Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

Predictions for next season?

Obviously depends on who we sign, but with a few quality additions i''d be happy with a mid table finish and a good cup run.

Norwich to get Hull at home on the first day of the season, we smash them 4-0 a brace for Van Wolfwinkle, one for Holt and Hooper chipping in with the fourth [;)]For the season, 10th and Carling Cup Semi''s going out to Chelsea.

Last day of the season we''ll be at home to a struggling Hull side. All we need to do is win to get into the Champions League places. We''re drawing 2-2 in the 90th minutes until Grant Holt plays the ball through to RICKY VAN WOLFSWINKELLLLLLLLLLLLL to win the game and spark mad celebrations at Carrow Road.

Europe_93 wrote: "I predict at least 6 new signings, 47+ points and more entertainment", which looks reasonable to me, given CH''s previous signings, including RvW.

It all depends on how the squad shapes up over the summer.  Realistically if we keep all of our best players and add another 4/5 or so quality players (not including Van Wolfswinkle or Garrido).  I can see no reason why the target should not be 50 points.  I am not predicting final positions, but with heavy investment 50 points must surely be a realistic target that Hughton should be tasked with achieving next season.  A couple more away wins this season and we''d be nearly at 50 points!

If we sign six new players with, say,  two of them very good indeed, then I would expect us to keep clear of the danger zone throughout and finish comfortably in mid-table, say 50 points and 9th.

The thing is everyone keeps saying how we can get some quality new players in due to the increase in TV money. But the problem is EVERYONE IN THE LEAGUE will get an increase in TV money so we wont have that much of an advantage compared to everyone else.

No predictions until I see the fixture list and what we have to work with.August will be soon enough for predictions, all else is guess work and wishful thinking.

Ruddy hell, can we just finish this season first please!

Ricardo, so will August be the magic time for informed and intelligent statements regarding the Team and it''s future?

That will be something to look forward to, if this season was anything to go by

[quote user="ridgeman"]It will depend on how much respect we pay the opposition. If we play like we did against Newcastle, Fulham and Aston Villa then we will struggle again if however we go for it like we did against WBA then mid table should not be difficult. [/quote]I''d agree with that and predict around 10th with an attacking style or sadly similar to this season otherwise.

I think when you look at this season, ok take out some of the big result and add in RvW for a season, Ruddy for half a season.

I think we have been very unfortunate in terms of ''rub of the green''...

Add in a few more signings...

I can honestly say i think we could win the best of the rest.. i.e 8th/9th i.e WBA / Swansea position.

Realistically staying up again is the priority although hopefully that should be slightly easier this time around as we should be miles ahead of the 3 teams that have come up.

People predicting top 10 are slightly deluded in my opinion, even if we spend 30m this summer, chances are other clubs will be spending similar and already have better squads than us, expecting another tough season.

Annoying thing is, people predicting top 10 will be crying again when we are lower than that!!!

[quote user="ellis206"]

Realistically staying up again is the priority although hopefully that should be slightly easier this time around as we should be miles ahead of the 3 teams that have come up. People predicting top 10 are slightly deluded in my opinion, even if we spend 30m this summer, chances are other clubs will be spending similar and already have better squads than us, expecting another tough season. Annoying thing is, people predicting top 10 will be crying again when we are lower than that!!!

[/quote]

All very well to say that,  but presuming we improve in our second season under Hughton - which we should - is it really unreasonable to think we couldn''t finish two places higher than we are now?    12th at present and only two points off 10th place? 

Premier League Top 4:

Chelsea (winners)

Manchester United

Liverpool

Manchester City

Premier League Relegated:

Hull City

Cardiff City

Stoke City

Norwich Final League Position:

13th

FA Cup:

Manchester United

League Cup:

Arsenal

Community Shield:

Manchester United

Championship:

Promoted:

Wigan Athletic (winners)

Leicester City

Bournemouth (play-off winners)

Relegated:

Yeovil Town

Doncaster Rovers

Huddersfield Town

League One:

Promoted:

Wolves (winners)

Sheffield United

Bradford City (playoffs)

Relegated:

Port Vale

Crawley Town

Shrewsbury Town

Stevenage

League Two:

Promoted:

Portsmouth (winners)

Bristol Rovers

Oxford United

Plymouth Argyle (play-off winners)

Relegated:

Dagenham & Redbridge

Accrington Stanley

Champions League:

Barcelona

Europa League:

Bayer Leverkusen

Ligue 1:

Paris Saint-Germain

La Liga:

Barcelona

Serie A:

Napoli

Bundesliga:

Borussia Dortmund

FIFA World Cup:

Will suddenly be awarded to Djibouti after they promise to give Sepp Blatter billions of dollars.

[quote user="Reykjavik Canary"]Premier League Top 4:

Chelsea (winners)

Manchester United

Liverpool

Manchester City

Premier League Relegated:

Hull City

Cardiff City

Stoke City

Norwich Final League Position:

13th

FA Cup:

Manchester United

League Cup:

Arsenal

Community Shield:

Manchester United

Championship:

Promoted:

Wigan Athletic (winners)

Leicester City

Bournemouth (play-off winners)

Relegated:

Yeovil Town

Doncaster Rovers

Huddersfield Town

League One:

Promoted:

Wolves (winners)

Sheffield United

Bradford City (playoffs)

Relegated:

Port Vale

Crawley Town

Shrewsbury Town

Stevenage

League Two:

Promoted:

Portsmouth (winners)

Bristol Rovers

Oxford United

Plymouth Argyle (play-off winners)

Relegated:

Dagenham & Redbridge

Accrington Stanley

Champions League:

Barcelona

Europa League:

Bayer Leverkusen

Ligue 1:

Paris Saint-Germain

La Liga:

Barcelona

Serie A:

Napoli

Bundesliga:

Borussia Dortmund

FIFA World Cup:

Will suddenly be awarded to Djibouti after they promise to give Sepp Blatter billions of dollars.[/quote]Can you please be a little more specific?Please try putting a little more detail into your posts. [;)]I have no predictions. I have no idea what will happen.What I want is;1) decent progression in the League.2) a cup run, concluding in a final at Wembley.#2 is so overdue!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="ellis206"]

Realistically staying up again is the priority although hopefully that should be slightly easier this time around as we should be miles ahead of the 3 teams that have come up. People predicting top 10 are slightly deluded in my opinion, even if we spend 30m this summer, chances are other clubs will be spending similar and already have better squads than us, expecting another tough season. Annoying thing is, people predicting top 10 will be crying again when we are lower than that!!!

[/quote]

All very well to say that,  but presuming we improve in our second season under Hughton - which we should - is it really unreasonable to think we couldn''t finish two places higher than we are now?    12th at present and only two points off 10th place? 

[/quote]

I can see what you are saying but realistically we will lose vs City on Sunday and end up about 15th :)