Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Aaron Cresswell

Many on here are of the opinion that we need a new left back because ''Hughton doesn''t rate Tierney''.

I''ve no idea if that is the case or not, but if it is true we will need another left back to provide competition for Garrido. A raid on Ipswich for their best player may be on the cards.

I have to confess that I''ve got a friend who''s a Town fan and he says that Cresswell has been their best player over the last two seasons and is the only one who looks like a Premiership player.

He played every minute of every League game for Town this season and if Wikipedia is to be believed has only got one year left on his contract. And at 23 he is ''a good age'' as they say.

The fact he plays for Ipswich probably means he isn''t a prem. quality player but he is a decent shout for cheap cover. Would rather have Whittaker left back though. One player who I like the look of is Aidy White from Leeds (again). Quick and quite young.

I have heard similar things from the Ipswich supporting side of my family. Suppose to be rated fairly highly. Has he grown up through their academy? They have had a fair few good players come through there in the past

[quote user="Skerritt"]The fact he plays for Ipswich probably means he isn''t a prem. quality player but he is a decent shout for cheap cover. Would rather have Whittaker left back though. One player who I like the look of is Aidy White from Leeds (again). Quick and quite young.[/quote]Dont understand any of this post

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Skerritt"]The fact he plays for Ipswich probably means he isn''t a prem. quality player but he is a decent shout for cheap cover. Would rather have Whittaker left back though. One player who I like the look of is Aidy White from Leeds (again). Quick and quite young.[/quote]Dont understand any of this post[/quote]Pink''Un logic.

If they play for Ipswich, the likelihood is they aren''t going to be better than what we have. Simple. Of they did have better then they would be in a better position than what they are in now. Not going to be an improvement so no point getting them. Don''t see how that''s hard to understand.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Many on here are of the opinion that we need a new left back because ''Hughton doesn''t rate Tierney''. I''ve no idea if that is the case or not, but if it is true we will need another left back to provide competition for Garrido. A raid on Ipswich for their best player may be on the cards. I have to confess that I''ve got a friend who''s a Town fan and he says that Cresswell has been their best player over the last two seasons and is the only one who looks like a Premiership player. He played every minute of every League game for Town this season and if Wikipedia is to be believed has only got one year left on his contract. And at 23 he is ''a good age'' as they say.[/quote]

And how on earth would he know what one of them looks like?

[quote user="Skerritt"]If they play for Ipswich, the likelihood is they aren''t going to be better than what we have. Simple. Of they did have better then they would be in a better position than what they are in now. Not going to be an improvement so no point getting them. Don''t see how that''s hard to understand.[/quote]So Snodgrass, Howson, Johnson, Pilkington, Russ, Holt, Jackson, Ryan Bennett, Elliott Bennett etc etc weren''t worth signing then?

Webbo - I think he goes to Portman Road out of a sense of dour loyalty.

However, if he wants to actually enjoy watching football he watches the Premier League on Sky, which gives him an indication of the standard required.

[quote user="Skerritt"]If they play for Ipswich, the likelihood is they aren''t going to be better than what we have. Simple. Of they did have better then they would be in a better position than what they are in now. Not going to be an improvement so no point getting them. Don''t see how that''s hard to understand.[/quote]You should be banned for your absolute stupidity.Firstly, An Ipswich player isnt good enough ''becuase they play for Ipswich'' but you suggest a player who players in the same Divison??Secondly, Look at the make up of our team, how many of them had played Premier League football before last season? Are they good enough?Have your learnt nothing from the last 2 seasons?Jesus Christ.

I think the poor fellow might welcome a bit of company

can''t be much fun playing at poorman road in front of nearly 15,000 empty seats

even at the training ground things aren''t much better, (nevermind that they may not be their much longer) as most of the other players are either in court, visiting their solicitor, at the race track or hiding up from some dodgy ''bookies'' ........ or simply at home beating up the girlfriend, that''s when they are not attacking doormen

Carrow Road would be paradise in comparison

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Webbo - I think he goes to Portman Road out of a sense of dour loyalty. However, if he wants to actually enjoy watching football he watches the Premier League on Sky, which gives him an indication of the standard required.[/quote]

I did understand. It was just the shock of seeing the words Ipshit and Premiership in the same sentence. Just doesn''t make sense.