Sign in to follow this  
Bill

The £5 million pound games (coming up)

We have £5.6m riding on our final game ......... £4m of which the decision is in our hands

We finish 17th and we will pick up £3.2m in prize money

We finish 10th and we will pick up £8.8m in prize money

currrently we are in 12th which gives us £7.2m

however it is exceedingly tight with 40 Newcastle (Arsenal, h)40 Soton (Stoke, h)40 Fulham (Swansea, a)40 Villa (Wigan, h)39 Sunderland (Spurs, a)all close behind, whereas we have 41 Stoke (S''oton, a)43 West Ham (Reading, h)to try and overhaulIf we are counting the millions then it is going to be a very changing day as far as our prize money goes and it maybe that we will do well to hold what we have got - but it we can get stuck in as we did against WBA then who knows it could be a healthier £8m or so more in the kitty .........

........... now remind me what RVW cost and whether £8m might help towards another RVW.

That should be Villa Away at Wigan, C1Anything can happen but even with a loss I can''t see us any lower than 15th.

I wondered who would be the first to spot that !Hard to see either of Newcastle or Sunderland getting anything as Spurs and Arsenal definitely need the points. Fulham are completely out of sorts so if we lose we need Stoke to beat S''oton.Wigan v Villa could go either way. Wigan win and it''s an extra £800,000 for us whatever else happens, but we finish that much closer to the relegation spot (points wise), however money is far more important so c''mon Wigan ........ and Arsenal, Spurs and Swanseaand Reading just in case we do win !

The Man City game doesn''t quite seem so daunting with the departure of Mancini and Platt. I''m not sure where their motivation will come from.

The difference in these figures is huge.

I guess our squad will be on some sort of percentage dependent on finishing position. If not, then perhaps a one match bonus could be offered if they remain 12th or finish higher.......

My understaning is that they are and given how close this group of teams are then there is a lot to be won or lost - a figure that to put it into perspective is close to around half of what Ipswich will earn in total for next season, and maybe around twice what Wigan earned winning the FA Cup.As to Man Citym on paper this looks probably like the best time to play them and maybe the best time for us to be playing them, but as the games unfold I have a feeling that our current prize total of £7.2m is going to move about a bit as the goals go in elsewhere - and hopefully in the Man City net as well.Could be a great afternoon.

Surely we would want to finish as low as possible. Hughton would only blow extra prize money on more defenders...

I don''t think there any ''position related'' payments in the Championship - they merely get around £2.5m ''solidarity payments'' as do all the othersIt should be remembered that our prize for winning League 1 was £25,000.

For the record, the board budgeted to finish 16th this season, so anything above and beyond this can be considered as extra dosh!

[quote user="RustysRevenge"]I always thought it was £35000, not that it makes much difference.[/quote]

click-It is £25,000Which highlights not only the massive difference, but is a striking measure of how far we have comehowever, we still need to kick on against Man City£5m is still a big sum for a club like ours

[quote user="City1st"]I wondered who would be the first to spot that !Hard to see either of Newcastle or Sunderland getting anything as Spurs and Arsenal definitely need the points. Fulham are completely out of sorts so if we lose we need Stoke to beat S''oton.Wigan v Villa could go either way. Wigan win and it''s an extra £800,000 for us whatever else happens, but we finish that much closer to the relegation spot (points wise), however money is far more important so c''mon Wigan ........ and Arsenal, Spurs and Swanseaand Reading just in case we do win !

[/quote]Can see Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland and Fulham losing. Stoke will probably draw or lose against Southampton and we end up 13th. That''s just what I think anyway. Maybe we''ll play with freedom and have a cheeky point or 3 against Man City or is that too much to ask? lol

my thoughts as wel. though I suspect a draw might be the more likelymeaning we would need to draw to hold on to what we already have - £7.2m and 12th placealso means a draw for us will not move us up a place

also whilst I know all other results contribute to our final total, Holty''s penalty miss might appear rather costly come 6pm (but thankfully not in relegation terms)

[quote user="City1st"]my thoughts as wel. though I suspect a draw might be the more likely

meaning we would need to draw to hold on to what we already have - £7.2m and 12th place

also means a draw for us will not move us up a place

also whilst I know all other results contribute to our final total, Holty''s penalty miss might appear rather costly come 6pm (but thankfully not in relegation terms)

[/quote]

Idiot!

Yes, let''s erm ''kick on''.............

yes silly old methinking that a lost 2 points might affect our prize moneystill, thanks for reading my posts - most others don''t so it is rather comforting to know some folk take the time and effort

If we could get three points in Manchester, it would be a fantastic way to end a magnificent week for the club. Even one point would help us end with pride, as swelling the coffers.

Now that Man City have guaranteed that runners up spot, and Platt having left the building, I can''t see any real motivating force behind them "being up for it".

Brian Kidd knows he will not be the permanent manager - possibly not even being retained under a new management regime - so he doesn''t really have any incentive other than professional pride.

Hopefully, the Man City squad are as well prepared as the WBA squad was on Sunday!

As for our motivation - well as you say City 1st - a positive result could equate to several million pounds difference - within our control is to stay in 12, so I wouldn''t be surprised if there was a considerable one-off incentive to the squad if they retained 12th spot or better - there''s a difference of £4m between 17th and 12th - offering 25% of that as an incentive seems like a reasonable motivation to go out and win.

"City1st"yes silly old me

thinking that a lost 2 points might affect our prize moneystill, thanks for reading my posts - most others don''t so it is rather comforting to know some folk take the time and effort

Maybe we should sue the linesman for the stolen three points at Arsenal.

Or the ref for the stolen points at Sunderland..........

oh dear, our resident mysery guts is upsetting yet himself

maybe just maybe he might just read the posts first before whinging on here

the bit that said -"whilst I know all other results contribute to our final total"

Yes, but why bring up Holt''s miss specifically, Oscar? Was there any need? Or are you just stirring to get the reaction you want? Which, being bored, I will duly oblige.