Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Palace or Watford ?

No difference for the travelling fans, distance wiseBoth grounds still have a bit of characterWatford have ''cheated'' their way to the finalPalace already look to be next seasons whipping boys if they come up

Watford, I want to see what the Prem would do about their transfer embargo. The ''right'' thing to do of course would be to let it stand and make them play the first half of the season with only 14 pros + their academy, but when has the Prem ever done the right thing?

It''s got to be Watford. Palace is the worst ground to visit by a country mile. If I don''t go there again it will be too soon.

Awful area, awful ground, rip off prices. The walk from the station to Selhurst anyone??

Of course you are quite correct Mr Mountfarto. BTW can''t you change your name by deed poll? :-)

I think it would actually depend on what decision would be made ref Watford''s transfers/loans.If they are blocked from doing again what they''ve done this year, then I''d rather they came up because they will have a threadbare squad missing most of the quality that got them there, and that means they either need to spend extensively (assuming they were allowed) or face being the whipping boys for the entire season.If they can get the loans and bring in some more talent, then I''d rather Palace went up as they would then arguably be the weaker squad to face.Frankly I think Watford have abused a loophole to ''cheat'' their way this season, and for that reason alone I''d rather see Palace come up, plus there''s no risk of a kit clash with Watford then either!

Palace but only for personal reasons. Few mates who are palace fans (living in Kent they are everywhere) and we enjoy doing home and away as a day out and bit of banter. Just a shame they are a bogey side!!

Watford are just a scummy club who have got round the system, if they get promoted it would be an injustice to the clubs who are run correctly and if Watford do go up I bet the Premiership body would bend the rules to allow them carry on.

It has to be Palace for me, come on up and join the party for one season!

Hate the Palace ground and the slum area it blends in with.

But Watford really have taken the Micky this season and on principle I would prefer to see someone else come up! So dispite ttheir ground and a dodgy away trip it has to be Palace for me.

At least they don''t have that pratt Jonson any more!

I am not too fussed who comes up really, both relatively poor teams who I''d fancy us to finish above.

Got a Palace supporting mate and apparently if they go up they are planning on a refurb on two of their stands which will be quite expensive. 

If we saw a return to a well rewarded Reserve league system where younger players gained their experience against seasoned pros and other high quality youngsters from other Premiership clubs, or similar in other countries, there would be no need for a loan system. Clubs would also have to have a squad limit, not as they do now when they name 25 from their 50 professionals available.

In that way it would be fairer all round.

Yes, we are benefiting at the moment because we have players out on loan but we have been on the receiving end in recent seasons.

The whole system needs investigation and an overhaul.

Not to fussed either way to be honest, I just see 6 points to us regardless of who wins.

From our point of view it doesn''t really matter which one comes up. Neither club has ever survived a Premier League season - Palace have had four seasons in the PL and have been relegated every time (twice along with Norwich in fact) while Watford have had two seasons in the PL and were relegated both times.

I can''t see this pattern changing next season.

Watford-born there, lived around the area all my life, was a season ticket holder in my teens. Despite all the hate for them over their loans, they also have a very good academy and have had more players this season who came from their youth system than we have had for many years. Of course they haven''t provided anyone like the Murphys!

Depends if that Pozzo family will pump millions into Watford and loan all the Udinese players again. If so...Palace

I would love to see the return of Ian Holloway to the Prem. Palace would in some way make up for the sad loss of a very entertaining Wigan side, and do not write them off as no doubt he knows where some hidden gems are in the lower divisions. Palaces''s promotion would help develop British players whereas Watford would no doubt help develop hordes of Italians.  Good luck Holloway, Palace and British players !!  [<:o)]

Was about to say Watford because I like Zola, but then realised Holloway is Palace manager. It''d be amazing to have him back in the premiership!

Plus we could try and get Vydra if Watford fail to get promoted.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Both grounds have ''character''?

Come on City 1st, don''t hold back.[/quote]

ok then

Palace is a bit of a sh ithouse for away fans and it is a fair old trek from the tubehowever we did find a cracking Wetherspoons a bit further away at the friendly the previous year Watford, well that will alway be ''72but at least it''s not another souless plastic stadium like Wigan or Reading

I''m still scarred from my last trip to Palace- got stuck on the train with some extremely drunk Norwich fans, one vomited in the corner, one peed in his empty Carling bottle then one pissed in the sink of a Wimpy''s. All that and the game was terrible.