Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Hypothetical question number two

What if we decided to sell Holt and one of the newly promoted teams came in for him. Would we sell him to them at the risk of him keepin a side such as Palace in the Prem and sending us down ?Personally I don''t think we should sell at all as he will still be a ''huge'' asset next season, but it seems many want rid.

If Holt goes & I doubt he will the only place I could possibly see him going is Celtic with Hooper coming the other way....surely we wouldnt be silly enough to sell him to a rival team in the same division would we??

If, and it''s a big if, I think, enough money were offered, I don''t think it would matter where he went. We know his game, and how to counter it, so the other team would not be buying a great advantage when we play them. Ditto many other clubs - they have worked out how to play him, I think, - one of the reasons for low scoring this year.

The other consideration, which only the staff can answer, is, "With players we have, and those we hope to sign, would Holt become a 15 goal as season man, or remain 7? If the former, we wouldn''t sell, if the latter, we would be saving two seasons of high wages!

Well, if you remember the way Blackpool played the last time they were in the Prem a few years ago under Holloway, Holt would have easily scored 20 goals IMO.  I think it would be very dangerous indeed to sell a player of Holt''s experience and calibre to a man such as Holloway that can really get the best out of players.

If he were to go to a newly promoted team my money would be on Palace(should they make it) & like you say Holloway can get the best out of him... I think Palace would do very well with him plus the stripes on the shirt would make him look thinner!!!

What if super Holloway put in a cheeky bid for Paul Moy? What would you accept for him?

I think you have to remember that only one of Holt''s seven goals was a penalty, whereas last year he had 4 or 5 out of the 14 league goals, so not as much of a difference as some might think. I would hate to see him go, especially to another PL team as I think it would come back to haunt us.

[quote user="paul moy"]Well, if you remember the way Blackpool played the last time they were in the Prem a few years ago under Holloway, Holt would have easily scored 20 goals IMO.  I think it would be very dangerous indeed to sell a player of Holt''s experience and calibre to a man such as Holloway that can really get the best out of players. [/quote]

Jesus wept. How did that work out for Blackpool?

Paul Moy said: Well, if you remember the way Blackpool played the last time they were in the Prem a few years ago under Holloway, Holt would have easily scored 20 goals IMO.  I think it would be very dangerous indeed to sell a player of Holt''s experience and calibre to a man such as Holloway that can really get the best out of players. ----------------------------------------------Holloway''s side got relegated in their first season in the Premiership.

I thought people were concerned about the amount of time Holt spent travelling back and forth between Norwich and Carlisle and now they see him moving down to London to ply his trade. I am confused.

[quote user="paul moy"]Well, if you remember the way Blackpool played the last time they were in the Prem a few years ago under Holloway, Holt would have easily scored 20 goals IMO.  I think it would be very dangerous indeed to sell a player of Holt''s experience and calibre to a man such as Holloway that can really get the best out of players. [/quote]Holloway is not even that popular with Palace fans- he took over a team challenging for a top two spot and by the end of the season they had nearly dropped out of the play-offs. Also for such an amazing attacking manager who gets the best out of his players Palace went 5 games without scoring under him this season.Holloway is an average manager who is good with the media. It is noticeable that with almost every Premier League club changing  manager since this time last year none of them were seriously interested in him.

"Well, if you remember the way Blackpool played the last time they were in the Prem a few years ago under Holloway, Holt would have easily scored 20 goals IMO"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGQkm3_A5Jo

Holt still has plenty to give, it really would be self destructive to go anywhere, let alone a rival side.

Even if he falls down the pecking order over the next couple of seasons I can''t think of a much better to have around the club than big Grant Holt.

Would be very surprised if a bid even came in from a newly-promoted side for Holt. Age is beginning to catch-up with him I''m afraid. Wouldn''t be overly bothered if we sold him to a so called ''rival'' team as long as we adequately replaced him.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Holt still has plenty to give, it really would be self destructive to go anywhere, let alone a rival side.

Even if he falls down the pecking order over the next couple of seasons I can''t think of a much better to have around the club than big Grant Holt.[/quote]

Exactly [Y] 

Too many people underestimate him, both on and off the pitch.