Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Ruddy not in England squad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22551566...... so Joe Hart, fair enoughBut a championship player who just got relegated, and Foster , who perhaps had the worst game of his life vs us infront of him ??Rooney to captain ?!?Has Woy wost his marbwles ?

He''s just got back from injury and had one save to make. McCarthy''s been in great form, especially when he got a clean sheet against Liverpool.Granted Foster had an absolute shocker though.

He''s played one competitive game in 2013.

It''s hardly a surprise

I understand what people are saying about his injury lay off, but I honestly believe that if it was Joe Hart who''d been out injured and has only just come back he''d have been included in the squad, but unfortunately Ruddy isn''t afforded the same respect.Before his injury and across all last season Ruddy was excellent and rightly deserved his call up, if Hart is going to be first choice anyway then taking Ruddy as part of a 3 man keeper team wouldn''t have been a real issue.I think that yet again a Norwich player has been shafted by the England management, and whilst there is some minor justification for the call, it''s nowhere near enough to outweigh the positives in Ruddy to make it fair IMHO...

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Has Woy wost his marbwles ?
[/quote]

Yep - a long time ago in my opinion, when he defended Gabriel Tamas elbow on James Vaughan (requiring plastic surgery!) by saying "he had seen the replay and insisted it was accidental". Tamas was subsequently charged by the FA with violent conduct! Interesting that the FA employ an England manager who sees a violent elbow to the face as being "accidental" - what an example he is setting (not!)

Anyway, getting back on topic, in a perverse sort of way, I''m not too disappointed in JR not getting a call up - it keeps him off the radar and keeps him focussed on improving in our goalies jersey - even if it is "light blue"!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Roy has a real big club bias...[/quote]I do agree with that to a certain extent CJF, but it''s hard to argue that case when McCarthy has been picked instead...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Roy has a real big club bias...[/quote]I do agree with that to a certain extent CJF, but it''s hard to argue that case when McCarthy has been picked instead...[/quote]No other choices. This instance is probably due to Ruddy only just returning to fitness and action last weekend.

I do agree with Ruddy not being in the squad as he has just come back from a massive injury. I''m surprised that Foster''s back (In my opinion, he shouldn''t be because he turned his back on England a couple of years ago) especially as I thought it read Forster. For Alex McCarthy, who else is there who is good enough?

More proof of Hodgson''s bias is including Lescott - who has hardly played - over Michael Dawson. Amazes me.

Danny Welbeck''s only scored like 2 goals all season, yet is in ahead of the likes of Lambert.

Really is quite baffling some of the selections

The FA pick the squad not Woy. Thats why Harry didn''t get the job and an out of form sulky and argumentative fine example that is Rooney may be captain.

The England team are shirt sellers. Thats why many people are loosing interest in them.

Exactly how is this squad part of our development for the next major tournament?

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]He''s just got back from injury and had one save to make. McCarthy''s been in great form, especially when he got a clean sheet against Liverpool.Granted Foster had an absolute shocker though.[/quote]

And he managed to get his positioning wrong for that one save.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]I understand what people are saying about his injury lay off, but I honestly believe that if it was Joe Hart who''d been out injured and has only just come back he''d have been included in the squad, but unfortunately Ruddy isn''t afforded the same respect.Before his injury and across all last season Ruddy was excellent and rightly deserved his call up, if Hart is going to be first choice anyway then taking Ruddy as part of a 3 man keeper team wouldn''t have been a real issue.I think that yet again a Norwich player has been shafted by the England management, and whilst there is some minor justification for the call, it''s nowhere near enough to outweigh the positives in Ruddy to make it fair IMHO...[/quote]

Of course Hart would be included if it was him coming back from an injury - he''s our number one and is better than Ruddy.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]I understand what people are saying about his injury lay off, but I honestly believe that if it was Joe Hart who''d been out injured and has only just come back he''d have been included in the squad, but unfortunately Ruddy isn''t afforded the same respect.

[/quote]

I thought that as well.

Shame really because Joe Hart could do with being taken a down a peg or two.

He''s good but he''s not truly great.

[quote user="Olly"]Danny Welbeck''s only scored like 2 goals all season, yet is in ahead of the likes of Lambert. Really is quite baffling some of the selections[/quote]

While Welbeck''s goal scoring record for Utd could/should be better he is worth his place in the squad and doesn''t have a bad goal scoring for England to be fair.

He''ll probably never be a natural finisher but he does give a lot else to the team and that''s why he plays for Man Utd.

Plus he''s got another good 10 years infront of him, Rickie Lambert hasn''t.