Sign in to follow this  
The ghost of Michael Theoklitos

Here's is a template for people to use over the next few months

Just fill in the blanks. It will make things a lot quicker and easier.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Subject: <Insert player name here>So, I see we''ve just been linked with <Insert player name here> in Twitter. Usually I don''t believe talk on Twitter, however this comes from @ilovetomakestuffup, and he was right about Fergie leaving sometime, so I think there is something in this.I''d love to have <Insert player name here> here. I think he''s quality, and he''s also very good on Football Manager.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------It''s going to be a long few months!

Here''s another:

Who do you think we should keep from the current squad and who should go?

I reckon we should get rid of Elliot Chris Martin, Barnett, Tierney, Ayala (add your own personal dislikes to the list of the bleeding obvious.)

I reckon we should keep (add Vaughan here if you wish to wind up Tilley or just show that you don''t really keep up with developments).

Please add your opinions if like me you feel compelled to repeat the same discussion ad nauseum. 

I think Norwich should buy;

(Add list of players who are good on Football Manager/FIFA - players are either likely to sign for around £15m or from obscure overseas leagues)

(Add token player from the Championship - or to wind people up add Wayne Bridge)

Subject: Ricky Van Wolfswinkel

So, I see we''ve just been linked with Ricky Van Wolfswinkel on Twitter. Usually I don''t believe talk on Twitter, however this comes from @davidmcnally, and he was right about Fergie leaving sometime, so I think there is something in this.

I''d love to have Ricky Van Wolfswinkel here. I think he''s quality, and he''s also very good on Football Manager, but pretty slow on Fifa.

He is actually really slow on fifa... I bet McNally and Hughton didn''t try him on fifa before they bought him. Biggest waste of money ever.

Oh well, if we are basing ability solely on Fifa, then Grant Holt is slow in Fifa 13 also.

Last season in Fifa 12 he was really quick, and scored hundreds of goals at will.

In Fifa 13 his movement seems to be weighed down by his large contract and a constant desire to move diagonally off to the side lines to steel a match day pie from the virtual crowd........

* Before I get shot down, I cant seem to get one of those wink smiley face thingies inserted in the text above just to show a sense of humour *.....

Social media?  Pah! I remember when all the best rumours came straight from the Asda car park.I bet Gary Hooper is there right now.

What the hell else are we supposed to talk about now? If you''ll be able to buy the kit in XXXL size? Whether the grass will be ready for the new season? Where Pilkington should go on honeymoon? Has Holt deleted tw@tter for the 8th time?

Stop being such a killjoy and join in the transfer rumours fun.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]What the hell else are we supposed to talk about now? If you''ll be able to buy the kit in XXXL size? Whether the grass will be ready for the new season? Where Pilkington should go on honeymoon? Has Holt deleted tw@tter for the 8th time?

Stop being such a killjoy and join in the transfer rumours fun.[/quote]You and I clearly have very different definitions for the word ''fun''.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]What the hell else are we supposed to talk about now? If you''ll be able to buy the kit in XXXL size? Whether the grass will be ready for the new season? Where Pilkington should go on honeymoon? Has Holt deleted tw@tter for the 8th time? Stop being such a killjoy and join in the transfer rumours fun.[/quote]

You and I clearly have very different definitions for the word ''fun''.
[/quote]

I don''t have a problem with transfer rumours, quite enjoy them in fact - but not when they are obviously the Twitter equivalent of someone posting something on football.rumours.com.

When it is like the RvW transfer and a respect Portugese journalist is talking about it then that is ''fun'', not when it is a Twitter account that claims to be ''In The Know''. You might as well post the ramblings you see written on the walls at a public toilet.