Sign in to follow this  
votepedro

POTS

The club held off announcing it before the game as they didn''t want to distract or ''celebrate''. Nothing since. Probably done at the end of the season meal now

all a bit of a strange business?. I can understand given the circumstances as to why the award wasnt given out beforehand to prevent any distractions but was there any reason ,as we won why it couldnt have been awarded at then end of the game ,before or after the lap of ''appreciation''?

I can never remember the Barry Butler trophy not being awarded before the last home game in my 30+ years before?

as for who won/has won.......I''m none the wiser

I think they should have done it at the end of the game, would have been the perfect moment! Perhaps they might wait for the first home game of the season now?

I can categorically say it won''t be done at the first home game of next season, what if a winner is sold during the window?

More than likely will be done at the end of season dinner or even more likely McNally will organise another fan''s event (£20 entrance fee) where the awards will be given out.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I hope it''s snodgrass. Never hides, never had a bad game and is involved in most of the goals this season.[/quote]

Will be Snodgrass.

The announcement was delayed because McNally wouldn''t allow the presentation to take place with Snodgrass sporting that ridiculous beard. Expect a clean shaven smile when he picks up the trophy.

Yes I''d heard that too.

Apparently there was only one valid vote and that came from the infamous Canary Caller of a few weeks back so the winner will be..........

Andrew Crofts.

It was all very cloak & dagger Sunday...the players were not supposed to be doing a lap of aprecation. I have it on very good authority that McNasty see''s the season as an unsuccesful one & therefore all types of celebration was to be done away with. I think someone slighty higher than him(Delia) told him that the players will do a lap of aprecation. But he had he way with everything else!!

[quote user="Bunn''s Armpit"]It was all very cloak & dagger Sunday...the players were not supposed to be doing a lap of aprecation. I have it on very good authority that McNasty see''s the season as an unsuccesful one & therefore all types of celebration was to be done away with. I think someone slighty higher than him(Delia) told him that the players will do a lap of aprecation. But he had he way with everything else!![What a load of old twaddle, why on earth do you post Cra p ? ]

you know it twaddle & Cra p for sure do you???....so why wasn''t POTS done, why wasn''t the players dinner cancelled....Maybe before slating someone for posting information you might want to stop & think for a second!

I entirely agree with respecting other posters and repeatedly enjoy identifying those who rubbish other posts which are then shown to be true.

But, I think if you are responding with such indigntation, it behaves you to give more information about these events and how you know this to be the case.

I have never posted Twaddle or Cra-p I only post what I know to be true. I am one of a very few in a privileged postition. Indeed a lot of information I get I don''t post on here at all. I just thought I would throw a little inside knowledge onto this subject, but all I got was a damnation for it. I can only say that the teams lap of aprecation was a very last minute thing, it was only the result that changed the decision & as I say it was by a higher power, as a result Mcnasty had to go & inform the WAGS himself to enable the WAGS & children to be part of it!!

Bunn''s Armpit wrote - "I have never posted Twaddle or Cra-p I only post what I know to be true. I am one of a very few in a privileged postition. Indeed a lot of information I get I don''t post on here at all...."

You should change your username to another part of Bunn''s anatomy.

Bunn wrote " as a result Mcnasty had to go and inform the Wags himself to enable the WAGS and children to be part of it"

You may well have insider info Bunn but it looked to me as if the kiddies were already prepared for this dressed up in their mini daddy kits!

[quote user="refjezdavies"]I can categorically say it won''t be done at the first home game of next season, what if a winner is sold during the window? More than likely will be done at the end of season dinner or even more likely McNally will organise another fan''s event (£20 entrance fee) where the awards will be given out.[/quote]

Isn''t this the awards evening that was cancelled according to reports in the papers?

I don''t think it is a good idea to claim to being in a "privileged position" if you''re not prepared to say what it is. Those in "privileged positions" tend to keep quiet about it. Otherwise, you can easily be made to look a bit of a prat.