Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Our greatest ever player?

Obviously it would depend on how old you are and who you were able to see, but who in your opinion is City''s greatest ever player and how much would they be worth?My favorite ever player is Ian Crook. Ive never seen anyone pass a ball like him. He would be worth £20m nowadays, if Joe Allen is worth £15m. But for his ability to change a game, get you off your seat, his loyalty, his contribution and his charracter, id have to say Huckerby.The whole unveiling of him on that boxing day, still gives me goosebumps.Oh for a Hucks now, what would he be worth now? £15m? (Same as Zaha)

For me it''s Darren Huckerby, always was exciting to watch and contributed massively towards getting us in the Premier League. Lets not forget his loyalty to the club in rejecting moves to bigger clubs. Will always be my favourite player.

There can only ever be one contender for this...Martin Peters.World Cup winner says it all.Value now...priceless.

[quote user="lappinitup"]There can only ever be one contender for this...Martin Peters.World Cup winner says it all.Value now...priceless.[/quote] I would of loved to have seen him play. ghosting in to the box like no other, ive heard.

Peters was good, but in my time (since early 70s) for pure adrenalin fuelled excitement it has to be Huckerby.

For us oldies we have such an array to choose from, the likes of Peters, Bertschin, Fashanu, Channon, Fleck, Fox, Barham, Bruce, Woods, Hartford, Newsome & so many more....

I think the Forwards get most of the votes for goals & excitment....but for me I would say probably Keelan, he was pure class!!

I''m in my early 30''s - been a regular since the early ''90s ''glory years. Greatest ever is a hard one to judge, but I would say Mark Bowen - one of the best fullbacks of his generation, would have been lauded as much as Dennis Irwin had he played for a bigger club. Crook was sheer class too, and I doubt we''ll see a better striker in yellow and green than Chris Sutton in that 93/94 season. When Bellamy broke into the side he looked incredible for an 17/18 year old, and but for some better choices in his mid twenties, could''ve been one of the premier league ''greats''. Hucks of course lit up the pitch when he was on song. I''m sure some older fans will have others worth a mention too - for sheer raw talent Justin Fashanu?I''ve just named 6.In the current squad I think Snodgrass and Pilkington could go on to achieve great things, either at Carrow Road or elsewhere.

From the ones I have seen playing, Ian Crook closely followed by Huckerby....

Crooky amongst others provided Flecky with the goals. Great midfielder...! Boy we could have used someone like him this season!

Such a tough question, especially when you''re trying to compare across different era''s and footballing styles.Players like Hucks, Eadie, Gordon and Foxy were always exciting on the wings.Drinkell, Sutton, Bellamy and Holt were/are natural goalscorers. Then you''ve got central midfielders like Crooky with his amazing range of passing, Gossy''s quality and work rate and Hoolahan''s guile and trickery.We''ve also had top class defenders like Bowen and Butterworth, Drury and Culverhouse, as well as some of the best keepers in the last 40 years such as Gunn, Green and Woods.And that''s before we mention the even older superstars like McDougall, Forbes and Keelan!In my own time as a Norwich fan it''d have to be between Hucks, Eadie and Crook, and with Hucks obvious love for the club and ongoing commitment to us, I think he shaves it for me.

My Uncle Bunny… no-one else has even got close to being the subject of the greatest ever post on here[:)]Other than him, since my time at Carra Ruhd, Martin Peters

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]My Uncle Bunny… no-one else has even got close to being the subject of the greatest ever post on here[:)]Other than him, since my time at Carra Ruhd, Martin Peters[/quote]

And your other uncle, Philip, was a librarian in Hull...[:D]

Crook.Mind you, if my Dad had done better at his trial in 1935 then it might have been him.Still got his letter telling him thanks, but no thanks.Oh what might have been.

Peters was the only truly world class player to have played for NCFC, although he was past his best when he was with us.

So my vote has to go to Kevin Keelan. Although he was born in India he would have qualified to play for England, but he had the misfortune to be a contemporary of Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton, so never got a look in internationally. But he was a wonderfully athletic keeper, and had a real commanding presence in the penalty box.

John Ruddy, although a good keeper, still has a way to go to match KK.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Robert Snodgrass, his ability to fall over so easily, his injection of roar pace and his crossing from open play is superb.[/quote]Can''t you just f**k off and go troll on another forum ffs???

In my time watching City, it has to be Huckerby. Every time he got the ball you were expecting something to happen.

Ron Davies?

After leaving us, he finished as the top division''s leading scorer for one season. Included scoring 4 in a game against Villa and another 4 at Old Trafford.

Matt Busby described him as the best striker in Europe at the time.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="I am a Banana"]Robert Snodgrass, his ability to fall over so easily, his injection of roar pace and his crossing from open play is superb.[/quote]Can''t you just f**k off and go troll on another forum ffs??[/quote]I used to put nana''s stupidity down to his immaturity.Now I put his immaturity down to his stupidity.....

Hard to disagree with much of what has been said already.

In my time, 83/84 onwards, I''ve been fortunate to see some real good''uns as well as some real dross too, Raymond De Waard I''ll never forget you...

Huckerby was pure box office, an edge of your seat player who was always exciting to watch, even as a one-hipped pensioner against Celtic he still had it...

Ian Crook was our Glenn Hoddle, such a gifted player, Drinkell, Fleck, Sutton all had great scoring spells for us, Iwan Roberts was the difference between us being in the Championship or Division 3 for a couple of years or more, his goals keeping our head above the parapet before Worthington got us organised.

But out of all of them, when Bellamy first turned up with that blistering pace and unwavering self-belief, I think he was an incredible talent, if he went one on one, you KNEW he''d score. He really fits into that "could''ve been anything" bracket, still made a great career out of the game at a very, very high level, what more he could have achieved had it not been for those injuries is anybody''s guess.

Kevin Muscat, you''re still a *.

I''d go along with Ian Crook jus wished we had someone like him now .

Darren Huckerby for me. Of course I haven''t been following this club through the ages.

But he''s been such a figure for our club, both in his playing days and after they''re over he''s still a huge fan and a lot involved with the club.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Robert Snodgrass, his ability to fall over so easily, his injection of roar pace and his crossing from open play is superb.[/quote]

Do members of your immediate family find you as intensely irritating as everyone on here?

I can''t work out whether you''re an awkward teenager or one of those annoying adults who disguises idiocy and social ineptness with annoying and constant ''jokes''. Which is it? How old are you Banana?