Sign in to follow this  
I Love Fernando Derveld

Should Hughton bring in a new coach?

Just to help alongside Calderwood and Trollope - perhaps an ''offensive/attacking coach''. Our defensive play and set pieces have been excellent this year but we sometime look a little lost for ideas when on the ball in the final third. Would a new coach help? Are there any names out there that woyuld be willing/avaliable/affordable??

" ''offensive/attacking coach"

great idea

"Oi, you f*$5*6 great lump of sh£", kick the f*&^%"9 ball, f*&**88 forward" , " your F **^$"*wife is as ugly as cow''s f*£****%  a"*"

might gee the forwards and the whole team up a bit

Definite yes to that one Fernando!

Someone to coach the offensive side of the game, an area where we have underperformed this season, sounds like an excellent idea.

[quote user="City1st"]" ''offensive/attacking coach"

great idea

"Oi, you f*$5*6 great lump of sh£", kick the f*&^%"9 ball, f*&**88 forward" , " your F **^$"*wife is as ugly as cow''s f*£****%  a"*"

might gee the forwards and the whole team up a bit

[/quote]

[Y] Now that was really funny, brilliant [:D][:D][:D]

"the offensive side of the game"

what might that be when it''s at home ?

Even without coaching additions I''m sure we''ll be a lot better going forward next season. Hughton had his Brum side playing some pretty good stuff.

Of course I''d love Hux to be a part of where the club is going now.

[quote user="City1st"]"the offensive side of the game"

what might that be when it''s at home ?

[/quote]

You didn''t see it last season that''s why you''ve forgotten

I''ve often wondered if CH is starved or good advice, and what precisely the other two of the trio do. CH seems to be present and working at training sessions, at least in photographs, so do the others "put the cones out"?

I hope that CH, now established, would be prepared would be prepared to seek advice from others in the club, including Adams, who masterminded the youth success and largely nullified their much fancied players.

He needs to learn from what has happened this season and improve his own performance and that of the team.

I''ve often thought someone could be brought in to work with the attacking players, Perhaps as a consultant rather than as a coach, Hucks and Adams are good suggestions, and I wonder about Chris Sutton as well, working with them as individuals and as a group. Darren Eadie is another possibility.

[quote user="Vanwink"]He needs to learn from what has happened this season and improve his own performance and that of the team.[/quote]

This is right.  Ultimately successful, Hughton would probably admit he had a lot to learn this season - about his players, about the club, even about the fans.  He had a lot to learn about himself too - this was no easy challenge, compared to his other managerial positions - this was him setting himself out for a big challenge and putting himself on the line.    So credit to him on every level.      The forward play will improve - he will have bought in more players - he knows the present ones better and with a break and a fresh pre-season,  will set about next season with renewed energy and positivity. The uncertainty of his first season is out of the way and things from here will only improve.   

What so many people forget is that people continue to learn and improve throughout their careers - footballers and managers are no different - Hughton will have learnt from this season and will improve as a manager - no question about it.   

New coach?  Only Hughton can decide that, but if he is happy with what he has - then so should we be.

[quote user="Vanwink"]He needs to learn from what has happened this season and improve his own performance and that of the team.[/quote]

Good advice - perhaps you should email him that, just in case he doesn''t realise what he is supposed to do. After all, according to some on here, "cough cough - no names mentioned - cough cough," he is pretty clueless - so would probably appreciate some insightful guidance to him and the management team! [8-|]

Subject heading could read "Management homework for the close season". Then the sub text could start with something like:

We have witnessed your efforts during the season and the Vanwink end of season report shows that we were disappointed in your performance and for next season you "must do better". To assist you in this regard, we have set out some homework tasks for you and your team:

1) Learn from what has happened this season

2) Improve your performance

3) Improve the team''s performance

Additionally, other areas of consideration should include:

4) "swatting up" on the PL approach to management and "gung-ho" football

5) stop treating other teams and their management with respect - some of us perceive this as being obsequious and subservient

Please see me for more details if these are unclear

Signed - Vanwink, your helping hand in adversity.

"What so many people forget is that people continue to learn and improve throughout their careers - footballers and managers are no different - Hughton will have learnt from this season and will improve as a manager - no question about it."

Yep, my hope is that on reflection he will be able to identify the areas of his management that need to improve and work on that. He come across as a pretty bright bloke and I would be very suprised if he doesn''t critically analyse his own performance.

[quote user="Vanwink"]"What so many people forget is that people continue to learn and improve throughout their careers - footballers and managers are no different - Hughton will have learnt from this season and will improve as a manager - no question about it." Yep, my hope is that on reflection he will be able to identify the areas of his management that need to improve and work on that. He come across as a pretty bright bloke and I would be very suprised if he doesn''t critically analyse his own performance.[/quote]

Vanwink, what a pleasant surprise! A post that I fully agree with [Y]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Adams and Hucks would be the obvious pair...
[/quote]

100% agree Indy. [Y]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Adams and Hucks would be the obvious pair...
[/quote]

100% agree Indy. [Y]

If we are going down the route of nominating former players then Hucks & Adams could offer something although if I had to choose 1 it would have to be Adams, I think Hucks was a unique individual talent, a legend, but coach mmm! Certainly a fantastic person to have around the club. My suggestion would be Dion & Adams this would cover wide play & centre forward play both movement & back to goal stuff.

As much as I rate Dion, I think his heart really lies in the Midlands and unless we had a great offer, he''d probably stay as a pundit where he''s settled and probably getting paid pretty well anyway.

I think we need someone to work on our ball retention and passing before anything else, because at times it can just get absolutely woeful.

I really don''t see the point. It''s often noted by players that Hughton spends alot of time coaching himself, you could make an argument that a first-team coach isn''t completely necessary. I always assumed that Hughton tended to coach the team in practice matches, focusing on specific tactics and plays to be carried out in a match situation while Calderwood and Trollop were in charge of individual development and fitness. I could be completely wrong of course, as I''m just applying what I have read from various manuals/books to Norwich. I think that messing around with Hughtons'' coaching staff would cause nothing but division and problems for the team. If Hughton wanted a new coach he would''ve appointed one, forcing one on him will just cause issues.