Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

defour

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]The guy at @latestfootynews must be delighted that his rumour has been reported so widely - shows how much fact checking goes on at most news outlets.[/quote]

Sorry, that should be @latestnewsfooty - check the date, 13th May the first mention anywhere of Defour to Norwich.

https://twitter.com/LatestNewsFooty/status/334014684783079424

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]The guy at @latestfootynews must be delighted that his rumour has been reported so widely - shows how much fact checking goes on at most news outlets.[/quote]

Be funny if it goes through and you look like a fool!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Be funny if it goes through and you look like a fool![/quote]

No, it would be a coincidence if it goes through, and you will always still be the fool Banana...

a 2+2=5 is it Bethnal?

It''s an exciting name to be linked with and has gained some legs, but as you say, this might be some made up story blown out of proportion similar to one i read set 2000 years ago in the middle east...

I can picture Hughton struggling to think of names sat up late at home on his laptop stumbling accross twitter and here wondering who we shoud sign and with the Defour link appearing, he then thinks to himself "not a bad idea after all!"

I think key here is the World Cup coming up. Is Defours best chance at a place on Porto''s bench or as our main man in the middle? I guess he can look to Benteke, Lamah and the other belgians for inspiration as to why the Premiership is the place to be. Should no one outside the top 8 want him, then i guess we''re just as good a bet as the rest of the 12 teams barring maybe the newly promoted teams so why not?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

Be funny if it goes through and you look like a fool![/quote]

No, it would be a coincidence if it goes through, and you will always still be the fool Banana...

[/quote]

Odd player to choose to link to Norwich though?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]a 2+2=5 is it Bethnal? It''s an exciting name to be linked with and has gained some legs, but as you say, this might be some made up story blown out of proportion similar to one i read set 2000 years ago in the middle east... I can picture Hughton struggling to think of names sat up late at home on his laptop stumbling accross twitter and here wondering who we shoud sign and with the Defour link appearing, he then thinks to himself "not a bad idea after all!" I think key here is the World Cup coming up. Is Defours best chance at a place on Porto''s bench or as our main man in the middle? I guess he can look to Benteke, Lamah and the other belgians for inspiration as to why the Premiership is the place to be. Should no one outside the top 8 want him, then i guess we''re just as good a bet as the rest of the 12 teams barring maybe the newly promoted teams so why not?[/quote]

I''m not saying Defour wouldn''t want to join Norwich from Porto - although they offer him Champions League football and are one of the largest teams in Europe - it''s more the case that this is not a rumour with a basis of truth or a source etc, it''s someone with too much time on their hands making up stuff hoping they get one right and can increase their followers.

All this comments like ''it just won''t go away'' etc. don''t mean anything apart from the fact one media outlet just copies another - you can almost see the trail of this story jumping from one website to another. If Defour was to sign for Norwich, although I consider it unlikely, I doubt it is because a Twitter account has a magic source in Norwich or Porto - just threw enough sh*t that a piece actually stuck.

Remeber all that Mohammad Abdellaoue nonsense from the summer? Some random on Twitter said it, it got picked up in one or two places and by the end of the window everyone was super confident it was going to happen. This is the same case, just a different player.

I remember making up some guff about Lee Croft joining us when I first discovered football-rumours.whatever and then a couple of weeks later he actually joined!

I guess some of these daft rumours will come off. Hopefully Defour is one of them.

I''m just enjoying seeing multi million pound superstars linked with us as opposed to the usual CMS rubbish!