Sign in to follow this  
CambridgeCanary

To The Mean Spirits

I have become increasingly fed up with the mean spiritedness of some posters. It seems that some are incapable of ever praising the Club or the players. It has become a theme of this Board to knock every City achievement however small.

So, when Garth Crooks puts Bassong in his team of the week, the thread which starts with small pleasure snd pride that one of ours is recognised, thenbecomes about how he doesn''t deserve it and how Crook''s'' selections are a joke. Pilkington''s header was selected by Sky in a best of selection and again the response was not pride but a discussion about all the better and more deserving goals there had been. Apparently Holt missed a penalty; not what I saw which was a magnificent save by Boruc. So on and so on. Whatever you do, don''t ever give City the credit.

Now it''s Bennett did not play that well. He has been overpraised. Really? So the leading scorers of two clubs weren''t trying to beat him? He won virtually every header because they didn''t jump? His passes generally reached their target by accident?

I will criticise where justified but not for the sake of it. Even if his performances were ordinary, his coming in having little first team play and holding on would be creditable.

But then, giving credit is something the mean spirits cannot do. How do you reconcile this attitude with calling yourself a supporter? What is it you actually support because it isn''t the team

It''s easy to ignore them, when you try. Sure, they don''t support very well but you may do so then their lack of support is just their problem. [:)]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Well said CC![/quote]

I would like to endorse that sentiment as well.

There are some on here that find some sort of perverse pleasure in "knocking our own"!

Some have spent months posting bilious attack after attack - and then instead of having the guts to apologise for their small / petty mindedness, want to hide behind a "truce"! I''m afraid it isn''t quite that simple - now that CH has delivered, man up to the error of your vitriolic attacks then ask for a truce!

Until then, I''m with CC and the rest on this