the end of PL''s tenure, a lot of teams haven''t "improved " this season, the midtable is ridiculous, so many clubs within 3 points of each other. The ten game run didn''t paper over any cracks, you are judging us on the last 20 games not over the season, over the season we have proved we are a midtable team, midtable shows stability which is what we need to achieve.

And you are talking utter rubbish about him being negative in post match interviews, Lambert constantly used to say "If you can''t win a match, make sure you don''t lose it", I can never once remember you holding that against him? If Hughton said that some on here would crucify him.

Di Matteo is a good manager? Strange that nobody has gone in for him..... average manager and wouldn''t do well at a club like Norwich.

End of the day, we have put together a squad which is probably the cheapest in the premier league with one of the smallest wage budgets and Hughton has got us in to a comfortable mid table position, you cannot expect a consistant improvement without being able to fiancially compete.

Your expectations are to high and I find it strange that you can''t see how Hughton has done a good job

[quote user="ellis206"]To be fair, this season was always going to be harder than last, we were already on a downward spiral towards the end of PL''s tenure, a lot of teams haven''t "improved " this season, the midtable is ridiculous, so many clubs within 3 points of each other. The ten game run didn''t paper over any cracks, you are judging us on the last 20 games not over the season, over the season we have proved we are a midtable team, midtable shows stability which is what we need to achieve.[/quote]I absolutely love the ability to completely contradict yourself in this paragraph.You say that people are judging Hughton on the last 20 games of this season

rather than over the full season, and that''s EXACTLY what you''ve just

done by claiming we were going downhill under Lambert towards the end of last season,

whilst conveniently forgetting the excellent results acheived before it (and it

was still more successful than this season over those last 20 games)!!!If you thought it was going to be a harder season this year because a ''downwards spiral'' at the end of last season indicated it would be, well what do you think our run of games after Xmas is going to indicate for our chances next year then - certain relegation???

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="ellis206"]To be fair, this season was always going to be harder than last, we were already on a downward spiral towards the end of PL''s tenure, a lot of teams haven''t "improved " this season, the midtable is ridiculous, so many clubs within 3 points of each other. The ten game run didn''t paper over any cracks, you are judging us on the last 20 games not over the season, over the season we have proved we are a midtable team, midtable shows stability which is what we need to achieve.[/quote]
I absolutely love the ability to completely contradict yourself in this paragraph.

You say that people are judging Hughton on the last 20 games of this season rather than over the full season, and that''s EXACTLY what you''ve just done by claiming we were going downhill under Lambert towards the end of last season, whilst conveniently forgetting the excellent results acheived before it (and it was still more successful than this season over those last 20 games)!!!

If you thought it was going to be a harder season this year because a ''downwards spiral'' at the end of last season indicated it would be, well what do you think our run of games after Xmas is going to indicate for our chances next year then - certain relegation???
[/quote]

It wasn''t a contradiction at all, it was an observation, we were on a downward spiral at the end of last season, that continued in to the first few games of this season, we found stability and then struggled again.

It is hard to say how we''ll do next season, it really depends on who we bring in this summer, last summer we spent next to nothing compared to our rivals, realistically we are punching above our weight, even our nearest rivals have spent a lot of money compared to us. Hopefully this summer it''ll be different though as we are now debt free so will be able to put a larger % of our income back in to the playing budget.

For the last 2 weeks we''ve had Villa and Lambert rammed down our throats by the pantwetters, we are, and have been above them for most of the season, so answer me this, have Villa and Lambert massively underachieved due to the 100m plus squad they have? Or have we over achieved with the minimal money we have had to spend?   

If its the former then why are people still worshipping Lambert? If its the latter then why is Hughton getting slated for the stupidest things???

25 points after xmas last year including wins at Swansea, Spurs & Qpr. Draws against Arsenal and Chelsea and home wins against Wolves & Villa. Not bad for a dowward spiral.Id say the only "no show" was Blackburn away.Yes we got stuffed by Man City, but for 75 mins we matched them. I''ll never forget that game as everyone stayed and applauded the effort that the players put in to it.The end of Lambert''s tenture was rubbish myth, strikes again.

"we were on a downward spiral at the end of last season"

absolute bollox ! ! !check the resultsthe last quarter - 1.2 points per game = 47 points over the seasonthe last third - 1 point per game = 38 pointsthe last half -  1.3 points per game = 50 pointseven at 38 points we would not have been relegatedand this conjured up downward spiral had us beating Spurs and drawing with Arsenal, both awayI would hardly consider 4 points from the last two games a ''downward spiral'' either

"last summer we spent next to nothing compared to our rivals .......  even our nearest rivals

have spent a lot of money compared to us."
more old bollox, only this time imagine old bolloxyou have no knowledge what was spent last summer as we and other clubs have not published their accounts for that periodyou are simply making up stuff then adding absurd projections,  without taking any other factors into account whatsoever

Please - just because I have ten posts to my name doesn''t mean I can''t post my opinion? I don''t have enough time to post as much as I would like, but please don''t hold it against me. As for the whole ''finance thing'' I''m no genius but you don''t have to be to realise that less outflows and more inflows (greater ticket revenue once we expand) = a bigger profit. And FYI, I''ve been to my fair share of AGM''s, so don''t say things before you know my situation.

And the whole ''pat on the head'' thing? Really? Don''t patronise me.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

err no

it means you are using a little used login rather than being accountable under one of your usual login names

(but well done for trying)

[/quote]

All this technical cleverness. It''s all far too much for me. What a load of complete s***e

Are you telling the truth ncfc forever! ? City 1st says it means you are using a little used login rather than being accountable under one of your usual login names. With 6,500 + posts, he clearly knows what''s what. Have you been found out?

Blimey, that''s 3 large bollox you have there, City1st! Perhaps you should see a doctor.

We don''t have any definitive facts concerning the expenditure of the clubs over the summer, that''s certainly true. Which kind of begs the question how you can write-off the statement with such certainty, doesn''t it?

Anyway, I don''t think it''s outrageous to suggest that many of the clubs around us spent considerably more than us in the summer. QPR''s multi-million pound splurge is well documented, and we know teams like Sunderland and West Ham paid hefty amounts on certain individuals.

Besides, what we also have to take in to account is the wage comparison between clubs. Norwich almost certainly has one of the lowest wage expenditures of the Premier League (probably in the bottom three I imagine). We have the figures from the 2011/12 campaign, and I can''t imagine they drastically altered after the summer. Perhaps increased somewhat, but probably in line with other clubs.

If you would like to refute this then feel free. Just don''t subject us to any more of your bollox, please.

[quote user="ellis206"]

For the last 2 weeks we''ve had Villa and Lambert rammed down our throats by the pantwetters, we are, and have been above them for most of the season, so answer me this, have Villa and Lambert massively underachieved due to the 100m plus squad they have? Or have we over achieved with the minimal money we have had to spend?   

If its the former then why are people still worshipping Lambert? If its the latter then why is Hughton getting slated for the stupidest things???

[/quote]

Ellis206 - Bravo!

You have presented the uncomfortable facts that most of the HOB NOB''s refuse to accept! Expertly summed up in your final sentence [Y]

And, don''t let anyone try and bamboozle you with figures regarding our downward spiral - our first third of last season results were W4, D4, L5 = 16 points, our middle third (12 games) gave us W5, D4, L3 = 19 points, and our final third gave W3, D3 L7 = 12 points.

The facts are there for all to see, our middle third, with one less game, gave us 19 points, our final third gave us 12 points - virtually 40% less than our middle third - I think most "objective" people would see that as a "spiral"!

For the sake of fairness, it may also be worth reminding some people that last season, we got stuffed at home, twice by lower opposition - MK Dons 4-0 League Cup and Leicester 2-1 FA Cup.

It''s funny how stats can be manipulated.

A team can have 20 shots at goal, but all 20 could be from 50 yards.

A neutral could read that and think that the team were unlucky.

You forget to mention that our last 13 games included man united, man city, arsenal, spurs, Everton, a high flying Newcastle. That''s 8 of the top 9.

We did well to get back on track and not have a slump like we did after the Luton match, after we lost to Leicester.

We wobbled slightly but did ok.